Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gdt - mtsu

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    And Penn St lost to Deleware last night so they probably wont be the #11 team anymore. I see the Jack women did receive 3 votes in this weeks poll.
    I think we just lost those three votes by losing to MT,we won't get any votes until we start making noise by winning the high profile games remaining on our schedule,that's how that works, you have to impress the people voting.Having said that, I'm not too worried about this team yet.It was one bad game and we hung in there anyway against a really good team.I'm hoping they'll come around, like they always do.

Comment

I do believe that having a lot of turnovers,while not the ideal situation,is not the end of the world scenario as long as we force them into committing just as many or more.Such was the case against MTSU.That's likely to happen when both teams are playing all out on defense.

Comment

Yes, it's really should be the margin on the TO, or the conversion of TO into points before having 25 TO is an issue. Likewise, MTSU had 25 TO, so the margin is 0. Only thing I can't decipher out of the box score is how many of the TO did MTSU convert into FG, vs how many TO's did SDSU convert into FG?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          Yes, it's really should be the margin on the TO, or the conversion of TO into points before having 25 TO is an issue. Likewise, MTSU had 25 TO, so the margin is 0. Only thing I can't decipher out of the box score is how many of the TO did MTSU convert into FG, vs how many TO's did SDSU convert into FG?
          We had a hard time scoring,so, in a sense,any turnover may hurt us more,it certainly kills a sense of gaining any type of momentum,and it tires you out having to go back to playing intense defense again.Best to avoid turnovers, but when the game is played this intensely , it's understandable they happen more than a game with much less intensity.We got more shots off than MTSU,we were 17-48,they were 18 of 43.We wasted much of that +5 advantage by shooting .083 % from 3 pt land.This was very evenly played game in stats except we shot poorly and were out rebounded,although we did a good job with offensive rebounds.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-19-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

You can still win with high amount of TO's as James Madison just did against MTSU.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/womens-...d=201111200282

Also of note:Ann Boese of IPFW made 8-9 three point shots.....wow

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              You can still win with high amount of TO's as James Madison just did against MTSU.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/womens-...d=201111200282

Also of note:Ann Boese of IPFW made 8-9 three point shots.....wow
              The big difference: shooting percentage

Comment

Working...
              X