Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SUU gdt

Originally posted by Chains View Post
    I agree that this will be a difficult next three games. Oral, USD and UMKC are all in the upper division of the conference standings. Plus, both USD and UMKC are 4-1 in conference play at their home. The Jacks are good enough to win all three games and can play poorly enough to lose all three games. We need to do whatever it takes to earn a bye the first day of conference tournament play. That said - this team seems to play just well enough to give themselves a good chance to win every conference game. I am thinking 3-0 this coming week but it all needs to start Monday vs Oral.

GBGBGJ
    With only 8 teams qualifying for the Tournament,there are no byes. The top two seeds for both men and women play the 7 and 8 seeds on Saturday .

Comment

You are correct. I was with the understanding that the number one and two seeds both rec'd a bye. But, looking at the summit league tournament bracket you are right the #1 seed plays #8 and so on. I guess if you can't beat the number 8 or 7 seed than you don't deserve to move on. Thanks for the corrections.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      With only 8 teams qualifying for the Tournament,there are no byes. The top two seeds for both men and women play the 7 and 8 seeds on Saturday .

Comment

#1 and #2 don't get a "bye" but they do get a very nice rest day on Sunday. #3 and #4 have to play 3 straight days (Sun-Tues) if they keep winning. It's nice to avoid that if you can.

Comment

Working...
        X