X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks on ESPNU!!!!!

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
    Doc,

Grab Wulf and drive to Milwaukee.  We'll all three go down to the game together.  I'll buy beers.
    The clincher in the whole deal is that my aunt lives in Champaign!! She lives in what is practically a mansion with her husband and one child. She is an SDSU alum and would love a house full of Jackrabbit fans!!

Even more, she knows the Holdrens!! She called to invite us all out when the Holdren family told her the Jacks were playing in Illinois.

Problem, I've got to work that day and at best will be able to sneak out by 4 pm. No way I can get there in time. Not to mention Wulf, ortho surgeons never get a day off and on top of that I don't think he bleeds blue. There is still some orange from his Lennox days.

So, I have a place to stay, a chance to talk BB with the Holdrens, and the opportunity to sit in Assembly Hall that I will not be taking. THings that make you go hmmmmm......
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Yet another place to watch he Jacks this Sunday if you don't have ESPNU in your home.

Originally posted by Jacks02
      I just heard from a friend that Champ's Sports Bar in Sioux Falls will be having the Kentucky game and have reserved a table "in front of their biggest TV" for Sunday night at 7:00 for the game. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it as I'll be up north deer hunting this weekend, but I'm hoping to get back to my parent's place early enough to watch it on satellite.

Go Jacks!
      So here is the list that folks have posted so far:

Brookings - Cubby's
      Huron - Big D's Sports Bar
      Kansas City - 810 Zone (Leawood, KS)
      Pierre - Jake's
      Sioux Falls - Champps

Good stuff, anyone else know of a local watering hole that will have the game so the Jackrabbit faithful can take over?

Go State! ;D

Comment

Anyone got a location in the Twin Cities they're watching the game at???
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I need to make some calls around Rochester. Thus far I've checked with 3 places with DirectTV, none carry the sportspak/ESPNU.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks_Backer
            Big D's Sports Bar in Huron, SD has Direct TV and it will be on channel 609. Not sure if anyone on this board cares except for me. It sounds like we will have 15-20 Jackrabbit faithful there to watch.
            Hey, I'm a Huron native now in Kansas City . . . you bet I care.

It's up to you to build the fan base, one by one, in towns like Huron. Talk a friend or two into meeting you at Big D's. Tell them you'll buy a round for the house if SDSU wins, or just tell him you'll buy him a shot if an SDSU player puts down a dunk. Whatever . . . get 'em hooked, then reel 'em in!

Towns like Huron are where D-I SDSU athletics will succeed in or fail in South Dakota. It sounds like you've got a real good start with your 15-20 possible attendees.

Go Rabbits!
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
              I think it is great that everyone is posting where they are going to watch the game. I will be watching in my basement on the big screen, and I know they will have it on at the 810 Zone in Leawood, KS for those without ESPNU in the KC area.

Go State! ;D
              Hm . . . I in Lee's Summit was also going to watch (hopefully with my Snookums) on my basement big-screen, but if there are any KC-area lurkers on the board who plan to make it to the 810 Zone, I could be talked into changing my plans ;D
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

That's great about your Aunt living in Champaign. The Holdren's are planning on the whole team coming over to their house after the Illinois game. I wonder if Jack fans are invited too! Coach Weber lives in the same subdivision - who knows what could happen!!

Comment

Working...
                X