Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Important announcement coming

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I don't agree with the thought process of 'Oh no we only have one female coach we need more' (applies to races as well).

The best candidate should get the job whether they be male or female.....black, white, native american, etc.

I find it pointless that NFL teams MUST interview a minority head coach. A couple years ago a team (can't remember which one) knew what guy they wanted. Hired him and I believe got in trouble for not interviewing a minority. I would be offended if the only reason I was interview was because the potential employer was 'required to'.
    Please note I didn't say I agree with the thought process, and I also didn't say that we would necessarily hire a less qualified person for the position. But what I do know is there are some realities when it comes to filling coaching positions for women's teams. Justin Sell said the position would be filled by March 1, so I expect the process to move rapidly (that might even be helpful to Phil if he is interested and jumps in early).

Comment

It would be nice to see Phil, return to SDSU volleyball, not sure why he would though. Not only was he poorly treated in the past, it is a weaker conference and would be a step backwards.

Comment

I would also love to see Phil come back and coach the Jacks. He'd get a chance to coach a couple of the players that he helped to originally recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits View Post
          It would be nice to see Phil, return to SDSU volleyball, not sure why he would though. Not only was he poorly treated in the past, it is a weaker conference and would be a step backwards.
          It could be viewed that way by some, or as a team that could consistantly reach the NCAAs by winning a confrence tourny with only 4 teams in it, could also be a draw for some, maybe its a place he is more comfortable with so to him it would not be a step back, but a positive step no matter what other people feel.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits View Post
            As far as VB is concerned it isn't a guarantee the MoValley is better than the Summit. Men's BB for sure the MoValley is superior but for other sports the gap isn't nearly as wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              I would love to see Phil back in Brookings and he would be a great get. But don't be surprised if other considerations are at work here (depending on who applies of course). SDSU has 21 sports, including 11 women's sports, and currently has only one female head coach. That could be a factor here.
              I am extremely confident that the best applicant will get the job. Female or male. If Phil does apply he would be an extremely worthy candidate.

As far as Valley VB being stronger than Summit VB is worthy of arguement. I think the top of the Summit is as strong as the top of the Valley. But the Summit drops off quickly.

Drake is at the bottom of the Valley in budget. I would like to think the Jacks are somewhere in the middle within the Summit League?

If you want a great chance to win the conference, win the conference tournament and quality for the NCAA tournament......SDSU is in a much better position to do that than Drake is.

It would be a coming home move for Phil's wife as she was a Brookings resident.

I guess we will see how it all shakes out.

GBGBGJ

Comment

A concern of mine beyound who will be our next VB Coach is.....will the current VB recruits still want to come to SDSU? We have three under letter of intent but sometimes with a coaching change young people have a tendency to request a release from that letter of intent.

Hansing a 6 ft OH from Iowa
                Howard a 5 ft 11" setter from Iowa &
                Larson a 6 ft 2" MH from SF Roosevelt.

Hopefully they will all still become Jackrabbits.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  As far as VB is concerned it isn't a guarantee the MoValley is better than the Summit. Men's BB for sure the MoValley is superior but for other sports the gap isn't nearly as wide.
                  The Mo. Valley is heads and tails better than the Summit. Not to argue, but the two aren't even comparable.

That being said, good luck on your hire.

If anyone knows AD Self well enough to pass on a recomendation, let me give you a name. Rod Wilde. Former Ass't. Coach at University of Wisconsin. Played collegiately at Pepperdine and was an All-American setter. Rod is from Ft. Dodge, Iowa, or where he graduated.

Rod would be an exellent hire.

Comment

Any word about this at all, lots of apps? are they going after anyone or two, any one on thier radar? or are they just waiting for apps to come in..... just curious, understand not a lot of details are available

Comment

Not sure where SDSU is in the process of hiring a head VB coach but the word is that Phil McDaniel has applied for the job. If so, clearly a front runner.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackshirt Jack View Post
                        Not sure where SDSU is in the process of hiring a head VB coach but the word is that Phil McDaniel has applied for the job. If so, clearly a front runner.
                        If Phil has applied he will clearly be a strong candidate. I would think that the upper classman on this VB team would still be his recruits as he has been gone only three years.

The ap process is open until Feb 9th I beleive?

GBGBGJ

Comment

Hopefully this link works:

https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu/applica...=1296156467054

This is the job opening, as posted on the SDBOR job website.

Comment

http://twitter.com/#!/hartleyshuddle

There are some comments about Alison-Brewer being forced out by a donor. Cites players & families, but no specific names, as being the source.

Anyone have a comment?
                            Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 01-30-2011, 09:49 PM.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

no comment, since I can't read it. i guess i don't have access.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I can't read it either.
                                Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X