Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Creighton gdt

Jays by 10 8 to go
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

So someone at the game or watching the game please tell me Creighton's defense is really really good. I have a feeling that is not entirely the case.Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Quick,tight defense. Man to man full court pressure. Chloe really exposed tonite. Some ball handling problems for us plus pressure.20 TO. 30% shooting. Forced shots inside that were not there.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Not a surprising outcome. AJ's teams have struggled a bit with turnovers and offensive production early the last few years. Remember Cancun last year? I think he uses these early games to get a better feel for personnel understanding he might lose a few OOC games but be better prepared for conference play. The goal, of course, is to win the tourney and the autobid. I expect there will be additional struggles to come.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Not a surprising outcome. AJ's teams have struggled a bit with turnovers and offensive production early the last few years. Remember Cancun last year? I think he uses these early games to get a better feel for personnel understanding he might lose a few OOC games but be better prepared for conference play. The goal, of course, is to win the tourney and the autobid. I expect there will be additional struggles to come.
            Good post. This team will be fine. Defensively we are going to give Summit teams fits. Offensively, we are a work in progress, and the competition we are playing has a lot to do with it. It'll likely get worse before it gets better. Nebraska could very well 20-ball us and Penn St could be in the 40 range. November is a long ways from March.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Seems the team has gone from offensive minded the first few years of d-1 to a defensive minded team. Don't really see the runnin gunnin from 3 team that we had so gotten use to. Seemed most of the last few years their were always several 3pt threats that could light it up at any time. Seems this team is having a harder time scoring and finding that range.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

once again unable to pickup game on radio. i put a small antenna on my roof and hooked it to my home entertainment center. 93.7 fm brookings comes in great.
                I was able to listen to the games in minneapolis. turned it on last night, nothing but music. what's the deal? who's broadcasting and when? I live in rural north central s.d. and our internet service is slow at best. not a good option.

Comment

Originally posted by 76JACK View Post
                  once again unable to pickup game on radio. i put a small antenna on my roof and hooked it to my home entertainment center. 93.7 fm brookings comes in great.I was able to listen to the games in minneapolis. turned it on last night, nothing but music. what's the deal? who's broadcasting and when? I live in rural north central s.d. and our internet service is slow at best. not a good option.
                  last night the postgMe was on 910. You would need big booster to get that at night. 570 was not on the postgame either.

Comment

Jacks started good then the pressure from the Jays killed em. Double team a lot of the time on the guard bringing the ball up court, double team all the time when the ball was passed inside to the posts. lots of grabbing and slapping at the ball from the Jays. not blaming the refs on it but a few more calls should have went against the Jays. Think the Jacks, m&w are going to see a ton of ball pressure this year if the next team uses the film of the previous team that plays them. There was a lot of standing around on offense and really bad passing. Really out of control on offense. Defense was pretty good but left the hot shooters open from three and back door passes open. When the Jacks went to the press and double team on the ball it worked fairly well but still at times lost the player who would score on them. Seems like turnovers are a part of this team and have been for years and they cant find a way to fix it.

Comment

Yes, if turnovers drive you crazy I would not recommend watching SDSU womens' basketball!

Comment

The problem with "getting a feel" these last few years is that gets us a 15-16 seed come selection night. I too am a little concerned with our offense the last few years. It definitely doesn't make for fan friendly basketball...especially when we're losing a home as much as we have been the past few years. I guess I'm just not satisfied with the women's play the past few years other than making the NCAA. Maybe I'm hard to please.Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          The problem with "getting a feel" these last few years is that gets us a 15-16 seed come selection night. I too am a little concerned with our offense the last few years. It definitely doesn't make for fan friendly basketball...especially when we're losing a home as much as we have been the past few years. I guess I'm just not satisfied with the women's play the past few years other than making the NCAA. Maybe I'm hard to please.Go Jacks!!
                          Sorry, this post makes no sense. Losing at home as much as we have been? We lost at home once last year...to Kansas State. Not satisfied with their play...OTHER than making the NCAA? We're the only team in HISTORY to make it to the NCAA tourney the first 4 years they've been eligible. I agree with your last sentence...you are hard to please.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            Yes, if turnovers drive you crazy I would not recommend watching SDSU womens' basketball!
                            If we aere scoring 70+ points, the TO's would not be as dramatic. When you score under 60, the possessions are more valuable or the shooting %teen needs to go up. Ithink the % will go up.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              Sorry, this post makes no sense. Losing at home as much as we have been? We lost at home once last year...to Kansas State. Not satisfied with their play...OTHER than making the NCAA? We're the only team in HISTORY to make it to the NCAA tourney the first 4 years they've been eligible. I agree with your last sentence...you are hard to please.
                              Not satisfied with their offense and I meant their OCC record home and away the past few years. Wasn't it 2 years ago we lost more games at home than we did all through transition? Couple that with the fact there were 1800 in attendance last night, make me wonder a little bit if our fans MIGHT be "getting complacent" in regards to SdSu women's bb. But, If everyone's satisfied then I guess I won't worry about it. I love to see them in the NCAA every year just like everyone else...but you know what I like even better and I know the team does too...making a run deep into the tournament. Starting off with a 15 seed makes that hard to do.Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                If we aere scoring 70+ points, the TO's would not be as dramatic. When you score under 60, the possessions are more valuable or the shooting %teen needs to go up. Ithink the % will go up.
                                That's the key. At some point in time,our "athletic" players have to start finishing the close in shots . There are too many of those shots that aren't even drawing iron. It's wonderful to have a team full of great athletes,but in the end it's the numbers on the scoreboard that count. I know AJ has praised these last two or three recruiting classes as being more athletic than the good teams of the past , but those teams were definitely better on finishing around the basket.

Comment

Working...
                                X