Marquette @ Kansas State 13340 2006 Championship Game
    Florida @ Wisconsin 13006 2000 Championship Game
    Drake @ New Mexico 11213 1999 Quarterfinal Game
    Hawaii @ New Mexico 11090 2001 Semifinal Game
    Penn State @ Baylor 10057 1998 Championship Game
    West Virginia @ Southwest Miss. St. 8871 2005 Championship Game
    Auburn @ Baylor 7414 2003 Championship Game
    Houston @ Oregon 6835 2002 Championship Game

The reason I posted these is that I think if we get a 1st or 2nd round home game and we promote the heck out of it that we can obtain a Top Ten attendance record in the WNIT. Tell everybody you know at get them to Frost.

Comment

Re: WNIT

What is Frost's attendance now that the one end of upper-level bleachers can not be moved out due to the fire escape situation? I'd hate for them to move the SDSU ice cream stand, man I love that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
        What is Frost's attendance now that the one end of upper-level bleachers can not be moved out due to the fire escape situation? I'd hate for them to move the SDSU ice cream stand, man I love that stuff.  
        Funny guy. ;D
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

WNIT ticket information
          Should the South Dakota State University women's basketball team be awarded a berth in next week's Women's NIT and be given the opportunity to host a first-round game, tickets will go on sale to the general public at 1 p.m. Tuesday (March 13) at the Jackrabbit Ticket Office.

Season ticket holders and mini-pack holders have until 5 p.m. on Friday (March 9) to claim their same seats for a first-round game. To claim tickets, e-mail the Jackrabbit Ticket Office with the following information: name, address, phone number, and number of tickets. Payment can be made when tickets are picked up after 1 p.m. on Tuesday.

Ticket prices are as follows:
          Courtside: $17
          Lower Level: $14
          Upper Level: $12
          Adult General Admission: $11
          K-12/SDSU Student General Admission: $5

The top 16 teams in the 48-team field will receive first-round byes. That means 16 first-round games are slated to be played March 14-16, with 16 second-round games set for March 16-19. Third-round action is scheduled for March 20-22, followed by quarterfinals on March 22-25. The semifinals are slated for March 26-29, with the championship game on March 31. All games will be played at campus sites.

Tickets also will be available for purchase online at gojacks.com.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
            They had the end bleachers out for the NDSU women's game . . . the ice cream stand was out in the foyer opposite the northwest concession area.

The bleachers didn't look like they were quite pulled out all the way though. The west end bleachers were pulled out but the couple of sections behind the band weren't pulled out. Also, the top three or four rows of the bleachers on both ends weren't pulled out.

My guess at hanging-from-the-rafters seating of Frost today is probably around 6,500, maybe 7,000 if the fire marshall's out of town.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
              [quote author=SD-STATE link=1171337217/60#61 date=1173449583]What is Frost's attendance now that the one end of upper-level bleachers can not be moved out due to the fire escape situation? I'd hate for them to move the SDSU ice cream stand, man I love that stuff.  
              They had the end bleachers out for the NDSU women's game . . . the ice cream stand was out in the foyer opposite the northwest concession area.

The bleachers didn't look like they were quite pulled out all the way though.  The west end bleachers were pulled out but the couple of sections behind the band weren't pulled out.  Also, the top three or four rows of the bleachers on both ends weren't pulled out.

My guess at hanging-from-the-rafters seating of Frost today is probably around 6,500, maybe 7,000 if the fire marshall's out of town.  [/quote]

so there was 4100 at the womans game against ndsu, i cant imagine where they would have put another 3000 fans.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit
                [quote author=filbert link=1171337217/60#64 date=1173451981][quote author=SD-STATE link=1171337217/60#61 date=1173449583]What is Frost's attendance now that the one end of upper-level bleachers can not be moved out due to the fire escape situation? I'd hate for them to move the SDSU ice cream stand, man I love that stuff.

The bleachers didn't look like they were quite pulled out all the way though. The west end bleachers were pulled out but the couple of sections behind the band weren't pulled out. Also, the top three or four rows of the bleachers on both ends weren't pulled out.

My guess at hanging-from-the-rafters seating of Frost today is probably around 6,500, maybe 7,000 if the fire marshall's out of town. [/quote]

so there was 4100 at the womans game against ndsu, i cant imagine where they would have put another 3000 fans. [/quote]

you can get pretty cozy on the bleachers if everybody squeezes together a bit. You kinda have to trust in everyone else's personal hygene, but it can be done
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Brief update on WNIT:

Cowbells are not allowed...I repeat no cowbells. Which really sucks for the crowd especially the older crowd.
                  They can take our cowbells but they cannot take our voices.
                  Rabbit Den Readers are prohibited from being distributed in Frost. But that wouldn't stop them from being distributed. In fact, they are roughly halfway done as of right now. Just waiting for the team and the player info right now.

Comment

No cowbell >........let me guess, no one is allowed to stand up, either........wait, that rule wouldn't actually affect many people :P.

Comment

Well add 2 more to the list:
                      Mid-Eastern Athletic: Coppin State
                      Sun Belt: Louisiana-Lafayette

Comment

11 teams to be added to the WNIT tomorrow as 11 Conferences finish up their tourneys. SO 23 of the 48 spots will be filled tomorrow, plus 3 to be added on Sunday. Maniac Monday cannot come fast enough.

Comment

you can get pretty cozy on the bleachers if everybody squeezes together a bit. You kinda have to trust in everyone else's personal hygene, but it can be done
                          There's nothing like the smell of popcorn and b.o. when your watching great basketball. ;D

Comment

Saw a great thing in the Minneapolis paper on, I think, Thursday. During the Minnesota State Hockey tournament, 1 teams fans (students) when the opposing team was introduced they all sat and had different sections of the newspaper and were reading them.

I know our students stand and turn their backs to the court, but this would give another option.

Just a thought. . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Monte-Jackrabbit
                              Saw a great thing in the Minneapolis paper on, I think, Thursday.  During the Minnesota State Hockey tournament, 1 teams fans (students) when the opposing team was introduced they all sat and had different sections of the newspaper and were reading them.

I know our students stand and turn their backs to the court, but this would give another option.  

Just a thought. . . . . .
                              This is nothing new. The 1st time newspapers were used at Frost was about 25 years ago, maybe longer.

Comment

Hey Lady Jackrabbit fans.  I was wondering about your chances in the WNIT, so I decided to do some research and what I gather is that because South Dakota State is in Division 1 transition that they may not be eligible for the WNIT as well because it is considered a postseason competition involving NCAA-sanctioned schools.

I might be wrong in thinking this, but that is my understanding.  It looks like you guys have a very deserving team to be in the postseason.  But considering NCAA rules involving teams in divisional transition, I just want you guys to be aware of what may happen come postseason selection time.

Comment

Working...
                                X