Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT Utah State

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    ...If AJ can get it figured out by tourney time we will be just fine. Only problem is that because of our terrible start we'd likely be a #16 team if we can make the NCAA's.
    Watch out UCONN
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I just hope we get a #16 seed..... this team needs to find it's identity. We need that go to player!!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        The bottom half of the Summit is a grease fire...if we don't finish in the upper half somebody will need to pull me away from the ledge.
        Let me put it this way, We could potenitally loose both games with NDSU, ORU and Oakland, hopefully we win some road games but there are a few I am sure we will lose the way they are playing now. So ORU Oakland NDSU, and if say IPFW steps up the get 4 seed and leave us at the 5 seed, in the confrence tourny, I should have said seed for confrence tourny, not bottom half of the league overall, that was my mistake to say it that way. I wish I could be optimistic but there is nothing i can see to be looking to for improvement, not even a glimpse, its like the mens team for years, well, we are playing awful but losing close, that counts for some, but not me. honestly the way Filbert feels about IPFW is the way I feel about everygame, Everytime our team steps on the floor I expect them to win and be the better team, even if rankings and paper says otherwise. I hold us above the compitition, but lately the women have found ways to lose and lose more. Thankfully the men are getting much better and winning and closing games overall.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Some posts here border on the irrational anger that you see up in B-Ville.
          I urge everyone to stick with this team and have confidence that they'll be playing their best basketball at season's end. Mama said there'd be days like this and, in the end, it's still only a game. Now is when true Jack fans show true bliue and gold.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            I urge everyone to stick with this team and have confidence that they'll be playing their best basketball at season's end. Mama said there'd be days like this and, in the end, it's still only a game. Now is when true Jack fans show true bliue and gold.
            Until this team proves me wrong, I only see it getting harder from here, back to back defenending league champs, we are going to get everyones best effort in confrence and its not going to get any easier, when you lose to NDSU at home, thats one winnable game that is gone, and most on here are still thinking awe shucks another one got a way, maybe the next one by golly. I have not seen anything positive come out of this team. I will still be there supporting by jacks when I can, but I don't think its wrong to be critical of this team.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              On AJ's postgame radio interview he said that unless players came back from the break with a lot more intensity that changes in the starting line-up were coming. He came close to throwing people under the bus,but in his own words " I have to bite my tongue " to keep from going any farther. Was very complimentary of Heiser and Waytashek,and seemed to indicate that they will be getting a lot more minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The state of Jackrabbit women's basketball

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    If AJ can get it figured out by tourney time we will be just fine. Only problem is that because of our terrible start we'd likely be a #16 team if we can make the NCAA's.
                    Playoffs? Playoffs? You gotta be kidding me, playoffs? 16 seed?

We're so far from having to worry about that stuff right now. Yes, it is the goal. Winning the conference regular season is no doubt a goal too but right now they have grind each game out and get some confidence.

A good Arizona State team last Thursday followed by #15 Iowa Saturday followed by a long road trip to Utah State for a 1:00 tip today is a tough stretch. Don't care what Utah State has for a team, that schedule made this a tough one to win. The break is going to happen at a good time.

Lot of season left! Lot of questions to answer! Hang in there fans, they need our support!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      On AJ's postgame radio interview he said that unless players came back from the break with a lot more intensity that changes in the starting line-up were coming. He came close to throwing people under the bus,but in his own words " I have to bite my tongue " to keep from going any farther. Was very complimentary of Heiser and Waytashek,and seemed to indicate that they will be getting a lot more minutes.
                      I am ususally not too complimentary of all the "coaches" who post on this site........but this has been called for by quite a few of you. I just wonder what has taken coach so long to see what others have seen.

I know there have been mentions of practice intensity and the like, but game performance speaks volumes of a players worth.

Comment

I'm done getting upset about this team, and I am willing to accept the fact--they suck like 95% of most women's college basketball teams. I guess we have been spoiled for way too long. Pathetic!
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

What do you think has happened to Jill Young's shot? She was 2-10 today from beyond the arc!
                          When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
                            What do you think has happened to Jill Young's shot? She was 2-10 today from beyond the arc!
                            ...and next game she may be 6-10. She is least of my concerns. It sounds like changes are a comin' and maybe a new PG at the helm can help create more opportunities for others.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Box score,Michelson 16 min=0 pts,Schuttloffel 24 min=0 pts,Eide 13 min=0 pts,Heiser 22min=o pts.That's four players playing 75 combined minutes for a whopping 0 points.(Schuttloffel took no shots)
                              Wow,add Roterts 24 mins, you have five players playing 99 minutes of basketball for 4 pts.
                              Jills 30 mins added and you have six players playing 129 minutes of basketball, and scoring a combined 10 pts.
                              That's each one playing an avg of 21 1/2 min and avg 1.66 pts each for the entire game.How many games are you going to win with those numbers?
                              The only players that had decent numbers were Sunnarborg,Lingle,Waytashek and Strop.
                              The only thing positive is that we played this lousy and still had a chance to win this game.Mostly due to rebounding and forcing Utah State into more turnovers.We had 10 more shots at the basket ,I alway's thought this was the key,obviously not when enough of them don't drop thru.We again outshot our opponents FG percentage,in a losing effort.Fouls are most likely what cost us this game,we made only 10, they got 20 pts. from foul shots.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-21-2010, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                Box score,Michelson 16 min=0 pts,Schuttloffel 24 min=0 pts,Eide 13 min=0 pts,Heiser 22min=o pts.That's four players playing 75 combined minutes for a whopping 0 points.(Schuttloffel took no shots)
                                Wow,add Roterts 24 mins, you have five players playing 99 minutes of basketball for 4 pts.
                                Jills 30 mins added and you have six players playing 129 minutes of basketball, and scoring a combined 10 pts.
                                That's each one playing an avg of 21 1/2 min and avg 1.66 pts each for the entire game.How many games are you going to win with those numbers?
                                The only players that had decent numbers were Sunnarborg,Lingle,Waytashek and Strop.
                                The only thing positive is that we played this lousy and still had a chance to win this game.Mostly due to rebounding and forcing Utah State into more turnovers.We had 10 more shots at the basket ,I alway's thought this was the key,obviously not when enough of them don't drop thru.We again outshot our opponents FG percentage,in a losing effort.Fouls are most likely what cost us this game,we made only 10, they got 20 pts. from foul shots.
                                ZERO PTS, why do they need to score pts to make a difference. Since Schuttloffel took no shots, it might mean that she was not suppose to shoot. Ever thought of that? Perhaps the Utah State defense did not allow good lucks at the bucket? Why is scoring pts such a big deal? We only need four more to win. I don't know the turnover numbers so can comment on that, but seems to me that is a big key in playing the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X