GDT-Ft Wayne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT-Ft Wayne

Coach Paul and his Mastodons are 1-7 on the road. I see no reason that they will not be 1-8 tonight. Jackrabbits should remember the close call at their place.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT-Ft Wayne

plus we seem to play better on thursday and struggle on sunday. atleast that IMO seemed to be the trend. Will be dissapointed if we dont go 1-0 in the next 2 games.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Another game where we get our opponents best effort.I actually prefer that, it makes our team "tougher " and less susceptible to an upset come tournament time.

Comment

Katie scores easy. Rhings might get messy for mastodons. 47-28 with 145:30 to go.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

15:30

Comment

IPFW trying to come back. 60-52 Jacks with 5:30 left.

Comment

C'mon, ladies. Wing it like Wolters (a la "Bend It Like Beckham")
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

64-54 Jacks, final media. 3:37 left. IPFW got to within 6 but we've had few good possessions in the last 2 minutes.

Comment

Foul fest to finish it. 72-62 Jacks. :30 left.

Comment

72-62 Jacks, final. Good win. Got kind of close for a moment.

Comment

Kind of slow over here, i guess everyone is still talking about Nate. Women win 72-62. This game featured senior leadership as well, Lingle with a career high 18.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                        Kind of slow over here, i guess everyone is still talking about Nate. Women win 72-62. This game featured senior leadership as well, Lingle with a career high 18.
                        Hard to top a 53-point effort. Plus, watching Belmont-Murray State on ESPNU. It's a game.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                          18 is all? C'mon Lingle you gotta bring it.

Just kidding. Congrats on the career high.

Glad the women kept it rolling tonight.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Watched the WBB game and listened to the MBB. WBB keeps getting production from a wide variety of players. Playing IPFW, with their 4 guard line-up, opened up for our posts to get the inside scoring going. This was a game that played to Katie's strengths, and she had a great senior quality game. 18 pts, and she ends up 1 rebound short of double-double. Season low 3 pt attempts by the Jacks, as they tried all game to pound it inside against the shorter 'Dons team.

Comment

I think we play to our competition level a lot more than we should.That's understandable,and i don't think it's a big enough concern to harp on.They've said in their post game interviews that they realize they have far more potential than they've shown,and,i believe they do too.Some game,it'll all just click and everything will go perfectly,hopefully it'll happen during tournament time.Let's face it, our problems are something the rest of the League would gladly accept ,if it meant being 10-1 and in first place going into the last 5 games of the year.Go Jacks!

On a side note,this is totally unrelated to the team win,just an observation(probably,misconceived),but,how fast is Katie Lingle ?Watching the highlites of the Jacks vs Middle Tenn,she gets a block and tears downcourt and is at half court before she seems to realize that I'm a forward not a gaurd and stops.But at that time I thought," man,she's SEC fast,wish she'd have trusted her ball handling skills and took it to the hoop".That may have,or may not have turned out good,but it would have been fun to see her try it once.Maybe she thought what AJ would have said ,because she did stop fast....lol ( second viewing,i think it might have been Clarin instead,can't see wht numbers on yellow)
                              Megan Stuart did take one in for a lay up from about the 3/4 court range and Clarin seems to run well,maybe the question should be "are our bigs fast for their size,or ,is Middle Tenn slow?"
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-08-2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X