No announcement yet.

How about Black uni's for the women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How about Black uni's for the women?

The Bookstore can sell what they want. They are not part of the Athletic Department. They sell both Nike and Under Armour now.

Comment

Oh ha okay. Well that makes me happy.
      Great moments are born from great opportunities.
      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

design a uniform,neat site ,thanks SturgisJeff http://www.teamworkathletic.com/taa/design-uniform/
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-01-2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Your Home Uniform is supposed to be white. That is why we wear white uniforms. We used to wear the yellow or gold at home back in the day before the rule change. They do allow you to have another colored uniform, but I'm unsure on the ruling for that, but like Michigan used to wear yellow too, and are now only allowed to wear that at home on "special occasions".

The white uniform rule changed back around 1997 or so. That is why we wear white. Everyone has to wear white.

I'm not a fan of the Black uniforms. Stick with the School colors please. (and get off my lawn!)

Comment

I knew the rule changed a long time ago but even last year or the year before I saw the girls in yellow uniforms at home. Maybe a special occasion? and have we always had blue uni's? Because last years poster the girls were in yellow..this year they are in..blue?
            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
              I knew the rule changed a long time ago but even last year or the year before I saw the girls in yellow uniforms at home. Maybe a special occasion? and have we always had blue uni's? Because last years poster the girls were in yellow..this year they are in..blue?
              The women wore the yellow uniforms at home a couple of days ago. The men have also worn yellow at home recently.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                Your Home Uniform is supposed to be white. That is why we wear white uniforms. We used to wear the yellow or gold at home back in the day before the rule change. They do allow you to have another colored uniform, but I'm unsure on the ruling for that, but like Michigan used to wear yellow too, and are now only allowed to wear that at home on "special occasions".

The white uniform rule changed back around 1997 or so. That is why we wear white. Everyone has to wear white.

I'm not a fan of the Black uniforms. Stick with the School colors please. (and get off my lawn!)
                Looked in the NCAA rulebook,and it says the home team must wear light (not white) colored uniforms,and the visitors dark ones. I would guess that if the visitors uniforms are not some shade of yellow/gold that the Jacks are free to wear the gold. The rule also says the home team can wear the darker uniforms if both teams agree.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Looked in the NCAA rulebook,and it says the home team must wear light (not white) colored uniforms,and the visitors dark ones. I would guess that if the visitors uniforms are not some shade of yellow/gold that the Jacks are free to wear the gold. The rule also says the home team can wear the darker uniforms if both teams agree.
                  Interesting.

I remember from the high school days from before the rule changed... orange vs red... yellow vs orange... saw both of those happen. It sucked. I liked the rule change.

I knew the teams were allowed to wear them on some occasions. Good to know. Thanks bigticket!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Why would we wear gold when our colors are blue and yellow?
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Why would we wear gold when our colors are blue and yellow?
                      No gold. the color is yellow!!
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

might be open to it---as long as school colors are incorporated into the uni's.

not a big fan of what's going on at oregon---win or lose. no identity. just "flash".

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                          might be open to it---as long as school colors are incorporated into the uni's. not a big fan of what's going on at oregon---win or lose. no identity. just "flash".
                          Quick guess:Age > 30
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Not sure it's just an age thing. I'm 47 and I really like the black uniforms AND the Nike combat stuff.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I think age has nothing to do with it.
                              ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                                I think age has nothing to do with it.
                                Neither do I. Others have said that if you can have white uniforms when white is not a primary color, then it should not matter if some one choose to wear black. But if some one pipes up and suggests its okay if they are red, then I dont agree. Why not red with blue and yellow trim? Or maybe its not trendy.

Comment

Working...
                                X