Marquette Golden Eagles-GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marquette Golden Eagles-GDT

Seems like teams like to exploit our apparent weakness in 3pt shooting defense.I wonder where we will rank when the NCAA stats come out.(They're out,we rank #244,tied w/8 other teams,allowing 33.3%,while shooting 32.7%)
    I noticed a lot of times,our defender was caught looking the wrong way and didn't notice the person cutting to the hoop.I'd see it developing and noticed our defender was looking elsewhere unaware of the cutter,until it was too late .

Defenders get screened and the players they were defending get open.Of course,watching and playing are two very different things.I still think being aware of what's happening can make a lot of difference as to how well players react thus how well they play defense.Minor thing,easily corrected.

Middle Tennessee will be very tough,and are well seasoned already,doing well in tough games against tough competition.Seems like the women actually play better and are more focussed against the better opponents.Should be a good opportunity for our team to correct some deficiencies and hone our skills against NCAA tournament competition.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-30-2012, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X