WBB Jacks @ Nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WBB Jacks @ Nebraska

Jacks 71 pt, 21 from Eide, 20 by Sunny, 8 Young.

Beat by 8 rebounds by Neb

Huskers, 80

20 TO by Jacks

Comment

We seem to struggle coming out of the half offensively... but for five-six minutes we went shot for shot with them. This team has the potential to be very good. They just need to get a complete game.

Comment

There were some real positives in the first half. Eide did some driving and Sunnaborg starting scoring. Good signs.

Comment

If a loss can be a moral victory then maybe this one is. The Jacks played with one of the best teams in the country and had their chances. Now, take what you've learned from this one, make the adjustments needed, and roll throught the Summit League!
          When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

i had a feeling we were going to lose this game when we shot 59% for the first half and trailed by two points.I knew we wouldn't shoot that good, probably, in the second half.Nebraska and most ranked teams are highly efficient teams that just don't make too many mistakes.I liked this game anyway,because ,except for a little lapse after the half of going back to turning the ball over and basically negating our higher shooting percentage with mistakes, we matched them bucket for bucket and played with a ranked team.Good job Jacks,keep getting better!

Comment

Our announcer calls Sunnorborg(sp) Sunny all the time. Explain to me the difference with the Nebraska announcers.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                i had a feeling we were going to lose this game when we shot 59% for the first half and trailed by two points.I knew we wouldn't shoot that good, probably, in the second half.Nebraska and most ranked teams are highly efficient teams that just don't make too many mistakes.I liked this game anyway,because ,except for a little lapse after the half of going back to turning the ball over and basically negating our higher shooting percentage with mistakes, we matched them bucket for bucket and played with a ranked team.Good job Jacks,keep getting better!
                I liked this game, too. I think this might have been one of their best played games on the season.
                I just listened to the post game interview with Eide and Sunnarborg and didn't know what to think. They said that this wasn't "about" the best game they've played this year. I know it wasn't a win but they played toe-to-toe with a ranked team on their home court. I wonder if it's one of those things that if you don't win, you played bad. I think if they played like this in their other 5 loses, they might only have a couple loses on the season.
                I guess the pre-conference season is over and now it's time to win the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                  I liked this game, too. I think this might have been one of their best played games on the season.
                  I just listened to the post game interview with Eide and Sunnarborg and didn't know what to think. They said that this wasn't "about" the best game they've played this year. I know it wasn't a win but they played toe-to-toe with a ranked team on their home court. I wonder if it's one of those things that if you don't win, you played bad. I think if they played like this in their other 5 loses, they might only have a couple loses on the season.
                  I guess the pre-conference season is over and now it's time to win the conference.
                  I agree, this game showed us we can play good basketball, no thanks to the refs giving NU easy points at the line. If we cut down a few turnovers and get a couple more rebounds, we could have won this game. Just glad to see 2 players really step up. If they didnt this game could have been ugly. I think the summit is strong top to bottom so we could IMO finish 1 thru 6. Our first 2 summit games were huge to win on the road, lets hope we are ready to run strong in confrence play. If we play like we are capable we can do great, if we play like we did at cinncy, ouch.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I went to the game. It didn't feel like we shot 50%+. We missed too many layups/easy shots. Hit a few of those and make a few more free throws and we win, despite the turnovers. If we can tighten up some of those areas, I think we can be pretty good. 'Course, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we wouldn't have to wait until Sunday for Christmas.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

It's hard to believe the Jacks could score 71 with Jill only going 1 for 4 from the floor. I think her and Sunnarborg suffer from not having a consistent 3rd offensive threat like Rotert was last season. Opposing teams seem willing to go all-out to contain them and take their chances with letting the rest of the team hurt them.. If Eide can score like she did last night on a consistent basis,it may start loosening up defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                        Our announcer calls Sunnorborg(sp) Sunny all the time. Explain to me the difference with the Nebraska announcers.
                        Don't like that either

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          Don't like that either
                          Don't understand...are you talking about our radio announcer, JJ? She goes by Sunny so I don't see the problem, that's what makes it personable, being that he spends a tremendous amount of time with them on the road it makes sence.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                            Don't understand...are you talking about our radio announcer, JJ? She goes by Sunny so I don't see the problem, that's what makes it personable, being that he spends a tremendous amount of time with them on the road it makes sence.
                            It doesn't seem professional to me. Call her Sunny all the time off the air, I don't care, but on the radio, you aren't their friends.

Comment

I beg to disagree; I have been doing broadcast work since 1984. I hold two degrees in communications journalism and radio/TV/film as well as a technical degree from Brown Institute in radio/TV broadcasting, which in its day was the premier broadcast school in the nation. One thing that is taught over and over in radio broadcast, as long as it is not reporting news events, is to make your listeners feel like your friends and you are having a conversation with them over coffee. We even suggested to young students (new talent) to put a picture of family or friends in front of them on the board and talk to them. The truth is you are everybody's friend while you’re on the air. TV is a different story in a way, but radio broadcast was the only form of entertainment for family’s years back and I will bet my bottom dollar that you can talk with some in the older, older generation and they will tell you some great stories and remember particularly voices that frequented their homes on a daily basis. I guess we can agree to disagree on this.

Comment

Here's my question:

What's the difference between 'AJ' and 'Sunny'?

Comment

Working...
                                X