Postseason 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Any good reason to start a game 15 minutes before it starts to rain ? With radar, they had to know that it was a good possibility.
    Watching the Midco broadcast it looked like coach agreed with you. She was pretty hot they were still playing once the rain picked up.

Comment

Any good reason to start a game 15 minutes before it starts to rain ? With radar, they had to know that it was a good possibility.
      my guess, and that is ALL IT IS!! A GUESS

they were surprised that it came down as hard and heavy as it did. it has been raining all week and i think they have barely gotten an inch of rain. so usually it has been more drizzle than rain. again i am guessing. maybe someone from brookings can explain better. maybe there have been some pockets of heavier rain and they could / should have anticipated this one????

but my guess is they wanted to try to get games / game in and they thought any rain would be light and they could play through it

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

Watching the Midco broadcast it looked like coach agreed with you. She was pretty hot they were still playing once the rain picked up.
        can somebody say, did it start raining harder when UNO was batting?
        i could not see rain coming down when we were batting and it was pretty easily visible when we were in the field but i was not willing to assume that was accurate

i am really hoping the outcome of this game is not hugely influenced by one half inning played in heavy enough rain to impact TK ability to hold and control the softball. besides all that the jacks probably would have gotten out of the inning fine if the leadoff batter does not come up with the perfect seeing eye dribbler

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

they were surprised that it came down as hard and heavy as it did. it has been raining all week and i think they have barely gotten an inch of rain. so usually it has been more drizzle than rain. again i am guessing. maybe someone from brookings can explain better. maybe there have been some pockets of heavier rain and they could / should have anticipated this one????

but my guess is they wanted to try to get games / game in and they thought any rain would be light and they could play through it

Given it's a tournament situation, I'm guessing the league officials make the decision when to start games, and when to stop play. Not sure that the umpires have a lot to say, at least not as much as they do in the regular season.

Comment

I was watching the Radar and it looked like everything moved out. Then another cell popped up.

Comment

Given it's a tournament situation, I'm guessing the league officials make the decision when to start games, and when to stop play. Not sure that the umpires have a lot to say, at least not as much as they do in the regular season.
              oh yeah for sure!! i think you are totally accurate on that. the when and the if to play is totally up to the league. obviously lightening takes it out of their hands, but yes i agree with you on the who is making the decisions. i was only speculating about the WHY that you posed in your question

Comment

Tyler made it sound like it was a league decision to play. Once the game started he said it was up the umpires to halt play.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

The weather site I watched specified PATCHES of heavy rain.... so they must have known it was possible they would be one of those "patches" . I don't think they can end the Tournament with a game rained out, and declare a winner can they, it will have to be re-scheduled for another day to pick up where it was left off, unless they can play it yet today of course, if the infield is a big mud hole, I don't see it, it would need time to dry.....right??

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

The weather site I watched specified PATCHES of heavy rain.... so they must have known it was possible they would be one of those "patches" . I don't think they can end the Tournament with a game rained out, and declare a winner can they, it will have to be re-scheduled for another day to pick up where it was left off, unless they can play it yet today of course, if the infield is a big mud hole, I don't see it, it would need time to dry.....right??
                    The NCAA selection show is tonight, so they need some kind of champion named by then.

Comment

The NCAA selection show is tonight, so they need some kind of champion named by then.
                      Bummer, who thought we'd get so many rainy days that coincided with our Tournament, do we have to cut it so close in scheduling our Tournament to a mandatory cutoff if things like the weather go awry, didn't we wait 6 days for the tournament to begin? Just disappointed in the way this Tournament unfolded I guess. Sorry for the whining.

Comment

Jacks are close to putting the bat on those strike swings, hope we can inch closer and get some hits going

Comment

Myer seems to be throwing harder as the game goes on, wish softball had a speed gun, as I say she gets a SO by taking a little steam off her last pitch.

Comment

This game so far is classic batter vs pitcher, very little fielding involved so far, it's a chess match for who can guess right, to throw or hit.

Comment

not having an extremely big impact on the game so far, but seems to me the ump is pretty inconsistent on called strikes up, down, and on the left hand batters box side of the plate

seems WAY BEYOND obvious that the rain was impacting TK last night
                              pitched one third of an inning last night THREE WALKS!!
                              3 and two thirds innings today ZERO WALKS

Comment

well at the end of the day you gotta play in the conditions that you have and you have to find some way to take care of your business

MOST of all the offense needed to put the bat on the ball before the final inning. the offense has been a serious disappointment the whole season

but there is no way to not feel some disgust about losing a game 1-0
                                when the ONLY run scored in the game was scored via 3 walks with the pitcher pitching in wet conditions that neither pitcher had to deal with in ANY OTHER part of the game

TK pitched a total of 6 innings
                                in the first one third in the rain she gave up a very VERY unfortunate seeing eye grounder and three walks
                                in the other 5 and 2/3 she gave up 1 hard hit ball and one walk and uno never had a runner move beyond 1st base

in four tournament games
                                Jacks had 12 hits in the NDSU game
                                in the other 3 games combined we had 7 hits

this team had the talent to win a regional but they never found a way to hit the ball the way that they are capable of on a consistent basis

beyond all that,
                                congratulations to UNO they have been right there for the last two years!! and K Meyer is a player who definitely deserves a chance to be seen in a national tournament

Comment

Working...
                                X