• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cancun Challenge 2011

Was this a self-kerblastification?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
      Was it Purdue that handed it to us like this last year?
      Purdue was 33 pt loss,MTSU started out 0-19 run for them....do we need these games occuring every year?Just frustrated.

Comment

JackMD is there...he's not one to mince words. I wonder if he'll find an internet signal and give a report.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
          Was it Purdue that handed it to us like this last year?
          The major difference was that Purdue was a fairly highly regarded team,plus it was on their home floor.

Comment

Post game with AJ:
            "Yeah, 4 points at halftime, that's a hole" (responding to JJ's comment that Sunnarborg said we just dug ourselves into a hole).
            Thought our team just laid an egg, particularly our first group out there. Cincinnati not as tough as some of prior opponents (WSU)
            We held them to 55 but you can't win games the way we played offensively.
            Second group had no trouble beating the press, getting a look...

Editorial comment: AJ was trying to find some positives.

For tomorrow: Marist plays more like Oakland in our league: post players that shoot, shoot 3 well, pack defense. It's a style we're a little more familiar with. In the locker told them don't let this bad, terrible loss turn into two. We have to bounce back, need our top players back playing like top players.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Post game with AJ:
              "Yeah, 4 points at halftime, that's a hole" (responding to JJ's comment that Sunnarborg said we just dug ourselves into a hole).
              Thought our team just laid an egg, particularly our first group out there. Cincinnati not as tough as some of prior opponents (WSU)
              We held them to 55 but you can't win games the way we played offensively.
              Second group had no trouble beating the press, getting a look...

Editorial comment: AJ was trying to find some positives.

For tomorrow: Marist plays more like Oakland in our league: post players that shoot, shoot 3 well, pack defense. It's a style we're a little more familiar with. In the locker told them don't let this bad, terrible loss turn into two. We have to bounce back, need our top players back playing like top players.
              I agree with all that, but it'd be nice if they played with a chip on their shoulder(dominating the boards and playing extremely hard,but under control on offense,smart), and completely destroy Marist,but I'll be happy, i suppose, if they can win, even by one point.

Comment

No use crying over spilled milk,tomorrows a new day and a whole new game,got to be positive it will also be a different result.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  No use crying over spilled milk,tomorrows a new day and a whole new game,got to be positive it will also be a different result.
                  I agree and what other way to pick ourselves off the floor:

Its Honey Badger time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Comment

Holy smoke.

Couldn't believe it when I jumped on here to read through the game thread.

That game deserves a big ole norwegian UFFDA.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

this was like the third lowest point total for the Jacks since they started basketball in the late sixties

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        this was like the third lowest point total for the Jacks since they started basketball in the late sixties
                        WEll I guess the good news is there really is no where to go but up. would be hard to repeat a performance like that again.

I think this team is lacking that go to player/game changer like we have had before. A Vogel or Warkenthin. A bunch of role players with no true PG could make for a long season if they dont correct the problems. Good news is the talent should be there that we should get better as the year goes on.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
                          I'm sure the ladies are totally embarrassed.
                          I would certainly hope so. That's brutal...like an effort the men would have turned in a couple of years back. I think the men shot 17 percent for a game once. It might have been just last year. You should hit 25 percent by accident. Stunningly bad and just plain stunning.
                          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

No doubt it was an all around bad night for the Jacks. But, it does only count as one loss. If a game like this starts a downward spiral, which it could, then it could create a hole tough to get out of. A bounce back win today against a very good Marist team will help smooth the edges from the Cincy game (a bit). Either way it is still very early in the season. Need to be at our best later in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
                              I'm sure the ladies are totally embarrassed.

I hope they are p$ssed off and come out hotter than heck tonight.

Comment

AJ tweeted it was a rough game for the team and its on them to get better

Comment

Working...
                                X