Umkc gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Umkc gdt

Rotert needs to get more aggressive in the offense - not going to get it done against good teams with her only scoring one point and taking a couple shots per half

Comment

oru wins 80-72 in double overtime

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I agree the officials have certainly injected themselves into the game early and often. Almost glad I'm not there. Officials need to do a better job of allowing these games to flow. There is basically a foul every possession. Frustrating and ugly, exactly what you don't want. A game like this needs to be flagged for review by the league office. This is flat out ridiculous. The officials have to be incompetent.
        Yes, Zebras need to swallow whistles. Lots of touch fouls.

Before the calls started going more against Jacks, this team tonite reminded me of last two years. Over 40 at half, and opponent under 20.

Comment

Nice half. Keep it up ladies!

WBB refs in the Summit are horrible.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

To start the 2nd half we are playing the exact opposite as we did in the 1st half. Only up 47-37.

Comment

Jacks looked like the past teams early but now looking like the Jacks we dont want to see.

Comment

Jacks need to build the lead in the first ten minutes cause the refs are gonna hit them with the fouls in the last ten minutes

Comment

Jacks up 74-52 with 5:35 left according to Collegian blog. Sunnarborg with 26.

Comment

Jennie Sunnarborg is really coming around offensively. 28 points tonight.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

I thought the refs for both games on Saturday night was as good as I saw all year. What is it about womens basketball that refs feel they have to insert themselves and call every touch foul and not allow any kind of flow to the game and make it tough to watch.

Comment

maybe i'm off base here, but it seems to me that the summit refs like to call most 1st halves loose and most second halves tight.. I wish they could at least be consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          maybe i'm off base here, but it seems to me that the summit refs like to call most 1st halves loose and most second halves tight.. I wish they could at least be consistent.
                          I've noticed that in the men's games. The women's refs seem consistently tight.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            If 27 fouls in the first half was loose, then they called the second half loose also.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              I thought the refs for both games on Saturday night was as good as I saw all year.
                              I agree with you on that one. There were some calls that were bad both ways but they weren't as bad as usual.
                              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Nice steady win by the ladies tonight. I was one of the few in attendance but it was nice to go out and handle a team like we should. Granted UMKC is in the bottom half of the conference but it was still nice to see them maintain the lead the entire game. A few times it got around 10-11 points but we always seemed to respond. Sunny had a great game both offensively and defensively. Rotert and Young need to show up more often than they do to allow this team to be more successful than they've been this year.

Injuries (Dietal & Eide) are not helping our cause but we seem to be playing some of our best BB of the season even though they are out which I think is a good sign.

AJ still visibly frustrated tonight but sometimes hard to tell if it was because of the refs or our players. I'd say it was a good mix of both even though we were ahead the entire game. I'll admit the refs at times were downright bad both ways.

5 of the last 7 on the road will show us what both the men and women are made of. Looking forward to watching a lot of Jacks BB on the Jackrabbit Extra!

GO JACKS.

Comment

Working...
                                X