WNIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WNIT

The NCAA transition rules dont apply. The WNIT is a private organization and they have already made contact with SDSU about a bid to host.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD
      The NCAA transition rules dont apply.  The WNIT is a private organization and they have already made contact with SDSU about a bid to host.
      Okay, so I was wrong. I figured you guys wouldn't get your hopes up without doing your homework first. Good job. You guys deserve a 1st Round bye.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderInTheZone
        [quote author=HoboD link=1171337217/75#75 date=1173538819]The NCAA transition rules dont apply.  The WNIT is a private organization and they have already made contact with SDSU about a bid to host.
        Okay, so I was wrong.  I figured you guys wouldn't get your hopes up without doing your homework first.  Good job.  You guys deserve a 1st Round bye.
        [/quote]
        And we might end up getting a 1st round bye too 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderInTheZone
          [quote author=HoboD link=1171337217/75#75 date=1173538819]The NCAA transition rules dont apply.  The WNIT is a private organization and they have already made contact with SDSU about a bid to host.
          Okay, so I was wrong.  I figured you guys wouldn't get your hopes up without doing your homework first.  Good job.  You guys deserve a 1st Round bye.
          [/quote]

Thanks. Good luck in the NCAA tournament. Make that big win we had against look even better.
          Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

If you do some research do all of it. Yes we are eligible. Keep researching

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits37
              If you do some research do all of it. Yes we are eligible. Keep researching
              Nothing left to research. No need to be a jerk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
                [quote author=Monte-Jackrabbit link=1171337217/60#72 date=1173512019]Saw a great thing in the Minneapolis paper on, I think, Thursday.  During the Minnesota State Hockey tournament, 1 teams fans (students) when the opposing team was introduced they all sat and had different sections of the newspaper and were reading them.

I know our students stand and turn their backs to the court, but this would give another option.  

Just a thought. . . . . .
                This is nothing new. The 1st time newspapers were used at Frost was about 25 years ago, maybe longer.[/quote]

This was the first time that I had seen it, and it hasn't been used at Frost since before the Nagy era.

Sorry to give another suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte-Jackrabbit
                  [quote author=1bunnies link=1171337217/60#73 date=1173531146][quote author=Monte-Jackrabbit link=1171337217/60#72 date=1173512019]Saw a great thing in the Minneapolis paper on, I think, Thursday. During the Minnesota State Hockey tournament, 1 teams fans (students) when the opposing team was introduced they all sat and had different sections of the newspaper and were reading them.

I know our students stand and turn their backs to the court, but this would give another option.

This is nothing new. The 1st time newspapers were used at Frost was about 25 years ago, maybe longer.[/quote]

This was the first time that I had seen it, and it hasn't been used at Frost since before the Nagy era.

Sorry to give another suggestion.[/quote]

I actually prefer the newspaper thing to the turn-your-back-on-the-other-team thing. For what it's worth.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                    [quote author=Monte-Jackrabbit link=1171337217/75#81 date=1173570776][quote author=1bunnies link=1171337217/60#73 date=1173531146][quote author=Monte-Jackrabbit link=1171337217/60#72 date=1173512019]Saw a great thing in the Minneapolis paper on, I think, Thursday. During the Minnesota State Hockey tournament, 1 teams fans (students) when the opposing team was introduced they all sat and had different sections of the newspaper and were reading them.

Sorry to give another suggestion.[/quote]

I actually prefer the newspaper thing to the turn-your-back-on-the-other-team thing. For what it's worth. [/quote]

I prefer the yeah, whatever, ho-hum thing where nobody seems to care. Newspapers seems like you're trying to hard. We did that in high school.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I know Kansas does the newspapers . . . the nice thing about them is that you can tear them up and make confetti when the home team gets announced (I'm sure the maintenance staff LOVES that . . . )
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                        I know Kansas does the newspapers . . . the nice thing about them is that you can tear them up and make confetti when the home team gets announced (I'm sure the maintenance staff LOVES that . . . )
                        I've been told (by a friend who used to go there) that Kansas State also does the newspaper thing. I never heard anything about the makeshift confetti......we would probably 1) get some weird looks and 2) get called for a technical :-X.......

Comment

BACK TO THE WNIT SUBJECT yep I'm yelling.
                          Looks like one less team to worry about.

Louisiana Tech has turned down an invite to the WNIT. It is a reminder of how some of the nation’s traditional powers feel about the event.
                          http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/

Comment

Given the "top-heavy structure" of WBB at the D-I level, I could see how some prominent programs (like Old Dominion, UConn, La Tech, Tennessee, etc.) would decline WNIT bids out of sheer pride if they didn't receive a NCAA bid.

I don't agree with it because it's not fair to the players, particularly to the younger players who stand to gain from playoff experience or the seniors who deserve one last shot at postseason glory. The WNIT is a good proving grounds for teams that were on the wrong side of the "bubble" as they're able to show that they should have received a NCAA bid.

Comment

teams turn down the NIT for various reasons, some do it to "prove a point" some do it because they THINK they belong in the NCAA tourny some do it as a self inflicted punishment some colleges do it because of coaching changes, and ya some do it for pride reasons also.. Its not unusual for a team or 2 in both the mens and womens to turn it down each year

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                                BACK TO THE WNIT SUBJECT yep I'm yelling.
                                Looks like one less team to worry about.

Louisiana Tech has turned down an invite to the WNIT. It is a reminder of how some of the nation’s traditional powers feel about the event.
                                http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/
                                LA Tech just had their string of 25 straight NCAA appearances snapped this year (only Tennessee's string is longer). Let that number soak in for a while . . .
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X