Exhibition: MN State Moorhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exhibition: MN State Moorhead

Sunny was shootin' off the palm of her hand a lot. Moreso pushing the ball rather than shooting with the follow through. Just something my mom and I noticed at the game yesterday.
    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

I wish I could watch these games, sounds like we have depth, even more then we have the last few years. Score is about what I would expect. The only thing that I could take away as a problem, is they shot 50% on 3ptrs and we only out rebounded them by 1. Other wise It looked like every one got some minutes and that is great, we can use are depth like we use to and hopefully run the other team right out of the gym. Considering how worn out ORU got last summit tourny against Oakland, that depth and length will only help us to compete with the other top teams. Wish I could watch both the games this week to see how they look. Hope the men just destroy SMSU.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
        I have to echo the thoughts of the others. Really an impressive start to the season.

My thoughts:

1. Sunnarborg and Young both look ready to go and seem to really be the leaders (as they should be) and played very well.
        2. The team is long, strong, athletic, and deep.
        3. Really like how Eide, Paluch, and Heiser were aggressive on offense. No hesitation to shoot. Was worried going in that everyone would pass it around and wait for Jill and Sunny to get shots.
        4. Lingle looked good and got a lot of good shots off but nothing fell for her last night.
        5. The three true freshmen all looked great. Stuart and Walters looked very comfortable and are ready to shoot it. Walters has a very quick shot. Stuart had some really nice moves around the basket that usually take more time to develop. She is ready to cotnribute in a big way right now just as AJ has indicated,
        6. Waytashek and Boever still looked to be hampered a bit by the knees but they both had good minutes and played hard. It will be interesting to see how they progress.
        7. The team really played well together and seem to be having fun. They seem to enjoy each other and really communicated well.

That's a lot out of an exhibition game but it really was impressive. If we can get offensive production out of Eide, Heiser, and Palluch this will be a very tough team to beat. Turnovers have been an issue in the past but with their aggressive style of play they are unavoidable to an extent. If they can be controlled without being conservative then lookout.

A REALLY FUN TEAM TO WATCH! Looking forward to seeing the men get going!

SUPERBUNNY

If Waytashek really isn't really 100% from her knee injury, would it be in the team's best interest to redshirt her given all of the depth we have?

Comment

I think she was moving okay until about the last minute or so of the first half and she kind of either tweeked her knee or her ankle. any way in the second she had a slight limp when she was running.

Comment

I don't think you care redshirt after taking a medical redshirt your first year. If that is not the case, than Boever would also need to redshirt.

Stuart showed she is one tough gal. Walters just was looking to shoot and she has some range, the gals on th bench went crazy when she started launching. I would say that we are only getting better. really you can also add Boever and Waytashek to this past recruiting class, it might be the best ever. From the mouth of a former player who ran with the gals last week. " When did I get short, I have never been short, but these gals are just huge and long." A former player from Yankton.

I think this team really gets along and that is always the most important thing. Heiser is the Megal Vogel of this team, she is just strong and looks really determined. I am way higher on this team than most in the past and look what they did. Jack1 has it right when we should just hold our tongues for a couple of weeks and see where we go from here.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
              I don't think you care redshirt after taking a medical redshirt your first year. If that is not the case, than Boever would also need to redshirt.

Stuart showed she is one tough gal. Walters just was looking to shoot and she has some range, the gals on th bench went crazy when she started launching. I would say that we are only getting better. really you can also add Boever and Waytashek to this past recruiting class, it might be the best ever. From the mouth of a former player who ran with the gals last week. " When did I get short, I have never been short, but these gals are just huge and long." A former player from Yankton.

I think this team really gets along and that is always the most important thing. Heiser is the Megal Vogel of this team, she is just strong and looks really determined. I am way higher on this team than most in the past and look what they did. Jack1 has it right when we should just hold our tongues for a couple of weeks and see where we go from here.
              I believe Boever took a "normal" red shirt year last season. You have to make a special application to get a medical red shirt,and I don't think that was done.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                Agree with everything you said especially this. I know there are a couple of women who have been at SDSU longer but the Jackrabbits best chance to win is with Heiser on the floor. I hope she can prove that to AJ early this season, that is what exhibition games are for.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Agree with everything you said especially this. I know there are a couple of women who have been at SDSU longer but the Jackrabbits best chance to win is with Heiser on the floor. I hope she can prove that to AJ early this season, that is what exhibition games are for.
                  agreed. I think we have a great team so we'll see how Saturday goes agains Southwest Minnesota State.
                  ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                    agreed. I think we have a great team so we'll see how Saturday goes agains Southwest Minnesota State.
                    Assume you meant Thursday, Madi. Will be a fun evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      Assume you meant Thursday, Madi. Will be a fun evening.
                      Yeah ha sorry! Dakota Weslyan plays Saturday and I was thinking of them cuz I will be at that game. But yeah I did
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        I wish I could watch these games, sounds like we have depth, even more then we have the last few years. Score is about what I would expect. The only thing that I could take away as a problem, is they shot 50% on 3ptrs and we only out rebounded them by 1. Other wise It looked like every one got some minutes and that is great, we can use are depth like we use to and hopefully run the other team right out of the gym. Considering how worn out ORU got last summit tourny against Oakland, that depth and length will only help us to compete with the other top teams. Wish I could watch both the games this week to see how they look. Hope the men just destroy SMSU.
                        The men play MSU-Moorhead on Thursday - the women play SMSU.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          The men play MSU-Moorhead on Thursday - the women play SMSU.
                          Destroy them too.

My mistake.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

. Like we won't? :P haha jkjk
                            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                            X