Delaware state-gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Delaware state-gdt

I am thinking that AJ had some people playing when the first lead was extended hoping that some experience was available. Megan Stuart has been getting rusty on the bench and Katie was definitely needing a break.. Mariah also gained some extra minutes last night. Also, Megan W was fouled at one point where the DSU gal rolled onto her leg during a rebound. The DSU team was ready to mix it up and injury was not a threat, but in Katie's case-it was a reality. There was another potential injury late in the game with a loose ball and tie up where I think it was Hannah may have recieved some extracurricular action. Taking the ugly win and hoping we do not get into another one where the quick guards get the easy shots and make the game closer than it should be.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Hannah was on the floor with the ball and a DSU player grabbed the ball and lifted Hannah off the floor and kind of bent her backwards. A warning or a foul should have been issued but the refs did nothing. When the refs are calling crap like they did last night I think that leads to a lot of frustration in players and chippy play is the result. calling handchecks all night and letting the serious pounding go uncalled is just riduculous. would be nice if the coaches could speaki out about certain whistle happy refs.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
        Hannah was on the floor with the ball and a DSU player grabbed the ball and lifted Hannah off the floor and kind of bent her backwards. A warning or a foul should have been issued but the refs did nothing. When the refs are calling crap like they did last night I think that leads to a lot of frustration in players and chippy play is the result. calling handchecks all night and letting the serious pounding go uncalled is just riduculous. would be nice if the coaches could speaki out about certain whistle happy refs.
        Ask Douple if he could send the "BASKETBALL " REFS next time instead of the WWWF "REFS" they sent here by mistake.
        I hope they got that on video so we can show what kind of refereeing we have to put up with in the Summit.

I'm sure if AJ were to be offered a coaching position in another conference again(heaven forbid),he wouldn't have second thoughts about getting away from the terrible refereeing (sp?).They were joking about the refs having him "mumbling "to himself on tv's live chat of the game.The refs frustrated both teams players and caused the game to evolve into a basketbrawl game.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-19-2012, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Name one coach who loves the officials. You won't find one that does. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            In the SF area 104.1 has carried the last couple of women's games. I'm not sure if they carry all of them nor do I know how far out the reception is.
            104.1 the wolf is the sister station to WNAX and carries all the women's games.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
            X