Purdue Game day thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Purdue Game day thread

EMBARASSING! I never thought I would see a score like this against our women. I listened in for a while and then had to stop for the safety of my computer. From the radio it sounded like we made a lot of dumb mistakes and missed way too many easy baskets.I think that started to create doubt and fed on itself. Not saying we would have won this game, but we wouldn't have such sore butts from being spanked so hard. Gotta win some of these tough home games coming up to keep our RPI up. Let's go Jacks, season is still just beginning.

Comment

It all has to do with what is taken from the game. Obvioulsy we got our arses stomped. I can agree with some of the concerns but my money is on AJ, his staff, and the team to make the adjustments and address the problem.

Looking at the stat sheets it looks like we were off on everything. 35% from the line? Huh? Purdue certainly deserves credit for their disruptive defense but this game is an anomaly.

A lot of people have been concerned about what really quick guards have done to us. Last night it was every facet of the game. They will get better from this.

Best thing to do is get back on the court ASAP but like another poster stated, never forget the beatdown that Purdue put on us!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

this game is a good reminder about how important Macie is, when is she due back? Any time frame yet? hopefully soon so the team can gel before confrence play. Even with her our team can struggle against pressure D. Not sure why we struggle with it and teams that I feel are lesser then we are do better breaking the press.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
          I
          A lot of people have been concerned about what really quick guards have done to us. Last night it was every facet of the game. They will get better from this.

Best thing to do is get back on the court ASAP but like another poster stated, never forget the beatdown that Purdue put on us!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
          Exactly!!!!!
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            this game is a good reminder about how important Macie is, when is she due back? Any time frame yet? hopefully soon so the team can gel before confrence play. Even with her our team can struggle against pressure D. Not sure why we struggle with it and teams that I feel are lesser then we are do better breaking the press.
            She dressed last night and practiced yesterday according to the radio feed last night... but I think they mentioned she is not cleared to play at this time. So soon...

Comment

Anyone else feel that maybe the team does not have the moxie or attitude it has had years before. When we were the underdog, we didn't accept that role. Now we are a better team as far as confrence situation goes, but does not seem to have that hunger and mindset that we are better then everyone we play(even if on paper it says otherwise).

I was expecting big things from Rotert but so far this year am disapointed. It seems the Jr class when it steps up to take the lead from the graduating seniors that only a few have really excelled at stepping up. Vogel, Wark, truly stand out. Rotert has that ability to join them as some of the greatest seniors years we have ever seen.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

AJ seemed to think it was nerves, and I can buy into that a bit, especially for our ball handlers. No Macie, and this game was on their court.

Still surprised by the final, but I was thinking, and you know we start cold, and turn it over a bunch, and possibly the team isn't used to that. Maybe the fear and surprise of starting out so poorly got to us, and we just didn't respond well to it.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  AJ seemed to think it was nerves, and I can buy into that a bit, especially for our ball handlers. No Macie, and this game was on their court.

Still surprised by the final, but I was thinking, and you know we start cold, and turn it over a bunch, and possibly the team isn't used to that. Maybe the fear and surprise of starting out so poorly got to us, and we just didn't respond well to it.
                  I would rather it happen now getting punched in the face then during confrence play. It is better to get challenged and see how we respond in this situation, and later when its more pressure as the season goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Anyone else feel that maybe the team does not have the moxie or attitude it has had years before. When we were the underdog, we didn't accept that role. Now we are a better team as far as confrence situation goes, but does not seem to have that hunger and mindset that we are better then everyone we play(even if on paper it says otherwise).

I was expecting big things from Rotert but so far this year am disapointed. It seems the Jr class when it steps up to take the lead from the graduating seniors that only a few have really excelled at stepping up. Vogel, Wark, truly stand out. Rotert has that ability to join them as some of the greatest seniors years we have ever seen.
                    I wouldn't be so quick to say this team does not have moxie or attitude. We've seen it in them already this year. Just last week people were thinking otherwise after our first two WNIT wins. Even if we would have beaten Purdue we would have to be careful in our thoughts on this team because it's ONLY THE THIRD GAME OF THE YEAR. Every season is a work in progress. Rotert is going to be just fine. Didn't she have a slow start a couple of years ago? She's going to emerge as a leader this year.
                    The Purdue game was awful. There are no excuses for the way we got beat. That being said, this game will not define our season.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                      I wouldn't be so quick to say this team does not have moxie or attitude. We've seen it in them already this year. Just last week people were thinking otherwise after our first two WNIT wins. Even if we would have beaten Purdue we would have to be careful in our thoughts on this team because it's ONLY THE THIRD GAME OF THE YEAR. Every season is a work in progress. Rotert is going to be just fine. Didn't she have a slow start a couple of years ago? She's going to emerge as a leader this year.
                      The Purdue game was awful. There are no excuses for the way we got beat. That being said, this game will not define our season.
                      Several of the womens teams from years ago were able to perform and had leadership from the get go. Thats the difference I noticed. I don't care we lost, but how we lost. Early in the transition, we played good power confrence teams closer then we did yesterday, and this Purdue team is not head and shoulders above those teams we played much closer to start those years. Thats my point, I think it will be a great year and expect big things all the same.

Comment

35% from the line and 23 turnovers, sad. I have a feeling that AJ will use this as a reminder of what can happen when you don't show up to play. This was by far the most embarrassing loss since moving up. I have a lot of faith in this team and the coaching staff but we are going to need to put this behind us. The pre-Christmas schedule does not get any easier.

Wed, Nov 24 Illinois State
                        Sun, Nov 28 @Middle Tennessee State
                        Tue, Nov 30 @Kansas State
                        Sat, Dec 04 North Dakota State
                        Tue, Dec 07 @Washington State
                        Sat, Dec 11 @Northern Iowa
                        Thu, Dec 16 Arizona State
                        Sat, Dec 18 Iowa
                        Mon, Dec 20 @Utah State

Comment

Looking at the box score and was surprised Ostarello played limited minutes in a blow-out and had little impact in the time she was in. Also,the attendance - 1580 ? Thought they had drawn 8000 plus for each of the first two games. If the game would have been in Frost,there would have been two or three times that number.

Comment

We had, what, 1 senior and 3 juniors seeing minutes last night? Majority of the time we had more freshman and sophomores playing than upper classmen. Games like that can happen when you have a young team playing on the road in front of a big crowd and a good team.

Yes it was disappointing but should prove a good lesson for the youngsters!

Comment

This was an ugly game - but I think this team will only get better as the season progresses. Rotert IS a leader as is Jill ---- Macie is a floor leader and it will be a big help getting her back in the mix. I was impressed to see Waytashek play a complete game - hopefully she is back from her early injury and can contribute on a consistent basis. This team has depth - from seniors to freshman. They are smart students and are hard workers. The schedule is tough but they will become a good complete team! I for one am keeping the faith!!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack View Post
                                This was an ugly game - but I think this team will only get better as the season progresses. Rotert IS a leader as is Jill ---- Macie is a floor leader and it will be a big help getting her back in the mix. I was impressed to see Waytashek play a complete game - hopefully she is back from her early injury and can contribute on a consistent basis. This team has depth - from seniors to freshman. They are smart students and are hard workers. The schedule is tough but they will become a good complete team! I for one am keeping the faith!!
                                Rotert really needs to play like the leader the team needs her to be though. O'fer is not good enough. How she finished last year I think is good for how she will play this year which will be lights out. I think players are still finding their roles for this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X