Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thanks, Kai Garrett & Mark

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
    Thanks for the comments and thanks for the memories...
    Right back atcha.

Comment

What everyone has said. Three quality young men that have made SDSU and fans proud by their integrity and hard work. That matters more to me that a few W/L's as those come an go.

Comment

A huge THANK YOU for everyone out there who supported Garrett, Griff and their teammates these last 4 years. A lot has been said already about the ups and downs they have had, but when all is said and done, I believe this. I never doubted them. They knew what a winning program was and what it took to get it there. They have a love for the game that is not all about points and how many times they get the ball, but about the chemistry of the coaches, their assitants and the players they bring in. They have been the leaders on and off the court. They have listened to others on the team and tried to help where they could. They have had to listen to the negativity which comes along with trying to help keep a team together. I talked to Garrett the night before what was to be their last game. I had asked him if he was coming home after the game and he said to me, " mom, we're going to the Big Dance!" That is the way he is, and I for a moment, forgot. I felt terrible and I said to him, I believe you will and we will be there! It was very hard for us afterwords. For Garrett because he tried so hard, for Griff because they might not play together again, and for our family because it was a dream that they both shared. Our family wishes Kai and Mark the best that life has to offer! To their teammates wishing you the best in the up coming season! Memories are great to have, and we have many! Thank you everyone!!!

Comment

When SDSU gets to the tournament, there are a few alums from the past few years that deserve to be part of that experience one way or another, and this year's seniors are three of them.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by bbalggc View Post
              A huge THANK YOU for everyone out there who supported Garrett, Griff and their teammates these last 4 years. A lot has been said already about the ups and downs they have had, but when all is said and done, I believe this. I never doubted them. They knew what a winning program was and what it took to get it there. They have a love for the game that is not all about points and how many times they get the ball, but about the chemistry of the coaches, their assitants and the players they bring in. They have been the leaders on and off the court. They have listened to others on the team and tried to help where they could. They have had to listen to the negativity which comes along with trying to help keep a team together. I talked to Garrett the night before what was to be their last game. I had asked him if he was coming home after the game and he said to me, " mom, we're going to the Big Dance!" That is the way he is, and I for a moment, forgot. I felt terrible and I said to him, I believe you will and we will be there! It was very hard for us afterwords. For Garrett because he tried so hard, for Griff because they might not play together again, and for our family because it was a dream that they both shared. Our family wishes Kai and Mark the best that life has to offer! To their teammates wishing you the best in the up coming season! Memories are great to have, and we have many! Thank you everyone!!!
              I dont think the Callahans brothers would be the contributors to the SDSU men's bb program were it not for their support system back home. I think parents deserve a big thank you for supporting their son's decision to come to SDSU and continuely coming to games out on the prairie week after week. That takes gas and money so I really want to thank you for that. I believe SDSU fans have enjoyment of watching Griffin a couple more years and I look forward to that. He is a tough hombre on the court. I met him once too, so impression I have is that he is real nice young man.

Comment

I too want to echo the sentiments of the others on the board. These men have done so much for SDSU and laid a D-I foundation for our school and program. Thank you to them all. They are now and will forever be Jackrabbits!

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                X