How about Black uni's for the women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about Black uni's for the women?

How does everyone feel about black uni's for the womens program? Maybe the women don't fit the villain role too well?Very lucky for the men's program though.

Re: How about Black uni's for the women?

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    How does everyone feel about black uni's for the womens program? Maybe the women don't fit the villain role too well?Very lucky for the men's program though.
    Oaklands black looks sharp for their womens team. I think our womens team could to. The blues are my favorite.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Its GO BIG, GO BLUE, GO JACKS.

gbgbgj

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
        Its GO BIG, GO BLUE, GO JACKS.

gbgbgj
        Oh its not go big black. I thougth our colors were yellow blue and black.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Oaklands black looks sharp for their womens team. I think our womens team could to. The blues are my favorite.
          It's either blue or black or buy a 4th set of uniforms.

Me? I'm not a fan of the font. It's soggy, and it's the same one that NDSU used.

Comment

We will be getting new uniforms when the Nike contract is up anyway.

Comment

Please, school colors only.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                Please, school colors only.
                White isn't a school color. One of our home uniforms is white with yellow and blue highlights.

Why is black with yellow and blue highlights off the table? The black sets off the yellow and blue nicely on the men's uniforms.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  White isn't a school color. One of our home uniforms is white with yellow and blue highlights.

Why is black with yellow and blue highlights off the table? The black sets off the yellow and blue nicely on the men's uniforms.
                  You got me there JimmyJack. I guess I just don't like the black. To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                    We will be getting new uniforms when the Nike contract is up anyway.
                    I believe it's a new set of unis every 3 years under the Nike contract.

Before the Nike contract, IIRC, the men and women had roughly the same jerseys. Then the men stuck with "STATE" while the women went with "SD STATE" on the first set, but with block letters and the same color scheme. Now the men are still using the block letters, and blue on the yellow jerseys, with road blacks, while the women have gone with white letters on yellow, in that soggy font, and road blues. And, I have to say, I'm not a fan of either the home yellows or the font. The M & W jerseys are quite different which is, I think, fairly unusual at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

I don't think they would look good on women...idk why I just can't picture it. I don't know what the college rules are, but I know that MHS got rid of their yellow football jerseys because the new rules are white or your dominate color. Is State's dominate color yellow or blue?
                      Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                        I don't think they would look good on women...idk why I just can't picture it. I don't know what the college rules are, but I know that MHS got rid of their yellow football jerseys because the new rules are white or your dominate color. Is State's dominate color yellow or blue?
                        I take that back..its blue ha! go big, go blue, go jacks. I'm so dumb you guys!
                        ---Herb Brooks

Comment

I beleive the contract is up for bid every 3. Might not be Nike after this year.

Comment

Personally I like Nike better than anything else
                            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

we use to have I think it was wilson uniforms I think when Austin was still playing, I thought those were pretty sharp. had a nice wide stripe on the side helped put more color on the jersey that way IMO. Do the womens tops still have the issue where they are so wide on the shoulder that they fold them under? anyone else know what Im talking about, its hard to describe, but I think it looks tacky that they dont have tops that seem to fit their shoulders more naturally or comfortably that they dont have to fold the top of the should sleeve in half.

Also how baggy are uniforms going to get before we have to hold hands across America. Damn kids and their rock n roll, and stay off my grass. But seriously, it looks bad IMO. Not saying we have to go to John Stockon shorts, but at least stuff that doesnt look like its designed for morbidly obese people. It looks sloppy, but I guess this conversation is neither here nor there.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X