Illinois State Redbirds GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Illinois State Redbirds GDT

A couple friends and I were watching the game and we kept commenting on how slow the Jacks looked. Several players seemed flat-footed on defense and it allowed ISU to control the pace. We were getting killed on the boards.

With about 10 minutes to go in the game things really turned around. Kristen Rotert and Leah Dietel seemed to really turn up the intensity and the rest of the team followed suit. Sunnaborg also had a strong game. Our depth was also a factor

At the end of the game all of the stats had evened up. Give them credit. They did it when they had to and pulled out a win against a good team. Good to have Macie back. She is obviously still not at a 100% but we can use her leadership.

I agree with others that they need to clean things up. No doubt they will watch the game film and AJ will point things out. He was very frustrated with the play for most of the game.

We have two very fun to watch basketball teams this year at SDSU!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

We beat Ill St when they are fielding a team where 4 out of 5 of thier top scorers are seniors.Ill St won't lose very many games this year.I think it was quite an accomplishment to come back from behind & beat a senior laden team like they did.When we clean up our game ,we will be awesome.

Comment

Jacks won versus a team that we are likely to see playing in the post-season, and one of those teams that we will be competing with for an at-large, if we need it. IMHO, while AJ did a great job of getting very tough opponents, he also is doing these games with our mid-major competitors, UNI, IL St, Mid TN, AR-Little Rock, and four BCS schools (Purdue, KS St, AZ St., Iowa). If Jacks can get out of this murderous row of OOC opponents with no more than 4 losses, I really like Jacks chances for getting in as at-large. No one else in the Summit is challenging the Jacks OOC. Jacks should be incredibly ready for Summit League play starting Dec 30th, and they'll have only played the 1 early game, vs our Summit Arch-rival & travel partner, NDSU.

I like the Jacks chances in all the games. I love that Iowa and AZ St are playing in Brookings. Respect for SDSU WBB exists. Jacks are known, feared, and recognized as a mid-major perenial power. Keep pulling these kind of games out, beat a couple these BCS match-up (preferably, all the rest), and Jacks, as champions of the Summit, especially if no regular season losses, has a great shot at single-digit seed.

From my blue/yellow glasses: GO JACKS!

Comment

Best part of this game, is when we were pushed, we pushed back. Also that Rotert stepped up huge in the second have. This game proves that if your a leader and are needed for scoring how important they are to the team. She worked well to be able to post up, and drive the ball, I feel our team will go the way Rotert goes. Most often that is going to be good news for SDSU. I feel she might need to have a senior year like Vogel had, be the focus and everyone else is more of a role player, if though thats not the case. I am affraid we will need to see Rotert for 20+ a game.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Best part of this game, is when we were pushed, we pushed back. Also that Rotert stepped up huge in the second have. This game proves that if your a leader and are needed for scoring how important they are to the team. She worked well to be able to post up, and drive the ball, I feel our team will go the way Rotert goes. Most often that is going to be good news for SDSU. I feel she might need to have a senior year like Vogel had, be the focus and everyone else is more of a role player, if though thats not the case. I am affraid we will need to see Rotert for 20+ a game.
            I think we need to count on Kristin for 10+ per game and Jenny Sunnarborg for 10+ and Jill for 10+. If those three can get consistent, everyone else will loosen up and some of those shots that have been falling out will start to go in. The other thing to think about is, we are a very good 3-point shooting team and we have not been hitting them. Consider we are still scoring (other than Purdue) 70+ a game... how scarry will it be when they do start falling?

We are playing a lot of freshmen and sophomores this year, as the year goes on they will only get more confidence as well. We will have growing pains... but in my mind they are already ahead of where they were last year.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
              I think we need to count on Kristin for 10+ per game and Jenny Sunnarborg for 10+ and Jill for 10+. If those three can get consistent, everyone else will loosen up and some of those shots that have been falling out will start to go in. The other thing to think about is, we are a very good 3-point shooting team and we have not been hitting them. Consider we are still scoring (other than Purdue) 70+ a game... how scarry will it be when they do start falling?

We are playing a lot of freshmen and sophomores this year, as the year goes on they will only get more confidence as well. We will have growing pains... but in my mind they are already ahead of where they were last year.
              I hope thats what happens, but Rotert to me is the only player proven to be able to have break out scoring games on a consistant basis. I figure both Sunny and young will be at 10+ per game avg, but Rotert if not able to break out most games will only cause us to play closer games. I like that we have a lot of young players getting good minutes, which will only help as the year goes on, but till this team finds its identity, Rotert needs to shoulder the load IMO.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Rotert has made just one 3pointer this year? She is 1-18. The team has made 23 and Jill has 12 of them. Rotert will get hot one of these games and look out. Its probably a mental thing for her, once she starts hitting, she'll be fine.

Comment

What I don't get is where is Heiser. I know she was out because of family issues but she didn't even take her warmup top off against ISU. Did she miss alot of practice and wasn't ready, what. Someone who scores 14 points in nine minutes her last game would get somemore looks from me in future games.

Comment

Working...
                  X