• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GAME TIME Thread

From Terry's Blog:

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/

Game time set; interest grows

Posted in SDSU | Tuesday, March 13th, 2007 | Trackback

SDSU will host Illinois State or Rice at 7 p.m. Saturday, the school’s time and date of preference. Another option would have been 3 p.m. Sunday.

All reserved tickets (roughly 2,100) have been sold already. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

thats prety cool, what is record attendence for a womens game?

Comment

Very fun video alert! 8-)

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5813

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
          The Frost Arena attendance record was set
          on Feb. 11, 1989, when 9,456 fans attended
          the SDSU-Augustana men’s basketball game.'

Womens is
          7,814 South Dakota Jan. 16, 2003

Comment

It depends on how you define record attendance.........

The largest crowd in the past 15 years (from the Media Guide) was 7814 against USD in 2003, BUT that game was a doubleheader and many of those fans likely came early in order to ensure themselves a seat for the men's game.

The largest crowd for a women's only game since we went D-I was 4739 aginst NDSU in 2005. That mark is certain to fall on Saturday.

Saturday's game has the potential to be a record-maker, particularly if the weather is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Starks03
              [quote author=SUPERBUNNY link=1173809826/15#17 date=1173817812][quote author=Starks03 link=1173809826/15#15 date=1173817189]I was trying to purchase tickets online @ 1pm, what was the problem?  This is a bad deal for us out of towners.  I just tried to order tickets online a there is no reserved left.  Someone dropped the ball in a bad way.  
              A very large number of the reserved were already taken by season ticket holders in the pre-sale.  

The great thing about Frost Arena is that there ain't a bad seat in the joint!  

I was able to get through online at about 1:30 or close to it.  I was able to get through on the phone line at the same time so I completed my transaction via the tele.  Don't know what the delay was!

Yes, it's frustrating but please don't let it keep you from being there for this historic game!  I'm talking to everyone here, not just Starks03!

The early bird gets the worm for GA seats!  It's going to be an incredible atmosphere!

GO JACKS!

SUPERBUNNY[/quote]

You know, the last thing I wanted to do was purchase GA tickets, but between Superbunny and my girlfriend selling me on the idea, I had to cave...just purchased them online.  If we get another home game, I hope the ticket office is better prepared.  [/quote]

Attaway! Just think about how bummed you would be if you miss out on a classic game that is talked about for years!

Personally, just being able to say, "I was there the first time SDSU made the post season in basketball." That does it for me! Dang it, there go the goose bumps again!

GO BIG, GO BLUE, GOT GET YOUR TICKETS TO YELL "GO JACKS!"

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I won't be able to make it to Brookings, as I'll be announcing the State "A" tournament in Rapid City. Someone please yell extra-loud for me!
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                  Very fun video alert!  8-)

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5813

Go State!  
                  I wonder if the Yote faithful will venture over and hear Grimsrud saying this is a good thing especially for teams like USD and UND that will be soon making the transition.  She even hoped them have similar success.  And the Yotes think we are all stuck on ourselves over on this board.

WAY TO GO LADIES.

It will be interesting to see the reaction on Rice or Illinois State when they venture into the World's Largest Rabbit Den.  I hope they are in just as much awe as that Cal State Something team back in the 80s when Tetz and Schultz ruled D2 BB.  Will be there cheering on the Jacks just might be a little more sober than in 1985.

Comment

Great Story on Kelo-Land News at 6... Anyone else see it?

Cant wait to enter a SOLD OUT FROST ON SAT!!!!

Comment

My 2 cents...

As a vetern of the SDSU Ticket Office from the last two DII regionals and NCC tournaments SDSU hosted, it is a crazy environment for the athletic department when announcements are made on short notice.  PLEASE be patient with the staff involved in selling tickets. Internet and phone service isn't perfect, and it's even less so when pushed to the max.  If you have to stand in line or wait for a tickets, don't complain, be greatful that YOUR TEAM has given you something to wait for and be excited about. I know everyone wants to be treated like royalty and have everything go smoothly.  Do the staff a favor, when you see anyone from the ticket office at the game walk up, thank them, and tell them that you appreciate the time and effort they put into handling the sell out crowd.  Always made my day when someone I didn't know thanked me for a little customer service effort I put forward.  Trust me, the ticket office staff will be putting in 12-15 hour days getting ready for each home game of the WNIT.  It's taxing, tiring work, but very rewarding when you see all of the cheering fans in the stands and knowing that you made sure each one of those people got your best effort to get tickets in their hands.

I wish I could be at the game just to experience a crowd like this from the other end of the spectrum (spectator not worker).  Have fun and cheer loud and make sure that the Frost Arena advantage is in full form.

<Off my soap box now>
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Amen CatchEmAll!!! As for the concerns about the reserved seats being gone, remember two things: 1) There were almost 900 season tickets holders, and 2) season ticket holders were given advance opportunity to hold their seats and buy additional seats. So when it is a high demand game, the reserved seats can go fast (more reserved seats are in the game plan for the future.)

That's one of the advantages of being a season ticket holder!! The time squeeze on the WNIT is really tight for the ticket office, and obviously phone calls and people coming up trying to find out the time of the game, when the WNIT hasn't set a time, is just an additional stress on the ticket staff. They are good people and they do the best they can.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
                          Amen CatchEmAll!!! As for the concerns about the reserved seats being gone, remember two things: 1) There were almost 900 season tickets holders, and 2) season ticket holders were given advance opportunity to hold their seats and buy additional seats. So when it is a high demand game, the reserved seats can go fast (more reserved seats are in the game plan for the future.)

That's one of the advantages of being a season ticket holder!! The time squeeze on the WNIT is really tight for the ticket office, and obviously phone calls and people coming up trying to find out the time of the game, when the WNIT hasn't set a time, is just an additional stress on the ticket staff. They are good people and they do the best they can.
                          I heard most of the season ticket holders chose to hold their seats (and good for them). As for whether the ticket staff was ready, certainly most of the glitches were not their fault. The online sales glitch, for example, was probably difficulty with a service provider that handles those sales and not the fault of anyone at SDSU. With just over 12 hours to prepare, they did the very best they could.

I love the part of that video where Megan Vogel says they're in it to win it. You have to be so proud of those young women. What a great bunch of ambassadors for SDSU.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Does anybody know if WNAX is going to brodcast it or are they going to keep it on there FM provider?

Comment

I got my ticket today! I will be outside waiting when the doors open Saturday! ;D ;D ;D

I have nothing but praise for the Ticket Office staff. Sure I had to wait while the card reader was down but I was only in line 20 minutes in all. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Does anybody know if WNAX is going to brodcast it or are they going to keep it on there FM provider?
                                Jerry O. posted earlier, it will be on WNAX 570.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X