Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU v. IPFW - Summit League 1st Round

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Well I was sitting right in front of you, Filbert, and I thought the crowd was pretty good. There were several instances where pretty much all 5,000 SDSU fans in the house were chanting "let's go rabbits". At other times, the entire place stood up to urge on the defense. It was loud when it needed to be loud, and it was quiet when it needed to be quiet (free throws). TV kept mentioning on his blog (was following on my iPod) how great the crowd was. He's generally not one to sugar coat things.

I have been a fan at Iowa, Purdue, and Oklahoma. Honestly, their fans are no different than ours. Yes, it's louder at Williams and Allen. But then again, there are three times as many fans in those arenas than there were in the SF Arena last night. There seems to be a mentality among some great fans like yourself that the rest of us are "bad" fans because we don't stand for the entire game. When the people in front of me sit down, I do to, so as not to block things for the people behind me. But I'm cheering along with the "dee-fense" "let's go rabbits" or "SDSU" cheers. I was hoarse when I went home last night.

There were a few people in our section who were better fans than the rest, but overall, the crowd was pretty darned good. I think our fans are finally starting to catch on. It takes time, and a lot of wins, to build up a mentality among fans (particularly stoic midwesterners) that they can impact the game by cheering for their team.

Chris Paul seems to feel like the crowd had quite an impact on the women's game. I have come to appreciate his honesty as well.
    I agree, I thought the crowd was pretty solid all night last night. Obviously there were some lulls, but overall I thought it was good.

Comment

Kai and Garrett did everything they could to will this team to a win and it just didn't happen and I have to say I was pretty angry yesterday at everyone else but them. Clint Sargent better watch that game all off season because he has some making up to do. I don't know what was worse, his offense or his defense. Goat of the day, I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

To give up those drives to the basket over and over again, come on! The lack of presence down low was glaring. And then when they did collapse, wide open guy under the bucket. And the two offensive rebounds IPFW got late were absolute killers. Get one of those and the game is the other direction.

The horrid shooting is really what did them in. They offensively rebounded well, defensive was sketchy. They didn't turn the ball over. They just didn't shoot the way a winning team needed to.

On the crowd. I've come to see that SDSU is just getting too soft. Those guys from NDSU standing in the end zone may appear to be a-holes, but they make noise and yell all game. They just need to hold back on taunting fans in the opponent's gym. They're probably lucky they haven't been asked to "go outside" doing that. Where are the Jacks fans that never shut up the whole game? They're quiet because 10 other people around them are pissing and moaning about having to stand up and actually seem to be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
        kai and garrett did everything they could to will this team to a win and it just didn't happen and i have to say i was pretty angry yesterday at everyone else but them. Clint sargent better watch that game all off season because he has some making up to do. I don't know what was worse, his offense or his defense. Goat of the day, i'm sorry, but it's the truth.

To give up those drives to the basket over and over again, come on! The lack of presence down low was glaring. And then when they did collapse, wide open guy under the bucket. And the two offensive rebounds ipfw got late were absolute killers. Get one of those and the game is the other direction.

The horrid shooting is really what did them in. They offensively rebounded well, defensive was sketchy. They didn't turn the ball over. They just didn't shoot the way a winning team needed to.

On the crowd. I've come to see that sdsu is just getting too soft. Those guys from ndsu standing in the end zone may appear to be a-holes, but they make noise and yell all game. They just need to hold back on taunting fans in the opponent's gym. They're probably lucky they haven't been asked to "go outside" doing that. Where are the jacks fans that never shut up the whole game? They're quiet because 10 other people around them are pissing and moaning about having to stand up and actually seem to be interested.
        word!

Comment

The only bad part about this game was sitting in the same section T with the stupid drunk NDSU fans right next to us. that got old real quick. They sure know how to be obnoxious(SP). I was glad to see NDSU lose so we did not have to see them again. Was rather suprised by the NDSU fan turnout, that was not good. Can only wait to see what kind of attendance the tourney gets in SF once USD is in. Not that they will be great but if regional teams avg well over 5000 fans for several games, that would be really cool to see. Just wish we could have had a chance to watch the men play twice again this year.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
          X