• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU Day

goodnight

Comment

And both basketball streaks continue....
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

So many things to say, but...no sympathy for the loss. None whatsoever. The first half performance was unacceptable...21 percent shooting at home. Kai continues to miss crucial free throws. Could have won in regulation or OT with a foul, but...poor coaching/decision-making. No reason to have sympathy for the seniors' 0-8 record against the Bison. At crunch time, NDSU did everything right that we did wrong. I'm sure my comments will rub people the wrong way, but there really is no excuse for tonight's loss...shabby officiating or not. How many layups were missed in the first half? How many times did Palarca fail to finish? Pick any 10 mistakes, because they were all huge.
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I don't know I thought it was a good game until bout 5:00 min. left when the officials took it out of the players and put it in their hands. It went from a men's game to a junior high girls game. Yeah they didn't make freethrows (wasn't just Kai it was the whole team, Wolters missed 1, Sargent missed a couple, Feigen missed 1)....

Comment

This loss was on us! Don't blame the officials, look in the mirror!

Comment

There still is a possibilty of a rematch during the Summit. NDSU is not bad but they are not goood either. We need to find ways to defend Carlson and Zastrow both or they will do it to us again.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                  This loss was on us! Don't blame the officials, look in the mirror!
                  Actually it was both. Having been to the game, I watched how inconsistent the refs were live. Touch fouls being called sometimes, physical fouls called sometimes. Sometimes I was just wondering what game the refs were actually watching. The Jacks had to foul at the end of regulation. You can't let them get a 3 up. The 3 by Vaughn was a horrible shot and the ball just happened to bounce over to #13. I agree that part was the Jacks fault.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    There still is a possibilty of a rematch during the Summit. NDSU is not bad but they are not goood either. We need to find ways to defend Carlson and Zastrow both or they will do it to us again.
                    Yeah I can just see it now... a 1st round loss in the Summit Tournament to the friggin' Bison.

Comment

Only if we hand it to them again!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        Only if we hand it to them again!
                        Precisely defensively we did a better job on Carlson in the second half, but as coach said we shot terrible in the first half, plus we got beat on the free throw line. Carlson and Zestrow, and these guys are going to be around for awhile.

Comment

Certainly Zastrow killed us tonight.

He did something tonight that I've wanted to see someone do for a long time...something I've always said a fouled out player should do. And it, more than all the points he scored, doomed the Jackrabbits.

In first OT I believe? Zastrow gets his 5th foul, Sargent goes to the line....dumbass students chanting "left, right, left, right, left right...."

Zastrow , and a HUGE kudos to him from me (I just wish it didn't happen to the Jacks).....waits until Sargent is delivering his first free throw.....DUMBASS students, more concerned with what's going on on the Bison bench then what's happening on the free throw line, yelll SIT DOWN right as Sargent releases....Sargent misses...ballgame (in my eyes).
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

i refuse to blame the refs for a loss. we should have fouled in the last seconds, twice. the refs pi$$ed me off but the loss is on us. it was a fun crowd , however. cant wait till monday night.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              Certainly Zastrow killed us tonight.

He did something tonight that I've wanted to see someone do for a long time...something I've always said a fouled out player should do. And it, more than all the points he scored, doomed the Jackrabbits.

In first OT I believe? Zastrow gets his 5th foul, Sargent goes to the line....dumbass students chanting "left, right, left, right, left right...."

Zastrow , and a HUGE kudos to him from me (I just wish it didn't happen to the Jacks).....waits until Sargent is delivering his first free throw.....DUMBASS students, more concerned with what's going on on the Bison bench then what's happening on the free throw line, yelll SIT DOWN right as Sargent releases....Sargent misses...ballgame (in my eyes).

Now that is funny. I didn't think it was when Sargent released it. I was thinking the same thing during that point.

Comment

I know TV would record the post game interviews, but since he was not there today does anyone know if the Argus or Brooking Register are going to post the interviews. I would like to know what Nagy had to say about the last couple of possessions at the end of regulation and end of the first OT.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                                X