Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Achilles heal?

Originally posted by goon View Post
    This team lacks options. If Sunnaborg and Rotert are not scoring, Maybe Jill can step up and be a big scorer, but we I feel are lacking multiple scoring threats like we have had years past. Confidence seems to be a problem also. Those are the areas I am concernced about.
    Eide has, in the past, provided quick offense off the bench. Not much from her this year. Waytashek has the ability to score. She just needs more experience.

The reality is that this team needs to beat Summit League teams to get where they want to go. Experience against Purdue, or MTSU or KState or whoever is just that, experience. The games that really matter start this weekend. I think this team just needs some time to settle down and figure out their roles.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      This team lacks options. If Sunnaborg and Rotert are not scoring, Maybe Jill can step up and be a big scorer, but we I feel are lacking multiple scoring threats like we have had years past. Confidence seems to be a problem also. Those are the areas I am concernced about.
      There is one area I am concerned about: turnovers. Fix that, and we are a good team again. Don't fix it, and we are a mediocre team by SDSU standards.

We have plenty of scoring threats, turnovers are limiting our possessions to the point that our threats don't have a chance to do anything.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        There is one area I am concerned about: turnovers. Fix that, and we are a good team again. Don't fix it, and we are a mediocre team by SDSU standards.

We have plenty of scoring threats, turnovers are limiting our possessions to the point that our threats don't have a chance to do anything.
        Agreed turnovers are a biggie for sure. keeping the ball is key, followed by scoring from high percentage shots. This offense does not seem to have to fire power the teams from years ago had.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
          For the record Macie is not at all healthy or maybe that is the best that foot injury is going to get. She puts no pressure on that foot in the games I have seen her and never pushes off it either. If you watch the video tape listed below and it is not fun to watch, just focus on her in the highlights and you will see what mean.

I am not cutting her down, because it is an injury, but she is no good to us this season. I hope I eat my words, but she is hurt!!!!!

http://www.goblueraiders.com/section...mensbasketball
          Yes,Macie is hurt and it's sad to see, she's got the heart of a warrior, but she can't move good enough because of her injury.Hope she recovers fully.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Yes,Macie is hurt and it's sad to see, she's got the heart of a warrior, but she can't move good enough because of her injury.Hope she recovers fully.

Is this why this thread is labeled Achilles Heal rather than Heel?

Comment

Re: Achilles heel?

Sorry about the spelling,but i see your point.lol

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Is this why this thread is labeled Achilles Heal rather than Heel?
                Because we want her heel to heal!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

One potential problem is that this team seems to not be scoring more points then the other team they play, which can be a big reason to losing the game. That could be an achilles heel, not scoring more points then opponents.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                  X