X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Important announcement coming

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
    I can't read it either.

Several convos with some players and families have led me to believe that. All have cited growing pressure from one particular man.
    That's what you can't read on the Twitter feed.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

that twitter feed had (was chosen) to be locked.
      By its owner.
      Last edited by slosho; 01-30-2011, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        that twitter feed had to be locked.
        Which makes one wonder if this humble board owner should follow trembling in mighty Twitter's footsteps . . .

. . . naaahhhh!!!!!!!

(subject to change when the homebrew wears off . . .)
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Which makes one wonder if this humble board owner should follow trembling in mighty Twitter's footsteps . . .

. . . naaahhhh!!!!!!!

I think you would find twitter worth your time...

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

. . . naaahhhh!!!!!!!

Did you know that your PM mailbox is full?
            Kinda ironic if you ask me...

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              I think you would find twitter worth your time...
              Actually, no.

Shocking, I know . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

no way a money bags is forcing out a volleyball coach, after a few season, its not mens bb or something, i am sure people were asking for other coaches heads.... thats just sort of silly.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyRabbitFoot View Post
                  no way a money bags is forcing out a volleyball coach, after a few season, its not mens bb or something, i am sure people were asking for other coaches heads.... thats just sort of silly.
                  Nobody forced her out...period. The innuendo in regards to this is not to be trusted. Was a volleyball supporter unhappy with the coach, and some parents also? That would be a fair comment, and it may have contributed to Nanabah's decision. Who can say? But she wasn't forced out by the institution. It's done and over, for whatever reason, and seems pointless to me to keep trying to put any kind of spin on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    Nobody forced her out...period. The innuendo in regards to this is not to be trusted. Was a volleyball supporter unhappy with the coach, and some parents also? That would be a fair comment, and it may have contributed to Nanabah's decision. Who can say? But she wasn't forced out by the institution. It's done and over, for whatever reason, and seems pointless to me to keep trying to put any kind of spin on it.
                    I agree this case is closed. Good luck to the new coach. I would hope donors do not start acting like the U Of Conn guy. The support is welcome, but should be with out influence.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      Has there ever been a coach (other than pro) who hasn't had parents upset with them ? Almost every sports parent thinks their kid deserves more playing time than they are getting.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Has there ever been a coach (other than pro) who hasn't had parents upset with them ? Almost every sports parent thinks their kid deserves more playing time than they are getting.
                        For a fact this is very true. It becomes a real ego situation for parents sometimes and I guess you really can not stop it from happening. I think most of the SDSU coaches know how to deal with this. I think our former VB coach had to make a choice between coaching and family and she choose right, namely family. Her youngsters deserve a mother too.

Comment

First of all, when a coach leaves for family reasons they would normally meet with the team and announce their decision, apparently the team was advised by Justin and to date have not had any communication with the coach.
                          Second of all, if a coach leaves a position to be a mother, she doesn't normally apply for another coaching position, which apparently she has done
                          So draw your own conclusions!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits View Post
                            First of all, when a coach leaves for family reasons they would normally meet with the team and announce their decision, apparently the team was advised by Justin and to date have not had any communication with the coach.
                            Second of all, if a coach leaves a position to be a mother, she doesn't normally apply for another coaching position, which apparently she has done

This will be interesting how this plays out. If this is all true ---- WOW!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits View Post
                              It is my understanding that she has been offered and accepted another position at SDSU that is not in the athletic department.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                                It is my understanding that she has been offered and accepted another position at SDSU that is not in the athletic department.
                                The poor lady had to eat and feed her family so applying for jobs are important. It certainly is not a sign of smoke and fire as some would suggest. Perhaps this other position will be 8 to 5 and will not rob her family of her time devoted to them. Also it tough to just pick up and leave one location for another.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 02-06-2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X