Creighton gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Creighton gdt

again the Jacks really need to find a way to beat the full court press. at Oakland last year the did something I would like to see them do again. brought everyone down to the baseline, ran around, threw the inbound pass to the tallest player, while Ashley lost her defender and took off for half court, pass down court to the wide open receiver for two. they ran it twice to perfection. with all the preseason hype on Ashley I think she is going to get the Nate Wolters treatment and be doubled up on everytime she gets the ball. Creighton was doing this to her all night, along with double teaming when the ball came to the post. they need Hannah back in for her trey shooting, I think they said she didn't play because of matchup problems with CU and illness the previous two games, has played I think seven minutes so far. I think Rachel W was playing with a knee brace the other night or at least one of the players was.

Comment

If the women do not have a better showing under the fullcourt press on Sunday, I will be concerned. There has been 3 nationally competitive teams to this point with another coming Sunday. The coaching staff are not needing to read this thread to realize some items need work. Creighton's defense is the best and quickest they have seen so far. There are some good things happening. The free throws have improved, the defense has improved, and rebounding is good. Katie still is doing well off the bench offensively against strong competition. We are still needing to get more open 3's or stronger play from our shooters down low when under pressure. ( I saw the replay on Megan S drive to bucket which was called a travel-the fan in me still called it a good drive for 2.) I remember the improvement last year in Gabby and I expect to see the same things happening with other players sooner this year. Even as a higher seed in the NCAA, it may be that we could draw an over hyped 3 or 4 seed to even out the field. The coaching staff were aware that we have a grueling schedule for the women. Hopefully we will see a few extra stagger in for the Sunday game after the Rushmore Rumble on the gridiron.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

These good schools that we are playing now will benefit us so much in Feb/March. We are young and the team is figuring out thier identity and rolls on the team. When watching them play you see a glimps of what is to come but it will take a little time. Know one likes to lose but these games are good learning opportunities. Nebraska will be tough - obviously - but I think the girls will come out ready.

Couple other comments: I would like to see the Jacks utilize Megan W's height when she has a smaller guard on her. She played some post in high school and can probably post up a 5-9 guard easily.... Against Creighton, Megan S and Mariah would have an open 6 ft jumper but instead try and drive into the taller, stronger posts - they should shoot the open shot. Don't force down low and expect a foul. Chloe looked like a freshman the first rotation off the bench -- but was happy to see her adjust and come back more ready to handle the pressure. She will be good - just needs a little experience at college speed. Would like to see Walters a bit more at the arc but worry about her foot speed on defense. Leah is doing the dirty work down low - doesn't always get the attention but she is always working hard. Hopefully she can get a little scoring mentality. Ashley - like her game - needs to play with more attitude as she has the talent. Gabby is solid - she will score more as the season goes on but she makes others on the court better. I love Tara off the bench. She is so versitile and she brings a spark. She's small but plays tough. Need to figure out Strop's role - I don't think she's a post but if she's going to be a forward/4 - she is going to have to pound the boards. I think she can guard the post but would have trouble with post moves. Forgot Lingle - she gave us big minutes in the post when we were having trouble finishing. If she's on with that hook - hard to stop! The team has lots of weapons - just need a floor leader who's willing to step up and give some direction. Good luck this weekend ladies!

Comment

I think Dietel is kind of under- rated this year,she looks really strong taking it to the hoop.I think she's made that transition from meek and unsure to confident and more aggressive.She'll get her scoring opportunities,and with renewed confidence,she'll just be another player the opposition has to contend with this year.
          I agree with Captain Jack that they're trying to take it all the way to the hoop, and passing up good open looks,the opposition is usually in place and waiting for that.This will change as the shooting percentage heats up,then, watch out!

Comment

Big game tomorrow vs Hooper and co.,Neb. is starting to gel as a team,hope we are too,everyone show up at Frost and cheer for the Jacks!Should be a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Big game tomorrow vs Hooper and co.,Neb. is starting to gel as a team,hope we are too,everyone show up at Frost and cheer for the Jacks!Should be a great game.
              Absolutely!! We schedule a top 25 team to play at Frost and people do not want to see the match??? I saw last year's game at Lincoln. It was a good game if you did not count the first 5 minutes of the second half. The Jackrabbit women should be as good this year. outside shots and rebounding carried the Huskers last year. Maybe the women will get their sights on again tomorrow. They had over 3200 show up for the game there over the Xmas vacation. Hopefully we could get more than 2000.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
              X