Bracketology; The Big Dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracketology; The Big Dance

Charlie Creme has ORU as the 14th seed in the Dallas regional. First two games are in Spokane.

Looks to me he is about 2 weeks behind developments in the Summit League! Time for our women to continue the streak!

Go Jacks!!

Re: Bracketology; The Big Dance

SDSU's RPI just got a bit better:

K-State women upset No. 5 Texas A&M

If only we could have pulled that one out--another winnable early season game that got away. Assuming that they took the time to think about it (which I hope they don't at this point), the ladies have to be kicking themselves . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wonder where we will end up. Salt Lake, Waco, Albuquerque(sp),. It dont matter, were in.

Comment

So, a quick once over Charlie Creme's bracketology and I think a 14 seed is attainable depending on how the other conference tournaments go. This is just his bracketology crossed with RPI from Sagarin. SDSU RPI not counting today's victory yet is 115

16 seeds and RPI and record
        Cal Poly 157 16-11
        Boston U 197 17-13
        Setson 224 20-12
        Southern 258 18-10

15 Seeds
        Hampton 94 23-6
        Portland St 135 19-10
        McNeese 178 23-6
        Navy 187 18-11

14 Seeds
        SDSU 115 19-13
        Liberty 122 20-9
        UT Martin 138 21-10
        St. Francis 149 20-11

So Hampton should maybe be higher according to RPI but the Jacks shouldn't necessarily be any lower then 14. The committee owes us a favor after the last two years.

After 14 it becomes quite a jump in RPI

13 seeds
        UNI 43 24-5
        Princeton 55 23-4
        Toledo 71 22-7
        Samford 103 25-7

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
          Wonder where we will end up. Salt Lake, Waco, Albuquerque(sp),. It dont matter, were in.
          The NCAA doesn't have a history of doing us any favors. Was it last year that there were sub-regions in Minneapolis and Ames and they sent us to Oklahoma ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            The NCAA doesn't have a history of doing us any favors. Was it last year that there were sub-regions in Minneapolis and Ames and they sent us to Oklahoma ?
            What does earn you credit is 8 in a row and 11 out of 12 wins to end the season. Also, by now, there might just be a smidgen of name recognition starting to seep in with some of the committee, which might possibly make a difference if we're on the bubble with some other team that hasn't "been there."

Still, anything better than a 15 seed is probably quite a bit more than we can reasonably hope for. The good news is I don't think we'll get fed to UConn in the first round.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

"And one of the things that we do look at is the last 12 games. That's an important factor to weigh. We want to find the teams that are playing the best at the end of the season."

-Marilyn McNeil
              DI women's basketball committee chair
              http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...marilyn-mcneil

Comment

Also, if things stay the way they are listed right now, a first round win would put SDSU against the (6)Oklahoma vs. (11)Michigan winner.

I'm sure stuff will change by then though.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...l/bracketology
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Today, Creme has #14 SDSU playing #3 Ohio State in Columbus.

Uh-oh.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...l/bracketology

Comment

A #14 against Miami(I'm guessing UMiami, not Miami(OHIO)) in Shreveport looks like the best matchup for SDSU, IMO.

I won't be driving to Shreveport though. Sorry Ladies.

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                      A #14 against Miami(I'm guessing UMiami, not Miami(OHIO)) in Shreveport looks like the best matchup for SDSU, IMO.

I won't be driving to Shreveport though. Sorry Ladies.

Go Jacks!!
                      If NCAA sends Jacks to Shreveport, I'll be there for the first round for sure!

Playing at the Wichita site looks doggone fine. Hope they go there. Don't want to go to Columbus, OH for an OSU home court match up.

Comment

Ohio States better than playing ND like before...we don't do well against real quick athletic teams like ND.Watched ND vs UConn a little after we won our tournament,ND gave UConn all they wanted.Ohio State is really playing well now,for a while really stuggled, got thier act together at just the right time.They remind me of another team that went through that too!
                        Sam Prahalis would be fun to watch,good talent,but she's supposed to be a real brat who whines a lot to ref's about calls that go against her.

Anyway,just hope we play well,maybe even upset someone.In the past,Ohio States been known to under achieve once they've got to the dance.......hYmmm?Who knows!In all honesty,I don't think Charlie will correctly pick who we're actually going to be paired up with come Mon.

Comment

As Charlies got it ,if we get seeded at #14 playing # 3,depending on what regional sight we get put in , we could play ND,Miami (Fla), Ohio State, or DePaul.

You'd think they'd get us a little closer to home one of these years.Does the NCAA pay traveling expenses?Seems like when we went down to Waco,they chartered a plane for us?

If we're seeded # 15 and play # 2 seeds, it's Xavier,UCLA,Texas A&M or Duke.

Unthinkable....#16 vs #1...UConn,Tenn,Baylor or Stanford
                          NCAA history is up for grabs again this year.....help me out on this, but is it the #16 seed or the #15 seeded team that has never ever in the history of the Tournament won their first round game?( should start writing these little tidbits down I guess)

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            Seems like when we went down to Waco,they chartered a plane for us?
                            Lubbock

Comment

Lubbock Texas,home to Texas Tech University....thanks for the correction.

Comment

Working...
                              X