Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ipfw gdt

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    While watching Wayne today, my wife and I had a few laughs about the coach. Now, he's probably a fine fellow. He seemed gracious in defeat today. He's brought that program forward so that it's a real competitor and one that can challenge any team in the conference.

That being said, we had this debate: Gomer Pyle or his cousin, Goober. We pondered. We studied. We debated. We concluded: Gomer.

Coach Gomer Pyle. (I know, he may more closely resemble Deputy Barney Phyffe but we thought Gomer was best.)

Added later: Aw, geez...just watched the post game press conference and nowI feel badly for making a jerky comment. The coach was a classy guy and two of the IPFW athletes are obviously pretty down about the loss...they played their hearts out and really clawed back to nearly win the game. He still calls us "South". Okay, Wayne. Gomer.
    but he did say South Dakota State once

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
      the Oral Roberts Presser is here... if you want to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSummi.../3/MYC4hof8o_g

Thought Fink was ok. Every time he caught himself slipping into complaining about injuries he tried to pull back.. Said Something about Kevi may not play in the WNIT because of an injury? Not sure what that would be or if it happened today? anybody know? A lot less emotion than losing last year.
      Looper went down after getting fouled midway in the second half and favored a leg after that - it didn't look serious enough that a week's rest wouldn't cure.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
        okay, I just watched the presser with Coach Paul after the game on the argus site. As much as he was a little weasel after the game at Fort Wayne tonight he was a different person, very complimentary of the Jacks and very humble. Said Macie and Kristen did what seniors are supposed to do, lead. Said he would rather lose in front of 5000 Jackrabbit fans than win or lose in front of a 100. Said the atmosphere was great and the loudest noise is no noise and thats what they wanted to do silence the crowd. He gained just a little respect from me tonight. Watch the video.
        Even the post game press conference that had everyone's panties in a bunch wasn't that big of a deal. A few folks took exception to a passionate coach trying to build up his players.

Coach Paul has taken a program that really hadn't done anything in it's history to it's first conference win team history and almost knocked off the 2-time tourney champ on their "home" floor. He has the program going in the right direction and I, for one, am excited to see another team working it's way up to being very good.

Nice effort by IPFW but they aren't there yet.

Now, onto Oakland. Lets hope that they left all their hot shooting on the floor yesterday.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Even the post game press conference that had everyone's panties in a bunch wasn't that big of a deal. A few folks took exception to a passionate coach trying to build up his players.

Coach Paul has taken a program that really hadn't done anything in it's history to it's first conference win team history and almost knocked off the 2-time tourney champ on their "home" floor. He has the program going in the right direction and I, for one, am excited to see another team working it's way up to being very good.

Nice effort by IPFW but they aren't there yet.

Now, onto Oakland. Lets hope that they left all their hot shooting on the floor yesterday.
          it is more fun to beat a team when there is some reason to dislike them or think of them as a rival...

Comment

IowaJack sent me this interesting tidbit...

The head offical for this game was
            http://www.wnba.com/features/crewchi...enterline.html

I believe he also was in charge of the championship game last year.

IMO he's the worst I've seen. He must have WNBA rules in his head when he calls college games. if you were there you know just how brutal that game was.

And the answer to the million dollar question:

His home town is none other than Fort Wayne Indiana.. No joke

Comment

Was Paluch the only player that didn't get into the game????
              When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Working...
              X