SDSU to face Purdue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU to face Purdue

Watching the leadup to the game on ESPN2 this morning: the moderators know the Jackrabbits well and I think the days of calling us San Diego State are behind us. They were reviewing the games and when they came to Purdue v SD State, Wingo said "The Jackrabbits!" and noted the Jackrabbit men scared Baylor...can the women do the same?

Comment

Argh. Rebounding.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Yeah... some missed opportunities in the 1st half. Still, down only 5 points to a top-15 team (on their home court) is very impressive. This one is certainly within reach, especially if they can draw a few more fouls on those Purdue posts.

Comment

After getting a great play by Sunny for an and 1 3, Jacks have been getting beat on D. 52-40 at 1st media TO, 14+min left.

Comment

Moses is hot, hot hot, from 3

Sunny hits a 3.

TO by Jacks are costing them big time.

59-45 PU up

Comment

at Mackey, i was afraid if rayburn or moses were hot from 3 it would be a huge problem. jacks had to use too much gas trying to dig themselves out of the holes they got into. plus, jacks got caught a number of times trying to play too fast---leading to to's. purdue's "D" finally started to take over. i know the jackrabbit's played hard and left it all on the court. a very nice season.

Comment

was there and we were sweating our butts off just sitting there. TV wasn't lying about it being a sauna. cant imagine what it was like for the players, sure kept Purdue hot though. the guards were just too quick with their hands on our guards with those steals. the two teams maybe were pretty good matchup but Purdue really outclassed the Jacks yesterday.

Comment

Proud to be fan of the Jacks. Great season!

Comment

* quoted text deleted *

attention: One of the admins needs to take these links down FROM THE ORIGINAL POST ABOVE - the linked website install spyware/virus called security shield. It instantly made a mess of my computer. Please remove.
                    Last edited by filbert; 03-18-2012, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      attention: One of the admins needs to take these links down FROM THE ORIGINAL POST ABOVE - the linked website install spyware/virus called security shield. It instantly made a mess of my computer. Please remove.
                      It's not listed as a malware-propagating site, but better safe than sorry, I guess . . . we'll take the links down . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        It's not listed as a malware-propagating site, but better safe than sorry, I guess . . . we'll take the links down . . .
                        Thanks - i can assure you the "Security Sheild 2012" app began going crazy on my computer the instant I clicked the link. Extremely annoying so far - its an app that seems to be an anti-virus app but it is just that - a virus itself. Grrrr....

Comment

Best way to deal with that one is to immediately power off your computer. If you try to close the pop up, you'll trigger the problems. Just shut it down by holding the power button. Then, power back up and run a scan with your virus-checking software to make sure you didn't pick any bugs up.

Comment

I went to the site for about 12 seconds (I wasn't really interested once I got there) and it didn't do anything to my computer. I run Chrome though, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Public Service Announcement:

Here's a few (verified non-nasty) links regarding "Security Shield" and similar bogus/scam security software:

Microsoft Malware Protection Center description (including some pointers to removal info)

Removal info from the delightfully named bleepingcomputer.com
                              Bleepingcomputer.com recommends (sells?) a tool called Malwarebytes. Haven't used but seems to be well-thought-of (heh, at least at bleepingcomputer.com. Have I mentioned I like the domain name?)
                              (Actually, some of the pros--or enthusiastic amateurs--you never know which--at Sectools.org seem to like Malwarebytes, too.)

Back in the day when I was still a Windows user, Spybot Search and Destroy was a very handy and low-footprint malware defense tool. Don't know if it's kept up with the times but might be worth a look.

Unfortunately, the only way to really be safe is to not click on anything (don't click on that link! You don't know where it's been!)

*I have no financial or any other interest (that I know of, anyway) in any of the above companies/organizations. And yes, I used to be in computer/network security. Strong emphasis on "used to be."
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

South Carolina takes out Purdue tonight 72-61...Moses with no 3's...go figure
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X