Bracketology; The Big Dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology; The Big Dance

I wouldn't have a problem playing Ohio State, but not on their home floor. I would rather play at a neutral site if possible.

If we do play them, can we call ourselves "The" South Dakota State University.???

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
      Today, Creme has #14 SDSU playing #3 Ohio State in Columbus.
      Given our past history of draws, this sounds about right.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

SDSU just has to hope that they aren't playing on someone's home floor. That's the part about playing Ohio State in Columbus that is worrisome.

Comment

columbus ohio works for me, only a five hour drive.

Comment

Considering where this team was just 13 games ago, I will take whatever seed/location they give us!
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I think it has to be said:

HONEY BADGER!

"Honey badger don't care, she just takes what she wants . . . "
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Watching ESPN2 just now. They are running an ad for the Women's NCAA selection show. Near the end of the ad is a shot of Frost Arena during the selection show while the announcer is saying "but for many its the thrill of getting in". Very cool! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by BKXD View Post
                  Watching ESPN2 just now. They are running an ad for the Women's NCAA selection show. Near the end of the ad is a shot of Frost Arena during the selection show while the announcer is saying "but for many its the thrill of getting in". Very cool! Go Jacks!
                  Yes, but we've actually won a game . . . the thrill for us isn't just getting there any more, it's getting there and then making some noise . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Charlie now has the ladies as a 13 seed playing GREEN BAY a 4 seed in Salt Lake City

Comment

Originally posted by g_mandakota View Post
                      Charlie now has the ladies as a 13 seed playing GREEN BAY a 4 seed in Salt Lake City
                      That would be a nice situation for the Jacks. It would mean not playing on someone's home court, getting to play another mid-major, and there would be at least one side story to this game wouldn't there?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        Unthinkable....#16 vs #1...UConn,Tenn,Baylor or Stanford
                        NCAA history is up for grabs again this year.....help me out on this, but is it the #16 seed or the #15 seeded team that has never ever in the history of the Tournament won their first round game?( should start writing these little tidbits down I guess)
                        I believe I watched a story where #1 Stanford lost 16 Harvard in 1998 on the women's side. The only 1 seed to ever lose in either tournament. I know the 2 seed has lost a couple times to a 15 in the men's.
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by g_mandakota View Post
                          Did Graham Hayes just have a wet dream?
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                            I believe I watched a story where #1 Stanford lost 16 Harvard in 1998 on the women's side. The only 1 seed to ever lose in either tournament. I know the 2 seed has lost a couple times to a 15 in the men's.
                            Ah-ha,persistence pays off, it's the # 15 and # 14 seeds that have never won a first rd game in the womens tournament.The #2 seed is 68-0 vs the # 15 seed,and the #3 seed is 68-0 vs the #14 seed.(since the tournament adopted the 64 team format)
                            Here's the link

Comment

Bumped back down to 14 vs Ohio St. at Columbus.

TCU knocked out as Utah, with a losing record out of MWC gets the MWC auto-bid. Utah takes Jacks spot in Salt Lake City.

Comment

I realize that there needs to be home sites, if possible, for the women's tournament. But I really hope we get a neutral site.

Comment

Working...
                                X