Oru gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oru gdt

Actually Sunnaborg seemed to spend a fair amount of time on the bench after two quick fouls in 1st half, then about an 8 min stretch in 2nd after picking up her 4th foul. Seems that Katie stepped up her game, and even added a right hook shot to her shot select. I hope that was a breakout type game for Katie. She did well mixing it up in the post, both offensively and defensively.

Was REALLY surprised that no video feed was available for the game. The upside was hearing Tyler's call of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      Was REALLY surprised that no video feed was available for the game. The upside was hearing Tyler's call of the game.
      Tyler does a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Did not see the game,but the way the box score looks,Lingle and Sunnarborg must have played together quite a bit. Once they get used to working together,that could create match-up problems for a lot of teams. It would probably slow down our style of play a little,but playing fast hasn't worked that well this year anyway.
        Maybe this should be in "recruiting thread" but next year with Sunnarborg and Lingle both back it should be a very good year.It's year two from now that worries me, as the cupboards getting a little bare for good post players.You shouldn't expect a senior and freshman combo to work as well as a senior/junior combination.Case in point,Lingle's developed tremendously from her "learning" freshman year.We need to recruit a new post player along the lines of Sunnarborg and Lingle this year I would think.To play against the top competition, a team needs good post play.JMO

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          Maybe this should be in "recruiting thread" but next year with Sunnarborg and Lingle both back it should be a very good year.It's year two from now that worries me, as the cupboards getting a little bare for good post players.You shouldn't expect a senior and freshman combo to work as well as a senior/junior combination.Case in point,Lingle's developed tremendously from her "learning" freshman year.We need to recruit a new post player along the lines of Sunnarborg and Lingle this year I would think.To play against the top competition, a team needs good post play.JMO
          I think Dietel was/is supposed to be the post presence of the future, correct? I guess she'd be be a senior two years from now but she's was supposed to be one of the higher touted if not the touted player of her class, but has been nagged by injuries so far in her 2 years.

Either way, hopefully she can shake the injury bug her last two years and contribute significantly.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            I think Dietel was/is supposed to be the post presence of the future, correct? I guess she'd be be a senior two years from now but she's was supposed to be one of the higher touted if not the touted player of her class, but has been nagged by injuries so far in her 2 years.

Either way, hopefully she can shake the injury bug her last two years and contribute significantly.
            I've been impressed with what Hannah Strop has brought to the table with the limited minutes she gets. She has more enthusiasm than most,and brings the three point threat along with the rebounding and inside game.

Comment

Next year (2011-2012)
              Strop, Sunnarborg, Dietel, Lingle
              Stuart and Clarin I believe are posts

In 2 years (2012-2013)
              Stuart, Clarin, Strop, Dietel, Lingle
              Do we have any commits for this group yet?

I'd say we're sitting ok in the post over the next two years.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                I've been impressed with what Hannah Strop has brought to the table with the limited minutes she gets. She has more enthusiasm than most,and brings the three point threat along with the rebounding and inside game.
                I thought of Strop as well, and almost mentioned her, but I couldn't remember if she was a post or not, so I didn't.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Ball handling, defense, and a playmaker is what's most important for them right now. Mostly a point guard, but I think we all know that.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                    Next year (2011-2012)
                    Strop, Sunnarborg, Dietel, Lingle
                    Stuart and Clarin I believe are posts

In 2 years (2012-2013)
                    Stuart, Clarin, Strop, Dietel, Lingle
                    Do we have any commits for this group yet?

I'd say we're sitting ok in the post over the next two years.
                    We have a verbal commitment from Rachel Waters (Sioux Falls, SD - Washington) and I'm pretty sure she's a 2012 recruit.

Comment

Isn't Walters more of a wing?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Every time I've seen clips of her on television,she's making a three.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            Ball handling, defense, and a playmaker is what's most important for them right now. Mostly a point guard, but I think we all know that.
                            Another Andrea Verdegan would be nice,bringing up a name from the past.Maybe our current gaurds can further develop into great gaurds also,they are young yet.Looking at the hamburger joints list of All-Americans,a good portion of the gaurds listed are 5'10" to 6'0" tall.If they are good ball handlers, the added height is a distinct advantage.
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-12-2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X