Mid-TN State GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mid-TN State GDT

The two road losses have been to good teams that we would have had to play really well to win. We'll get a better indicator of how good this team will be when we see how they do in some more winnable road games. They have shown they will be very competitve at home.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      The two road losses have been to good teams that we would have had to play really well to win. We'll get a better indicator of how good this team will be when we see how they do in some more winnable road games. They have shown they will be very competitve at home.
      unfortunatly half the conference games are on the road.

Comment

You can't win when you turn the ball over as often as this team does. The shot clock makes it difficult to cut turnovers down by reducing the number of possessions, i.e. running the clock, so the women need to figure out a way to handle the pressure.

I haven't broken down the numbers and I didn't listen to the game. Were most of the turnovers attributable to poor guard play? I assume with 38 turnovers everyone was responsible for more than a few.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          You can't win when you turn the ball over as often as this team does. The shot clock makes it difficult to cut turnovers down by reducing the number of possessions, i.e. running the clock, so the women need to figure out a way to handle the pressure.

I haven't broken down the numbers and I didn't listen to the game. Were most of the turnovers attributable to poor guard play? I assume with 38 turnovers everyone was responsible for more than a few.
          Turnovers:

6 - Michelson
          10 - Young
          4 - Rotert
          3 - Deital
          3 - Sunnarborg
          2 - Heiser
          1 - Paluch
          2 - Schuttloffel
          4 - Waytashek
          1 - Eide
          1 - Lingle
          1 - Team (shot clock violation I'm guessing)

16 TOs by Michelson and Young....YIKES.

Comment

Did our mens and womens teams switch places this year?
            Mens team playing confident,lights out on 3's,dominating at home or on the road by double figures.
            Womens team,getting whooped on the road,playing inconsistant ball ,unsure of themselves.Looking for confidence.
            I'm sure the women will figure it out,but everytime I say that they have another bad game.
            For the womens team,the bad games are really bad games so far this year,(33 pt loss & 19 pt loss,starting game down 19-0)

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Did our mens and womens teams switch places this year?
              This thought has crossed my mind more than once this year already.

Comment

Here's the highlite video of the blue raiders,warning, the scenes you are about to see may be shocking...........http://www.goblueraiders.com/section...mensbasketball

The still picture you see,IMO,would be called a foul by Summit league refs(reaching accross the body w/contact made).No excuse,but with Summit refs, our women aren't used to the opposition getting that kind of latitude from the refs.

They had so many steals & turnovers,the Blue Raiders hardly ever had to go up against our set defense ,that's why it looks so ugly,IMO.

Comment

Wow. The Jacks have delivered these kind of early, staggering blows to a team or two in the past few years. Hopefully the SDSU women can learn something from this ugly outing and move on quickly.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    Never trust a guy with two first names
                    Shirley you can't be serious . . .

/Leslie Nielsen memorial quip
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      Shirley you can't be serious . . .

/Leslie Nielsen memorial quip
                      Yeah, heaven just got a little more interesting.

Back to the Jacks, Macie and Jill must do a better job or AJ will have to take the ball out of their hands. I've never been convinced that Jill should do any more than shoot the 3 and rebound. She is very talented but ball handling and defense aren't her strong suits. Macie often gets her mind ahead of her body, being injured to start the year doesn't help.

I've been a proponent of Heiser and Paluch but recognized their limitations as well. Both are young and unproven and neither possess a great deal of speed/quickness. I know both are very smart and I think mature for their age, they might be our best guard tandem against pressure defenses.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Yeah, heaven just got a little more interesting.

Back to the Jacks, Macie and Jill must do a better job or AJ will have to take the ball out of their hands. I've never been convinced that Jill should do any more than shoot the 3 and rebound. She is very talented but ball handling and defense aren't her strong suits. Macie often gets her mind ahead of her body, being injured to start the year doesn't help.

I've been a proponent of Heiser and Paluch but recognized their limitations as well. Both are young and unproven and neither possess a great deal of speed/quickness. I know both are very smart and I think mature for their age, they might be our best guard tandem against pressure defenses.
                        I'm not very observant,but have Hieser and Paluch been paired together in the backcourt much this year?If they are our best option to break a press,they should get a lot of playing time together,one would think.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          I'm not very observant,but have Hieser and Paluch been paired together in the backcourt much this year?If they are our best option to break a press,they should get a lot of playing time together,one would think.
                          I don't know that they have been together at all and I'm not at practice to see if they have tried it there. I just know 16 turnovers from our current guard tandem isn't going to get it done. No need to panic but certainly fodder for consideration of a change, adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
                            The highest I found was 33 vs souther Indiana on 11/11/01
                            On gojacks.com, the totals for turnovers don't go any further back than 2000-01. Sunday's game set a school-record at the D-I level.

Last year, SDSU had 33 turnovers at Oral Roberts.

Comment

I don't know that they have been together at all and I'm not at practice to see if they have tried it there. I just know 16 turnovers from our current guard tandem isn't going to get it done. No need to panic but certainly fodder for consideration of a change, adjustment.
                              I'd say close to forty turnovers in a game gets real close to panic territory . . . for fans, anyway . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

just in case

Comment

Working...
                                X