Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rotation and stuff...

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
    Although I am in agreement about White's talent, I think he's a year away yet from logging 25-30 minutes per game. I'll say somewhere around 20 minutes per game this year.
    I would say that White is a year away if he was going to be a true freshman, but after a redshirt year in which he actually saw some playing time, I think he'll be ready to be a major contributor sooner rather than later.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Coach N seems pretty fired up

http://twitter.com/CoachNagy

Three days of practice & one thing that's evident is we will be a very versatile team this year because our bigs are really skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        I would say that White is a year away if he was going to be a true freshman, but after a redshirt year in which he actually saw some playing time, I think he'll be ready to be a major contributor sooner rather than later.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see

I'm not saying he won't be a big contributor this year. I agree he will be. IMO he won't be averaging 25-30 minutes a game.

Comment

Chad White intrigues me. I never really saw him play all that much in high school, and obviously didn't get to see too much of him last year, so I don't know very much about his game.

For someone that knows, what's his game like?
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The guards and starters I think will be the most ovbvious strength of this team. Wolters and Sargent and Moss. The bigs I think will be very very good but as a unit it may be tough to get on the same page to start the year. We lose a lot of talent but feel we gain in ability and fresh starts. Will miss the seniors for sure and Palarca was better then he got credit for AC just had a tough year but thats a lot to replace with a few freshman.

hope Sarg shoots better this year then the way he ended last year. I think his drop off in shooting was was hurt us the most. Hope the team is hitting the weight room and fired up. this could be a make or break year if you ask me.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Any word on how the practice and team is preparing for the Canada trip. TV mentioned they have had a few practices, wondering if anyone close to the situation could shed some light on to what is the team is shaping into.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Here is what I see as a rotation, at least at the beginning of the year:

PG-Wolters, Stephenson, Carlson, Tivis
                SG-Sargent, White, Carlson
                SF-White, Moss, Callahan
                PF-Callahan, Heemstra, Dykstra, Fiegen
                C-Fiegen, Dykstra, Heemstra, (I believe we will have a nice 3 man rotation at the PF-Center spots to keep people fresh, and if necessary Pederson can come in and bang people for a little while as long as there are other scorers on the floor)

I would love to see a lineup of Wolters, Sargent, Heemstra, Dykstra, Fiegen subbing to Wolters, White, Moss, Callahan, Fiegen-Dykstra. Or from tall/long to small/quick/shooters, you get the idea. It would be an amazing change of styles that I think a lot of teams would struggle with, especially if Wolters can control/change the pace of the game from the point.

We have a lot of guys who can shoot the three on this team: Wolters, White, Sargent, Callahan, Carlson, Heemstra, and Dykstra. Heemstra and Dykstra's outside shot will really be important this year, IMO. It could really be an equalizer when we play schools like Oakland, Minnesota, and Iowa with true bigs.

I don't think we have anyone who is a back-to-the-basket type of player, and that is just fine for the league we play in as long as we defend and rebound at Nagy approved levels.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                X