Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ndsu-gdt-women

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
    My observation from Row 15, Section DD....we don't/didn't have an outside game.

to me, thats the difference in this team. our first game against utah valley st, we were 11-19 from the 3. since then the most threes we've made in a game has been 6 and that was last night. 6 of 23 last night, 3-14 against hampton, 5-18 against purdue, 4-15 against ill st, 5-16 against mid tn st, 5-14 against kansas st. rotert is 6 of 32 this year. i think there have been games in the past that she made 6 in one game.

Comment

thinkin AJ wants it that way. establish an inside game first. unfortunately, the bunnies that go in for the other team and other ridiculous shots that go in for the other team just don't go in for the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
        We struggle with guard play and NDSU is much quicker. We shot poorly and had many defensive breakdowns. We've been spoiled in recent years. This season could be much different.
        This is the problem. Our guards got outplayed on both ends of the floor. Unless the guard play steps up, I have a hard time figuring out how we beat NDSU or ORU this year. We may beat everybody else, even without better guard play, but Birkel and #4 schooled us. And Luper and Bingham are better players than them.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Arizona State runs the Princeton motion offense,I'll be watching to see if they spread the floor a little more than we do.It's supposed to get you lots of back door cuts & open three's.To work properly, you have to have players who can hit the 3 pt. shot,if you can't , the defense sagges off the perimeter and the whole thing becomes more difficult.I think that's been our problem this year.I noticed that the bison didn't respect our outside shooting and we weren't confident enough to take it either.

Comment

Both our teams seem to shoot better away from Frost while visiting teams seem to shoot very well in Frost. Just an observation, may not even be accurate.

I know it sucked sitting there watching NDSU make contested 3's and jumpers while we repeatedly missed wide-open looks. Regardless, the game is usually won on the defensive end and the glass and NDSU dominated in those areas in both games.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              disappointed going to be a long season. the infection that afflicted the men the last few years has hit the women. why AJ doesnt play Heiser is baffling. she cant do any worse than the other girls.
              Baffling to me as well. We don't see what happens at practice but what is happening in the games isn't good enough and I think Heiser can improve on that. Again, only a fan and therefore not qualified to make any actual decisions although I like to think I know more about these issues than I actually do.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

We fans can be fickle, and we have that right. BUT, last year at this time there were people on this board who said it was going to be a long season for the women after the start that team had. Well, it ended up turning out just fine with another trip to the NCAA tournament. Let's wait a while and see how it all plays out before we assume it's a disappointing season. Hey, it has not been great so far, and the next few weeks may hand us more losses due to the tough schedule. But I'll keep my faith in A.J. and the girls.
                Last edited by JamesJacks; 12-06-2010, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                  We fans can be fickle, and we have that right. BUT, last year at this time there were people on this board who said it was going to be a long season for the women after the start that team had. Well, it ended up turning out just fine with another trip to the NCAA tournament. Let's wait a while and see how it all plays out before we assume it's a disappointing season. Hey, it has not been great so far, and the next few weeks may hand us more losses due to the tough schedule. But I'll keep my faith in A.J. and the girls.

Not to be a Debbie downer, that team last year did not lose to our rivals at home and had great senior leadership compared to this year.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                  X