• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WHAT WILL THE ATTENDANCE BE?

or 45 catch-em, remember that was his baseball and return basketball #

Comment

If (crossing my fingers) the game is sold out, is there any chance of TV coverage? With the state tourney's and all, I suppose the broadcasting community in SD may be a little short staffed, but it would be pretty cool to have this game on the tele.

Doesn't matter to me as I will be in attendance, but if its on TV it would be great exposure.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

6923....sounds like a good guess to me.

Comment

6789........I'm not sure if Frost can hold anymore in its current configuration.....

Comment

I'm thinking more like 4923. It might be difficult to get over 5000 with all the other sporting events going on throughout the state. I hope I'm way off.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
              I'm thinking more like 4923. It might be difficult to get over 5000 with all the other sporting events going on throughout the state. I hope I'm way off.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Terry V's blog says over 4,000 tickets have already been sold...wish I could be there.

Comment

I'll be there with my family of 5. I know several individuals from my hometown who haven't attended a game yet this year that will be there. Looking forward to a great game and a little fun afterward. If I can get in the door of any of the local establishments.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

With St. Patrick's Day being on Saturday, downtown Brookings will be insane and the game crowd may be livelier than usual.......Terry's blog stated that the capacity of Frost is about 6500 now.....

Comment

6500??? is there a reason it is that low? I thought it seated between 8,000-9,000 after they put the chairs in

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
                        6500??? is there a reason it is that low? I thought it seated between 8,000-9,000 after they put the chairs in
                        Because chairs take up more space than bleachers

Comment

Well I know that but I didn't know that much, they said current setup and I thought maybe some bleachers were taken out on the balcony or something

Comment

With a max of 6500 I will drop my projection by a bit and say 6422.

Joeboo... the top 5 rows or so of the upper deck end zone bleachers can't be pulled out anymore, plus they haven't pulled out one whole section of bleachers on the West side. There have been several reasons or thoughts floated here (I am not stating my sources so don't ask!) as to why. Mostly, it seems as though fire code is the major contributing factor.
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

To fans that want to sit all game..... Don't sit behind the bleachers of the student section (south side). If you want to sit go to the end bleachers or get reserved tickets. I sat above the student section for the NDSU game and really should have stood the whole game. Unfortunately other people in the area complained enough, I sat down. My view was then blocked by the students. I'm not sitting for this game, so if you want to enjoy the game from the south side, expect to stand. Sorry.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy
                                With a max of 6500 I will drop my projection by a bit and say 6422.

Joeboo... the top 5 rows or so of the upper deck end zone bleachers can't be pulled out anymore, plus they haven't pulled out one whole section of bleachers on the West side.  There have been several reasons or thoughts floated here (I am not stating my sources so don't ask!) as to why.  Mostly, it seems as though fire code is the major contributing factor.
                                It says there was 8489 at the sdsu usd game in 04.. It just seems odd that in 3 years they've lost nearly 2,000 seats. Even if the name plate is only 8,000 thats 1,500 seats that arn't being utilized.. Thats nearly the size of an average A hs gym. I think something is fishy because thats alot of bleachers there not pulling out... not just 5 rows and part of a section... I think if 8,500 people can fit into frost and that many want to watch it let them... I don't care much for fire marshals thats why god evented cash gifts.

Comment

Working...
                                X