Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: @ ipfw gdt

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    So,...with the minutes Casey got in this game, think he'll have to take a shower?

(Just in case someone reading this thread is not familiar with this year's and last year's rosters: Casey MacKenzie was a senior last year. Not on the team this year except in the books of IPFW.)

I'm voting for Casey MacKenzie for the "Jackrabbit Pride" award...name another player who has put in such an effort while not even being on the roster!
    I really liked his effort. I think he really keyed the near-comeback. Give the guy the game ball for today.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Casey's final stats from the IPFW site:

4 of 8 from the field;
      1 of 2 for three pointers;
      2 of 3 free throws;
      5 rebounds;
      4 assists;
      2 fouls;
      11 total points.

Sign that guy up!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Just in case someone reading this thread is not familiar with this year's and last year's rosters: Casey MacKenzie was a senior last year. Not on the team this year except in the books of IPFW.
        Not to be nitpicky, but there was no Casey Mackenzie on last year's team....there was a MacKenzie Casey.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Nagy not happy with how the team is starting to shutdown for practices and games.

They better find a way to get up for the last two or it will not be good heading into the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            Not to be nitpicky, but there was no Casey Mackenzie on last year's team....there was a MacKenzie Casey.
            That makes me feel better; I thought we were going to get in trouble with the NCAA for using an ineligible player. So this Casey Mackenzie guy, is he a football player that we had to borrow for a game?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              Ooops. You're absolutely right. The IPFW site had the name correct: Casey, MacKenzie. Geez, I can't even make a joke correctly, today!

Comment

Off topic, but does anybody know if our recent addition is also moonlighting as a HS basketball referee? I swear it was MacKenzie reffing the other night.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                  Off topic, but does anybody know if our recent addition is also moonlighting as a HS basketball referee? I swear it was MacKenzie reffing the other night.
                  It's possible. He was enrolled in a master's program last year. Most likely, he hasn't completed it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    I hate IPFW. I'm not sure if I mentioned that earlier.
                    Another Jack fan that hates on another team they play. This is not an uncommon theme in Jacks game thread posts. Of course if the Jacks would have won IPFW would have likely been a very respectable institution. Not to specifically call out you Filbert but for many Jacks fans it's only been five years into D1 and I certainly hear alot of hating and disrespecting. I almost never hear Coyote fans hating on the teams they play. Just an observation.

I believe in respecting other teams whether the Yotes beat them or not. Even if the Yotes might be considered a 20 point favorite in a particular game I usually hear USD coaches and players giving the upmost respect to other teams. I didn't hear this at all from the Jacks womens team when they were getting ready for USD. I didn't hear many fans that though USD could keep within double digits of the Jacks eventhough they did for much of the game until the end.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                      I almost never hear Coyote fans hating on the teams they play. Just an observation.
                      ...maybe it's because your message board has like 6 members. Just an observation.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Another Jack fan that hates on another team they play. This is not an uncommon theme in Jacks game thread posts. Of course if the Jacks would have won IPFW would have likely been a very respectable institution. Not to specifically call out you Filbert but for many Jacks fans it's only been five years into D1 and I certainly hear alot of hating and disrespecting. I almost never hear Coyote fans hating on the teams they play. Just an observation.

I believe in respecting other teams whether the Yotes beat them or not. Even if the Yotes might be considered a 20 point favorite in a particular game I usually hear USD coaches and players giving the upmost respect to other teams. I didn't hear this at all from the Jacks womens team when they were getting ready for USD. I didn't hear many fans that though USD could keep within double digits of the Jacks eventhough they did for much of the game until the end.
                        Huh... so you never hear Coyote fans disrespecting their opponents. Interesting.

Filbert isn't shouting "F*** the Bunnies" in front of an arena full of people. He's posting a tongue-in-cheek comment on HIS OWN discussion board.

"F*** the Bunnies": That's the USD version of respect for opponents.

Oh, by the way: SDSU won the Summit League Sportsmanship Trophy last year. So basically, your entire post is a load of crap, as usual.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

You are unaware of the concept of a "running joke" apparently . . .
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            You are unaware of the concept of a "running joke" apparently . . .
                            And yeah, I know "if you have to explain the joke, maybe it wasn't that funny in the first place" but I'm not sure that saying takes into account the utter lack of sense of humor of some people, who simply can't find anything at all the least little bit humorous.

So, I'll explain, and in so doing, kill the joke:

First, I really like absurdist humor. Monty Python, MST3K, and Firesign Theater are my humor foundations. (I jovially despise slapstick, on the other hand.)

Now, when SDSU was adrift on the stormy sea of transition, we had our built-in rivalry with NDSU. But I thought that it would increase interest--or at least amusement, on my part, anyway--to select another team we played pretty much every year to do me some personal hatin' on (note that's hatin', not hating. Hatin' has a humor content. Perhaps this is where we have all gone astray.)

Anyway, after it became apparent that IPFW was establishing a tradition of kicking the holy crap out of the SDSU men's basketball team at their place, I decided that they were the perfect school to become the object of my hatin'.

They have, sadly, not yet disappointed me.

But, the (absurdist) humor aspect of it is that there's really no particularly good reason for me to single out IPFW for hatin' vs. any other Summit League school. I've been there, been to Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, and it's really a pretty nice campus and nice basketball venue, and the people seemed like really good people, too. And yet I hate 'em. 'Cause they're really bad hosts to our men's basketball team, mainly. They really ought to let us win there every so often.

THAT'S the running joke.

My apologies if that's too nuanced for some to comprehend.

But I still hate IPFW.

And if you don't agree with me, you're probably someone who's never watched Red Eye with Greg Gutfield, and so you probably torture kittens.

(That last sentence was humor, too, by the way, in case any cat lovers stumble on this thread.)
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Not sure what to say about this game, but I guess I'm happy it wasn't lost in the same way the last two were...though those were better all-around efforts. Going into the weekend, it was a game we could/should have won, and I'm worried about the mindset of the team after losing three straight. And I I'm concerned there's nobody -- no leader, nobody mentally tough (stubborn?) enough -- to step up and take control of the attitude or a crucial game situation. We need to take advantage of chances at home to turn the tide and get a little mo for the conference tournament. Let's go, Rabbits!
                              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I didn't hear many fans that though USD could keep within double digits of the Jacks eventhough they did for much of the game until the end.
                                Turn the page man. It's over. You lost. Yes, your coach had a great game plan. Yes, the game was very close to begin with. But...then you got rocked the way our Women's Team rocks all mediocre, smaller, under athletic teams. These are facts. You're a broken record that needs to be fixed.

And his post was meant to be funny like, "Gosh I HATE it when my neighbor shovels, now I have to." after a dusting of snow.

Comment

Working...
                                X