Exhibition: MN State Moorhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhibition: MN State Moorhead

First game, an exhibition one, is tomorrow, Sunday October 30, against Minnesota State- Moorhead.

Re: Exhibition: MN State Moorhead

Guess what?....It's officially basketball season!
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Jacks win

Comment

The team looked good.Exciting new players,crafty old veterans....once they get used to playing with each other in regular games this year, they could be very, very good.

Comment

I don't know if I could be any more impressed with an exhibition win than I was today. This team is BIG, long, athletic and DEEP! They have an entirely different feel from last years team. I'll hold my tongue a little bit, but I can't wait for the real season to start!
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Was at the game. I was impressed with the freshmen. Walters, Clarin, and Stuart are strong, athletic, can get up and down the floor, and exhibited a good degree of confidence on offense and defense. Paluch, Eide and Young seemed very comfortable working together. Heiser can really hustle on defense. Moorhead's team was a touch below the Summit League, and our team exerted their authority early on. It was a good exhibition game....

Comment

Originally posted by BKXD View Post
              Was at the game. I was impressed with the freshmen. Walters, Clarin, and Stuart are strong, athletic, can get up and down the floor, and exhibited a good degree of confidence on offense and defense. Paluch, Eide and Young seemed very comfortable working together. Heiser can really hustle on defense. Moorhead's team was a touch below the Summit League, and our team exerted their authority early on. It was a good exhibition game....
              Agree 100%. Moorhead was right around .500 last year, so it isn't like we were playing a dumpster fire. Heiser is also a tremendous passer...she does so many things fundamentally well that it's gonna be hard to keep her off the floor.

Comment

The women looked solid. My only two worries: Waytashek and Boever are both still slowed by their knee injuries.

The true freshmen all looked great. Walters can shoot it. Stuart looked very athletic. Clarin looked a little nervous, but you can see she's also very skilled. You can see that all three are going to contribute a lot right away.

It was nice to see Ashley Eide scoring again. She had a tough sophomore year, but they need her to be a scorer.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  Agree 100%. Moorhead was right around .500 last year, so it isn't like we were playing a dumpster fire. Heiser is also a tremendous passer...she does so many things fundamentally well that it's gonna be hard to keep her off the floor.
                  She will only get better. SDSU will have the best chance to win if Heiser sees maximum minutes.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    The women looked solid. My only two worries: Waytashek and Boever are both still slowed by their knee injuries.

The true freshmen all looked great. Walters can shoot it. Stuart looked very athletic. Clarin looked a little nervous, but you can see she's also very skilled. You can see that all three are going to contribute a lot right away.

It was nice to see Ashley Eide scoring again. She had a tough sophomore year, but they need her to be a scorer.
                    About Eide,against Xavier last season,she was our leading scorer i believe.I always look at how players react to playing against the really tough teams,those with the much higher recruited athletes,and see if they can play at the higher level (not always higher level though,hence upsets)Eide shone bright and really showed how competative she really is.

Comment

I have to echo the thoughts of the others. Really an impressive start to the season.

My thoughts:

1. Sunnarborg and Young both look ready to go and seem to really be the leaders (as they should be) and played very well.
                      2. The team is long, strong, athletic, and deep.
                      3. Really like how Eide, Paluch, and Heiser were aggressive on offense. No hesitation to shoot. Was worried going in that everyone would pass it around and wait for Jill and Sunny to get shots.
                      4. Lingle looked good and got a lot of good shots off but nothing fell for her last night.
                      5. The three true freshmen all looked great. Stuart and Walters looked very comfortable and are ready to shoot it. Walters has a very quick shot. Stuart had some really nice moves around the basket that usually take more time to develop. She is ready to cotnribute in a big way right now just as AJ has indicated,
                      6. Waytashek and Boever still looked to be hampered a bit by the knees but they both had good minutes and played hard. It will be interesting to see how they progress.
                      7. The team really played well together and seem to be having fun. They seem to enjoy each other and really communicated well.

That's a lot out of an exhibition game but it really was impressive. If we can get offensive production out of Eide, Heiser, and Palluch this will be a very tough team to beat. Turnovers have been an issue in the past but with their aggressive style of play they are unavoidable to an extent. If they can be controlled without being conservative then lookout.

A REALLY FUN TEAM TO WATCH! Looking forward to seeing the men get going!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Walters looked awesome. I was glad I watched her. Young is hurrying her shots and thats part of why she missed some of them. Sunnarborg MISSED a lot but also MADE a lot. Think if she would have made them all, she would have had over 30 points. SHe and Jill led with 17 and 14
                        Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                        ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Agreed with everyone here. The freshman class looked great - a bit nervous but that is to be expected. Walters certainly wasn't afraid to shoot which is great to see from a freshman. Clarin and Stuart are big and get up and down the floor really well. Stuart even showed a good ability to bring the ball up the floor despite her size. Thinking about how good all 3 of them are gonig to be in 4 years is what excites me the most.

The rest of the team looked good as well. Obviously we could have been more sharp but not bad for exhibition game #1. Paluch and Heiser looked more comfortable out there but the competitive level isn't wasn't near what we'll see during the regular season.

Looking forward to both games on Thursday night!

Comment

Glad the reports are good. Playing an exhibition game against an average DII school won't tell us a whole bunch, but will show glimpses of things that "could" be down the road this season.

Comment

Mariah Clarin definitely had first game jitters and everyone should have been able to tell, but that's expected of everyone.
                              Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                              ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                              X