Oru gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oru gdt

85-78 is your final. Oru stays undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      In sioux falls this game will play out differently... if we can get there...
      It sure did last year! Don't lose hope Jackrabbit faithful...this could have turned into a grease fire tonight, but it didn't! The walking wounded went into the Mabee Center and gave ORU all they wanted. I'm starting to become cautiously optimistic about this team
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Five to play? Wishing tonights team is the one that will represent us the rest of the way. I'll not look back! (No whining!)

Go Jacks!

Comment

It's looking more likely that it will be the Jacks vs Bison in the 4-5 game in the tournament. We would almost have to win out,or at least win 4 of 5 to move up to a 2 or 3 seed. Winning the 2 remaining home games would probably insure not dropping to less than the 5 seed.

Comment

We battled which is all you can ask. How many turnover tonight?

Comment

We did battle. AJ said we played really well and against most teams on the road we would have won. To answer your question, we had 23 turnovers tonight.
              Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Looking at the stat line it's hard to believe that we lost. We shot 45% from the field, shot 54% from behind the arch (making 14-3s), 75% from the FT line and out rebounded ORU 35 to 28.
                Other then turnovers, AJ said they just made a few more plays then we did.
                Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

The women are really playing well for how banged up we are.The refs were willing to give the aggressor going to the basket the foul tonight i thought, when we were down two late in the game, i thought we should have been a little more aggressive going to the hoop.That was ORU's strategy it seemed like at the end.
                  You can not ask for any more of Kristin and Jill ,they stepped up to the plate tonight.Lingle's really preforming well.If Macie was in last years form we would have definately won this game,or if Sunnarborg had her usual game.
                  All in all, a good game and everyone showing some true grit and toughness.This game is what we needed to show ORU it's not going to be a cake walk for them,if they want to go dancing, they're going to have to earn it.

Comment

Last night, and I was thinking this as I listened to the game on the radio,we did everything we could possibly do to win last night.Three point shooting was phenomenal,women played hard , out rebounded by about the same margin as ORU had in turnovers.
                    The only thing is, we don't have that player , in tight games, who can create points by driving in and making the shot, or drawing the foul, and winning it at the free throw line.I'd like to see Rotert, Paluch,Hieser,Eide,Dietel, Strop , or anyone else develop into that kind of player.
                    ORU won last night because they've got that player in Luper(we've got to get a hand in her face on that 12-16 foot jumper,but don't touch her.... heaven forbid), mainly,to some extent Bigham too.We can't expect to shoot 14-26 (53%) from three point land everytime out, and if we do,it should translate into a win one would think.The last four minutes of a tight game, everything becomes magnified,to's,missed shots,etc are more costly to the outcome of the game at this point.This is the time for the leaders to respond,to calm down the others and make the plays.We learn to play the last four minutes the way we played the other 36,and this team will have to be reckoned with.
                    Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of the way they played last night, but it'd be nice to shake that monkey off our back in closing out tight games.Sometimes it can just be a little extra effort like Ketty showed in the Gonzaga game at the start of last year, where she lunged at a pass to deflect it to our best free throw shooter Jill who made both to put us ahead to win the game.Maybe in Sioux Falls.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-08-2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      The women are really playing well for how banged up we are.The refs were willing to give the aggressor going to the basket the foul tonight i thought, when we were down two late in the game, i thought we should have been a little more aggressive going to the hoop.That was ORU's strategy it seemed like at the end.
                      You can not ask for any more of Kristin and Jill ,they stepped up to the plate tonight.Lingle's really preforming well.If Macie was in last years form we would have definately won this game,or if Sunnarborg had her usual game.
                      All in all, a good game and everyone showing some true grit and toughness.This game is what we needed to show ORU it's not going to be a cake walk for them,if they want to go dancing, they're going to have to earn it.
                      But.......in order for this team to be successful they can't have 2-3 girls on the floor playing well. They need all 5 on the floor playing well at the same time.
                      When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
                        But.......in order for this team to be successful they can't have 2-3 girls on the floor playing well. They need all 5 on the floor playing well at the same time.
                        Yes, that's my take too,after Jill,Kristin,and Lingle, point production dropped way off,easier for teams to make the adjustments on the hot players and shut them down,when that happens(and it will)others have to take up the slack.

Comment

Rotert seemed to be coming out of her slump from behind the arc. If she gets her shooting confidence back to where she was last year then we are an entirely different team. Teams were letting her shoot the three earlier and guarded against her going to the hoop. Her as a major threat opens up a lot for everyone else on the floor. I love how she has gotten aggressive on the glass.

What is the rundown on the injuries? Are we likely to be healthy come turnament time? Waytashek is out but she is the only one right?

The team is starting to show some fire. Yeah, turnovers were still up there against ORU but they do that to everyone with their two really good guards.

Looking forward to this weekend, the trip to Fargo, and the tournament in Sioux Falls!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            Yes, that's my take too,after Jill,Kristin,and Lingle, point production dropped way off,easier for teams to make the adjustments on the hot players and shut them down,when that happens(and it will)others have to take up the slack.
                            Sunnaborg was down a bit last night but she has been a very consistent performer all year. There is enough offensive firepower on this team but the team isn't as deep as in the past. I've been waiting for one of the other players to break out and become a consistent scorer but it hasn't happened yet. Lingle has been a very pleasant surprise. She's a force on D but the offense is coming a long. Those long arms create problems for the opponent.

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Did not see the game,but the way the box score looks,Lingle and Sunnarborg must have played together quite a bit. Once they get used to working together,that could create match-up problems for a lot of teams. It would probably slow down our style of play a little,but playing fast hasn't worked that well this year anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Did not see the game,but the way the box score looks,Lingle and Sunnarborg must have played together quite a bit. Once they get used to working together,that could create match-up problems for a lot of teams. It would probably slow down our style of play a little,but playing fast hasn't worked that well this year anyway.
                                Yes, once every one gets on the same page, young and rotert shooting out side, both lingle and sunny inside. playing in SF we win this game against ORU in my opinon. Macie getting back to running the point, even thought the depth is gone for now. the team might just be able to gel just at the right time.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X