Jacks on ESPNU!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks on ESPNU!!!!!

The November 13th opener at Kentucky will be broadcast live on ESPN U. That is great news. ;D

Re: Jacks on ESPNU!!!!!

Additionally, the first two rounds of the Guardians Classic, Nov. 13-14 at Rupp Arena, will be shown live by ESPNU and tape-delayed by the Big Blue Sports Network.

11-13-2005 Sun South Dakota State (ESPNU) Lexington, Ky. 08:00 pm
    11-14-2005 Mon N. Colorado/Lipscomb (ESPNU) Lexington, Ky. 08:00 pm

Comment

That is great news, thanks for posting it and welcome to the board.

http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php...ange_well_id=2

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I don't know the exact schedule of the games, but the last post on this topic can't be right. The Jackrabbits play University of Kentucky on Sunday, November 13, and Lipscomb and Northern Colorado also play on Sunday, November 13. The 8 p.m. time for the Jacks game may be right, since it is likely the Wildcats will play the second game.

The two winners and the two losers will then play on Monday, November 14. The winner of the regional tournament then goes to Kansas City for the final four of the Guardian Classic.

My wife and I will be in Rupp Arena to watch SDSU play in that hallowed arena! Hallalujah!!

Comment

I think how you would need to read this is that ESPNU is broadcasting SDSU vs. Kentucky on the 13th at 8:00 pm and on the 14th they are broadcasting  the winner of SDSU vs. Kentucky against the Winner of Lipscomb vs. UNC at 8:00 pm.  The two first round teams that lost will also play each other on the 14th but that game will not be shown on ESPNU.  At least that is how I took it.

Or the alternative is that Kentucky win or lose will play at 8:00 pm both nights and ESPNU will be showing Kentucky win or lose at 8:00 pm (First night against SDSU, second night vs. either UNC or Lipscomb). Either way SDSU is going to be on ESPNU!!!!!  

Here is a link to the Guardians Classic Brackets:

http://www.gazellegroup.com/guardians/bracket05.pdf

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Kentucky plays at 8pm both nights. Thats why it says Northern Colorado/Lipscomb Nov. 14th at 8pm. Hopefully the Jacks game on Monday is on TV also. I guess we will see.

Comment

That makes sense -- after posting yesterday, I put that together and realized that was probably what was meant. Assume they will show only the Kentucky game and expect Kentucky to win. So all we need to do is upset them and get on again on Monday night!

Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Looks like we will be on national TV at least twice this season. 8)

http://www.collegesports.com/sports/...083005aae.html

All the games at the Kentucky regional will be broadcast nationally on ESPNU, ESPN's new all-college sports channel.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Oh I am glad to see that. I was afraid the 2nd game wouldn't be on. So this is great news!

Comment

ESPNU has picked up the Jacks game against Illinois. That means that SDSU will be on National TV three times in the month of November. 8)

Nov. 13th - Kentucky
                    Nov. 14th - Lipscomb or Northern Colorado - TBD
                    Nov. 18th - Illinois

Go State! ;D

Comment

Very nice! It would be great if we could pull a shocker for the country to see.

Comment

Does Cubby's or anyone else in Brookings carry ESPNU? I'm thinking we should be having a party!

How exciting to have SDSU on TV playing a national powerhouse!!!

Can you imagine what it would be like to pull off an upset? Hey, it never hurts to dream big! It's not a matter of if, but when that happens.

Good luck to Coach Nagy and the whole team!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

There has to be sports bars at least in SF that would have ESPNU - Anyone know of anyplace in SF or Brookings that has it?

Comment

I called Cubby's and the guy told me they have ESPNU and will have the Kentucky/SDSU game Sunday. He was not sure about the other two games Monday and Friday. I'm guessing if they have ESPNU that they will have the games Monday and Friday. ;D ;D

Comment

Thanks for the update and see you at Cubby's on Sunday. I'll be wearing the yellow and the blue and wielding a properly tuned cowbell!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X