Purdue Game day thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Purdue Game day thread

In 2008-2009 ,Roterts soph year,she missed a lot in a row, starting with the Missouri game,but we had so many others who could pick up the slack,it really didn't matter,same with Macy,she was out for awhile, but that team kept on winning regardless.We can't give up on Kristin,when she comes out of this slump, she's going to score a lot of points this year.She can single handily take over a game when she's got it going,same with Jill.Just got to be patient & enjoy it when she's popp'n in threes all over the place.
    Here's pictures of the game we'd all like to forget.They do this every game ,someone takes pictures
    link....https://engineering.purdue.edu/~stac...20101118_SDSU/
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-20-2010, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      AJ seemed to think it was nerves, and I can buy into that a bit, especially for our ball handlers. No Macie, and this game was on their court.

Still surprised by the final, but I was thinking, and you know we start cold, and turn it over a bunch, and possibly the team isn't used to that. Maybe the fear and surprise of starting out so poorly got to us, and we just didn't respond well to it.
      They don't have to impress me, I'd just as soon take a one point win as 40,as long as it's a 'w'.Especially against good teams.
      They have ample time to focus in on Ill State,that should be front & foremost on thier mind,getting back on the winning track.A few wins and this game will be long forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
        35% from the line and 23 turnovers, sad. I have a feeling that AJ will use this as a reminder of what can happen when you don't show up to play. This was by far the most embarrassing loss since moving up. I have a lot of faith in this team and the coaching staff but we are going to need to put this behind us. The pre-Christmas schedule does not get any easier.

Wed, Nov 24 Illinois State
        Sun, Nov 28 @Middle Tennessee State
        Tue, Nov 30 @Kansas State
        Sat, Dec 04 North Dakota State
        Tue, Dec 07 @Washington State
        Sat, Dec 11 @Northern Iowa
        Thu, Dec 16 Arizona State
        Sat, Dec 18 Iowa
        Mon, Dec 20 @Utah State
        Wed, Nov 24 Illinois State 3-0 won at Illinois
        Sun, Nov 28 @Middle Tennessee State 2-1
        Tue, Nov 30 @Kansas State 4-0 won vs ranked St.Johns
        Sat, Dec 04 North Dakota State 2-1
        Tue, Dec 07 @Washington State 0-3
        Sat, Dec 11 @Northern Iowa 2-1 lost to IowaSt but led at half
        Thu, Dec 16 Arizona State 2-1
        Sat, Dec 18 Iowa 5-0 could be toughest opponent of season
        Mon, Dec 20 @Utah State 0-3

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
          Ariz St played # 4 Tenn within 1 pt at 47 Tenn to 46 Ariz St,but they only scored 18 first half.
          Lots of hot & cold halves for teams this year.
          It's been a wierd year in that there have been big blowouts but relativly few upsets of ranked teams.
          Top of the Summit will be tough.Case in point about teams being good & bad in the span of a few games,Oakland takes Penn State to OT before losing 96-89.Then lose to Bowling Green 80-46.To me ,Penn St & Bowling Green should be about the same caliber team.
          Hope all our anomaly's are done with our last game.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
            Even with Macie back,that will be a tough stretch - winning 5 of the 9 would be doing really well. Right now we would probably be favored in 4 - Ill.State , NDSU , Wash State and Utah State.

Comment

Its being reported that an unnamed player at Purdue has contacted viral menengitis.Thier planned trip to Mexico has been cancelled.Since we played them not too long ago,I was wondering if our players are OK.
              link...http://www.purduesports.com/sports/w...112410aaa.html
              The player has been identified as Drey Mingo,listed as "critical" but stable condition.The illness is very treatable,hope she gets well soon.
              http://purdue.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1157228
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-24-2010, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                Its being reported that an unnamed player at Purdue has contacted viral menengitis.Thier planned trip to Mexico has been cancelled.Since we played them not too long ago,I was wondering if our players are OK.
                link...http://www.purduesports.com/sports/w...112410aaa.html
                The player has been identified as Drey Mingo,listed as "critical" but stable condition.The illness is very treatable,hope she gets well soon.
                http://purdue.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1157228
                Viral or aseptic meningitis (as it is often called) is not as serious as bacterial meninigitis and is also not as communicable (likely to spread from person to person).

It is most commonly caused by Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) or Varicella Zoster Virus (VZV) the virus that causes chicken pocks and shingles. The statement that it is "very treatable" implies that it is one of these viruses because almost every other form of viral meningitis is not treatable (West Nile for instances). Fortunately in young healthy adults the consequences are usually minimal. That said, you don't want to get it, the symptoms are miserable.

It seems a little excessive to cancel the trip to Mexico and our players are not likely at any risk at all. I doubt she was actively infected at the time of our game and even if she was it is extremely unlikely that she would transmit the infection to another player.

I hope she gets well soon, don't worry about the Jackrabbit players.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Viral or aseptic meningitis (as it is often called) is not as serious as bacterial meninigitis and is also not as communicable (likely to spread from person to person).

It is most commonly caused by Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) or Varicella Zoster Virus (VZV) the virus that causes chicken pocks and shingles. The statement that it is "very treatable" implies that it is one of these viruses because almost every other form of viral meningitis is not treatable (West Nile for instances). Fortunately in young healthy adults the consequences are usually minimal. That said, you don't want to get it, the symptoms are miserable.

It seems a little excessive to cancel the trip to Mexico and our players are not likely at any risk at all. I doubt she was actively infected at the time of our game and even if she was it is extremely unlikely that she would transmit the infection to another player.

I hope she gets well soon, don't worry about the Jackrabbit players.
                  Good to hear your thoughts on the subject, doc. As a (borderline hypochondriac) husband of an instructor on campus, who has a basketball player in one of her classes, my eyes kinda bugged out a little when I heard about this.

Hope Miss Mingo recovers fully and quickly and that the other players are safe.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    Good to hear your thoughts on the subject, doc. As a (borderline hypochondriac) husband of an instructor on campus, who has a basketball player in one of her classes, my eyes kinda bugged out a little when I heard about this.

Hope Miss Mingo recovers fully and quickly and that the other players are safe.
                    I've cared for a lot of people with meningitis and you do need to respect that it is an infectious disease. However, that respect should include the use of common sense and common practices to prevent exposure to the organisms. The good news in viral meningitis is that it will not transmit easily from casual exposure. I am very confident that everyone on the SDSU campus is safe.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I've cared for a lot of people with meningitis and you do need to respect that it is an infectious disease. However, that respect should include the use of common sense and common practices to prevent exposure to the organisms. The good news in viral meningitis is that it will not transmit easily from casual exposure. I am very confident that everyone on the SDSU campus is safe.
                      I had a daughter 20 years ago come down with bacterial meningitis, I thank God for Claforan and Rocephin to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                        I had a daughter 20 years ago come down with bacterial meningitis, I thank God for Claforan and Rocephin to this day.
                        I read in the Argus today that it was actually bacterial meningitis, much more serious for the individual infected and more communicable, although still very unlikely that athletic competition would result in transmission from person to person. In the age group we are discussing Nisseria is the most likely organism. When recognized early and treated with antibiotics like you mentioned and supportive care healthy people will usually survive with minimal morbidity. I agree with cancelling the trip to Mexico given this is bacterial and also noticed that our players are taking prophylactic antibiotics. They should be fine. I hope the young woman afflicted with the illness does well.

Comment

I read in the Argus today that it was actually bacterial meningitis, much more serious for the individual infected and more communicable, although still very unlikely that athletic competition would result in transmission from person to person. In the age group we are discussing Nisseria is the most likely organism. When recognized early and treated with antibiotics like you mentioned and supportive care healthy people will usually survive with minimal morbidity. I agree with cancelling the trip to Mexico given this is bacterial and also noticed that our players are taking prophylactic antibiotics. They should be fine. I hope the young woman afflicted with the illness does well.
                          Here is the article referenced above.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...16/1002/SPORTS

Comment

Working...
                          X