AJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ

Rumor has it that AJ was a finalist for the Utah State and Colorado State jobs. Both positions went to other Summit League coaches.

Re: AJ

Originally posted by Drake View Post
    Rumor has it that AJ was a finalist for the Utah State and Colorado State jobs. Both positions went to other Summit League coaches.
    Ryun Williams from USD get the Colorado State job but who got the Utah State? I guess I missed it.

Comment

Finkbeiner from ORU to Utah State.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
        Interesting if true - I don't think anyone here would trade AJ for either one of those two coaches. Have to wonder if the whole Wisc - Green Bay situation from a few years back might make schools hesitant to pull the trigger on AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Finkbeiner from ORU to Utah State.
          Ohhh yeah, I knew about this. Hiring is like recruiting, something of a crap shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Interesting if true - I don't think anyone here would trade AJ for either one of those two coaches. Have to wonder if the whole Wisc - Green Bay situation from a few years back might make schools hesitant to pull the trigger on AJ.
            Hard to say. Seems a little unrealistic to hold this against AJ. He is a different person in a different time. I suppose a scenerio might be that he turned both these jobs down. Lets hope this is the scenerio that played out.

Comment

He was not offered either job.

Comment

You seem pretty sure, care to name the source of your info? Not that I don't trust a guy with 44 posts or anything

Comment

Assuming he was interested, it's pretty hard to believe that either of those schools would pass on AJ. With a couple more solid years I would think that he would have much larger suitors than Colorado St./Utah St. All I know for certain is that we should be very thankful for every year he stays at SDSU. We are lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                    You seem pretty sure, care to name the source of your info? Not that I don't trust a guy with 44 posts or anything
                    His source is beer talk in a bar in Vermillion. I look at all 44 posts and Drake is definitely a USD fan getting his little jabs in here and there.

Comment

While we like to keep to a minimum taking shots at other posters (I've taken my share), I have to concur with Nidaros about the likely source of the rumors and his conclusion about Drake's allegiance to the small school to the south. At the same time, it doesn't surprise me at all that any school larger than SDSU looking for a women's basketball coach would at least contact AJ. AJ knows he'll be able to write his ticket when the time is right and a school will have to pay him accordingly. The choice is not just the school's -- if AJ was considered, it may clearly be a case of AJ rejecting the school, not the school "passing" on AJ (just as Southeast found incredulous in his prior post).

Comment

http://www.tulsaworld.com/site/print...rintComments=1

According to this article, AJ was not one of the three finalists, and if he was a finalist, he had to be further down the list.

Comment

I heard from the second in command, person to leave Vermillion that Aj had his name in the hat. The Wisconsin thing hurt him from what this guy said. But it was over a beer the day before he left for Colorado. Have no idea if there was any truth to it but it was said. And I am a true Jackrabbit living in Vermillion, but I guess you have to live somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by dozer1981 View Post
                            I heard from the second in command, person to leave Vermillion that Aj had his name in the hat. The Wisconsin thing hurt him from what this guy said. But it was over a beer the day before he left for Colorado. Have no idea if there was any truth to it but it was said. And I am a true Jackrabbit living in Vermillion, but I guess you have to live somewhere.
                            Well AJ is still the HC and that is all that matters. Ryun Williams having a beer with you a day before he left, you must choose your friends in a skillful and meaningful manner. BTW I made trip to Vermillion the other day just to see what is going on. I used to drive through Vermillion on my way to SDSU games, when I lived in Columbus, Ne. Lots of changes since 2005, and lots of campus construction going on. Not a bad place to live. Its better than Arlington. At least you can get a fix of Toby's Chicken in Meckling whenever you want. I got mine last Monday. I am not questioning Drake or you except that Vermillion has always had floating rumors about SDSU and SDSU personnel in which most are false, but they make for good conversationd down there in Clay County.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 06-17-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

It is only a matter of time before a big school (Colorado St or bigger) looks for a long term coaching solution and drives a big dump truck full of cash to AJs house and offers him a deal he cant turn down...hes got 30ish years of coaching left and he obviously knows how to win and work with what is given to him...

Comment

Working...
                              X