2024 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
    Successful end to Hobo Day 2024 with the Jacks beating UND. Now the only undefeated team left in the country as Pitt lost today. Still can’t wrap my head around what this team is doing! Attendance and atmosphere is top notch to match it.
    It was definitely a way to end 2024 Hobo Day athletics.

Comment

SDSU sweep over the Bison in Fargo. Our offense and defense both are incredible. We have very few weaknesses. Burr is turning out to be one of the top freshmen in the country and was recognized by the NCAA for that earlier today. Keep this history making season going!

Comment

OK, for someone who doesn't know much about volleyball answer me this question. I realize we have a new 24' roster, but what/who has made this team outstanding? Was there bad juju in the locker room before? Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
          OK, for someone who doesn't know much about volleyball answer me this question. I realize we have a new 24' roster, but what/who has made this team outstanding? Was there bad juju in the locker room before? Just curious
          I still look back to 2010 or whenever the coach left that took all the good players with him. He just totally ruined the culture and foundation overnight. Super hard to rebuild that and no coach has been successful doing that since. Even our current coach has been here for 4-5 years now, took a long time to rebuild. What really has made the difference are the transfers. Schetnan could be playing for any school right now. Our freshmen/sophomores are really good now too. Slowly but surely the right pieces are finally in place after a decade of just not having the right players top to bottom. Big test tomorrow night with USD who is down this year but has an 18 game win streak over us. I anticipate we should win but rivalry games are unpredictable.

Comment

My opinion bad coaching hires hurt us, more than Pallileo taking 2 players with him.

Comment

Monkey off the back! We were down and out and came back when it looked like it was over. What a team and an incredible crowd and atmosphere to go with it! Now time to keep winning and get a volleyball conference title in Brookings again.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                Monkey off the back! We were down and out and came back when it looked like it was over. What a team and an incredible crowd and atmosphere to go with it! Now time to keep winning and get a volleyball conference title in Brookings again.
                Figuring Im probably not gonna make it to the arena for bbal much, I Took my kids, expecting an electric atmosphere. Was not dissapointed! The gals fought through a couple rough sets.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

They were down 20 to 12 in third set ,they came roaring back to draw within a point, but lost the set by 2 pts going down to defeat to be behind 2 sets to one, fought a very tough 4th set and ground it out to winning the set to force the 5th and deciding set....this team has got real grit, they really earned this one just by sheer tenacity by refusing to give up/lose. They are fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                  X