Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5th inning, jacks 5- 1

Comment

5-3 Jacks, USD scores two Really windy yet today.

Comment

Jacks win 5- 3

Comment

Good win after a few days of delays and constant changes in plans. That’s not easy. NDSU at 2 pm next.

Comment

Win and everyone will have 1 loss right? Except us.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Win and everyone will have 1 loss right? Except us.
              winner at 2pm will take the first spot in the championship game tomorrow at 10am and be sitting in the driver seat

loser at 2 will play again tonight

winner of final game tonight advances to tomorrow and would need to win 2x to be champs

R Carillo had good at bats, especially in the first inning with at least 4 foul balls, but ended up 0 for 3 and ended her hitting streak at 24 consecutive games, hopefully she starts a new streak with multiple hits against ndsu

her sister Jocelyn was by far the most dangerous bat of the day for the jacks. only batter not to get up 3x. batting 9th and the final out of the 6th was the 8th batter and the jacks did not need their swings in the 7th. Jocelyn had the grand slam to put the jacks up 5 to 1. she missed another homer, would have been a 2 run shot in the 3rd inning, by 3 feet at the most!

omaha was losing 0-1 to usd in the first elim game. it was in the 3rd inning last i checked

Comment

two questions

1. does anyone know the reason that the number one seed is not the home team throughout the tournament? i was very surprised to see ndsu batting in the bottom of the inning

2. does somebody know what exactly the strike zone is supposed to be in ncaa womens softball?

tori had a one hitter and a VERY good game! but she probably would have thrown a no hitter and been nearly untouchable if the ump was not squeezing her on the top of the zone. to me these are the games that Tori has the most trouble. when she gets an ump who has a tight zone on the top, she is much more vulnerable and has to work WAY WAY harder

seems like that would be a good thing for the staff to try to know when they are deciding which of their two stud pitchers will start which game. if they know there is an ump with a tight top of the strike zone, those would be the games to let Grace start

Tori pitches in and out and high and higher. she does not throw a change, or at least not one that is consistently good. obviously based on Ks and ERA and wins and losses, she can be successful regardless of the ump, but when they do not give her the high strike she has to work so much harder. that is what happened in last year regional against arkansas. the ump would NOT give her the high strike. arkansas was patient on the in and out and they could foul off the lower strikes until they walked or hit something hard

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

winner at 2pm will take the first spot in the championship game tomorrow at 10am and be sitting in the driver seat

loser at 2 will play again tonight

winner of final game tonight advances to tomorrow and would need to win 2x to be champs

R Carillo had good at bats, especially in the first inning with at least 4 foul balls, but ended up 0 for 3 and ended her hitting streak at 24 consecutive games, hopefully she starts a new streak with multiple hits against ndsu

her sister Jocelyn was by far the most dangerous bat of the day for the jacks. only batter not to get up 3x. batting 9th and the final out of the 6th was the 8th batter and the jacks did not need their swings in the 7th. Jocelyn had the grand slam to put the jacks up 5 to 1. she missed another homer, would have been a 2 run shot in the 3rd inning, by 3 feet at the most!

omaha was losing 0-1 to usd in the first elim game. it was in the 3rd inning last i checked
                  Thanks for laying out the whole scenario,LetsGo, we are in the drivers seat.Woohoo !!

Comment

Gm #1 against Omaha,big 5th inning for Omaha, scored 3 runs, Jacks only have 1 hit against Meyer to the 6th , 2 out in bottom of the , score remains 3-0

Comment

Rally in 7th falls short, tying run at home plate with 2 outs , count 2-2 , Rozelyn hit the ball just a hair bit under the ball, got just enough bat on it to pop it up in the infield. Jacks went down fighting. Omaha had to win, their backs were against the wall, and they did. Final 3-0 Omaha. Next game for all the marbles.

Comment

well i thought that grace pitched very well. and i did not think the ump behind the plate did her any favors. she had a LOT of pitches that hit the catcher in the glove, WITHOUT the glove moving, that were called balls

i am not saying that every time the catcher has to move the glove it is a ball, and every time it hits the glove is not a strike!! BUT i do watch the catchers glove a lot. and i do think that the pitcher who is hitting the target more often MOST of the time should get more called strikes. that was NOT the case in game one today

all that said, i thought that Tori was by far the most dominant pitcher yesterday. really without a question she had the most dominant outing of the tournament. including Meyer in the first game today.. Tori very easily could have had a no hitter yesterday. so hopefully she picks up where she left off!! ALSO hopefully we have a different ump than she had yesterday. and i AM NOT saying he did a bad job!! the ump from Tori game vs ndsu yesterday did an EXCELLENT job!! his strike zone was EXTREMEMLY CONSISTENT!! i simply meant that his zone was tight on the top and that is not the best circumstance for Tori who tends to be more of a high strike thrower

hopefully someone can get HOT with the bat. nobody has been hot yet in the tournament. i do not think anyone has more than one hit in any game. P Daugherty should have had two hits in this first game. she was on base twice but they only gave her one hit somehow??? they did not give omaha an error the second time she got on, so i have no idea how they scored that?? so she had a solid game and hopefully can keep it going
                        we have had some girls putting up good at bats without results. R carillo hit the ball to the wall in the first inning but no hit and several good ABs yesterday with nothing to show for it. J Carillo had the same thing yesterday. hopefully someone gets HOT this game or at least the good ABs finally result in hits

so far we have ONLY scored in 2 innings in the whole tourney. it is time a few well hit balls start finding some holes, but for a winner take all game i would also be thinking about making sure the girls who are having the best AB are getting more chances and maybe shaking the lineup a bit

Comment

after one so far so good for Tori. the ump has had a bit bigger zone on the top.

it would be really difficult to face grace and tori back to back. they are so different

grace works down in the zone and changes speeds. tori works up and more up

Comment

the tough luck continues in bottom of two

the jacks hit three balls really well but only one of them finds the grass. but it seems some of the girls are seeing the ball very well off of meyer

Comment

jacks take the lead 1-0
                              lenox swings at ball four to end the inning with a runner on
                              this is the second game the jacks bat in the top of the inning?? why is the number one seed NOT the home team for the entire tourney??

Comment

jacks finally get some hard hit balls to land someplace other than a glove. take a 4-0 lead in top of 5

bottom of five leadoff hitter hits a seeing eye soft liner just over masterson at third. breaks up Tori's no hitter DANG IT

through 5. 15 outs one hit, NO walks!! and TWELVE Ks

if you have watched the games by these top 3 pitchers. Tori, Grace, and K Meyer they are all VERY GOOD!! but if you look at them it is pretty clear at least at this point in time one of them is EASILY the most dominant!
                                Tori is unbelievable and if she has an ump who calls strikes at the top of the zone, she is nearly untouchable

Comment

Working...
                                X