No announcement yet.

Postseason 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great season for the Jacks , just couldn't get by Myer today, credit to her, Jacks played hard until the end, they deserve a lot of credit too. Hold your heads high Jacks, great season.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Great season for the Jacks , just couldn't get by Myer today, credit to her, Jacks played hard until the end, they deserve a lot of credit too. Hold your heads high Jacks, great season.
      100%

absolute proof in this game how this is a game of inches
      UNO first batter of the game hits a dribbler that TK can only reach with the tip of her glove but not stop it
      if TK fields that ball UNO never scores

in our final at bat Jocelyn leads off with maybe the hardest hit ball of the game. UNO CF charging with nobody behind her basically catches the ball with her bare hand as it is sinking hard. if that ball is maybe one inch lower it probably goes to the wall and Jocelyn is on second or maybe third with nobody out

the effort for these girls is unquestionable!!!! i am sure they are disappointed and had their sights set on a return to their 3rd consecutive ncaa. they came up a bit short, basically because of one perfectly hit ball from USD
      one third of an inning pitched with a slick ball
      and one excellent game in the circle from one of the best pitchers in the country

Congratulations ladies! you have definitely lifted this program to totally new heights and expectations

Comment

Jacks are invited to the Softball version of the WNIT. the National Invitational Softball Championship is owned by Triple Crown Sports. maybe i remember wrong, but i am pretty sure that TCS also does own the WNIT

the WNIT is a 64 team field, but the NSIC is only 8 teams
        not going to try to explain all but they play double elim down to the final two teams in the winner bracket and the final two in the loser bracket. then the final 4 play single elim

in other words if the jacks can win their first two games they are in the final 4

the jacks play Tarleton St at 1pm mountain time (tourney is played on site in Ft Collins, CO on two fields)
        we played Tarleton 2x already this year won 11-0 and 10-2 the first weekend in March

the article only lists Maryland as top seed but does not have seeds for the other 7 teams
        it would appear
        Maryland is the 1
        Jacks are 2
        BYU 3
        Iowa 4

in the final RPI
        Maryland was 49 and the Jacks were 50 (not gonna say for sure i am correct, but i believe we started the season at either 45 or 48)

BYU 57
        Iowa 64
        San Jose St 110
        UC Davis 124

I could not find CSU Northridge and Tarleton

FWIW UNO was 97 in the final RPI

More FWIW
        Jacks did beat Final RPI 17 Baylor this year and nearly beat them 2x
        Final RPI 19 Central Arkansas once and nearly 2x

Final RPI 20 Wichita St had them down 3-1 going into bottom of 7

anyway there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO reason for the jacks to go into this tourney expecting anything less than a championship!!!
        last years NSIC champs Baylor was the only team to beat Oklahoma this year and, as I already said finished this season 17 in the final regular season RPI

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
          Jacks are invited to the Softball version of the WNIT. the National Invitational Softball Championship is owned by Triple Crown Sports. maybe i remember wrong, but i am pretty sure that TCS also does own the WNIT

the WNIT is a 64 team field, but the NSIC is only 8 teams
          not going to try to explain all but they play double elim down to the final two teams in the winner bracket and the final two in the loser bracket. then the final 4 play single elim

in other words if the jacks can win their first two games they are in the final 4

the jacks play Tarleton St at 1pm mountain time (tourney is played on site in Ft Collins, CO on two fields)
          we played Tarleton 2x already this year won 11-0 and 10-2 the first weekend in March

the article only lists Maryland as top seed but does not have seeds for the other 7 teams
          it would appear
          Maryland is the 1
          Jacks are 2
          BYU 3
          Iowa 4

in the final RPI
          Maryland was 49 and the Jacks were 50 (not gonna say for sure i am correct, but i believe we started the season at either 45 or 48)

BYU 57
          Iowa 64
          San Jose St 110
          UC Davis 124

I could not find CSU Northridge and Tarleton

FWIW UNO was 97 in the final RPI

More FWIW
          Jacks did beat Final RPI 17 Baylor this year and nearly beat them 2x
          Final RPI 19 Central Arkansas once and nearly 2x

Final RPI 20 Wichita St had them down 3-1 going into bottom of 7

anyway there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO reason for the jacks to go into this tourney expecting anything less than a championship!!!
          last years NSIC champs Baylor was the only team to beat Oklahoma this year and, as I already said finished this season 17 in the final regular season RPI
          Great news, more softball !

Comment

Glanzer is in the portal.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Glanzer is in the portal.
              There has got to be something more to this story. Never heard about an injury all year. Never saw her in the dugout or any team pictures. Unfortunately this isn't overly surprising but sad we lost both the Roosevelt girls after Krista Wood left.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

There has got to be something more to this story. Never heard about an injury all year. Never saw her in the dugout or any team pictures. Unfortunately this isn't overly surprising but sad we lost both the Roosevelt girls after Krista Wood left.
                Did she lose her spot to Lasey in the rotation?
                Last edited by jacks1; 05-16-2023, 10:45 AM.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  Did she lose her spot to Lasey in the rotation?
                  comparing what Grace did the previous years and the season Shannon had this year, Grace is a better pitcher than Shannon so that seems, not impossible, but unlikely. i am not trying to take anything away from Shannon or what she did this year. she is a solid #2 pitcher and from everything i have heard a good teammate! one other fact, Grace did start our second game of the year and pitched the following day. we have not seen her since then, so it appears, up to the point that she was around the team, she was still one of our top 2 pitchers

Grace was the clear third best pitcher in the conference last year (i know she won Pitcher of the year. that was based on stats, but i think every coach knows that TK and Meyer are 1 and 2) Shannon probably comes in a little bit lower in the ranking.

Comment

Working...
                  X