Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NDSU Day

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Not sure how an ORU-SDSU game should have a bearing on a judgment of relative want-to between NDSU and SDSU
    Simple. You didn't qualify your assertion that NDSU was 'mentally tougher' than SDSU.

SDSU has staged several comeback wins this year, NDSU has not. AFAIK, NDSU's only 2nd half comeback wins have been vs. SDSU.

Speaking categorically based on two games and in terms as vague as 'mental toughness'.... It's just not something I'd do.

Comment

I think something lacking here in this match-up talk is coaching. It seems Phillips has been out coaching Nagy the past few games. Which helps make up for some of NDSUs deficiencies. I do not mean this as smack at all, but take Kai Williams for example. He is not a very good defender and in all honesty he plays weak at times. Again, not smack. Just an observation. Our game plan at least the past two games has been to go right at him with Eric Carlson. Carlson is a tough, blue collar type player. The game up in Fargo we got the ball right to Carlson, he scored our first 6 points of that game as we got off on a great start. Down in Brookings once again we got off to a great start. Carlson was our leading scorer with 24. Just thought I'd point that out. I think you guys had the game won. All you had to do was foul before our threes came, Nagy decided not to, which came back to bite.

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
        It seems Phillips has been out coaching Nagy the past few games.
        Pretty hard to judge game planning when the players don't execute.

Comment

great game honestly thought we would have lost this but want to point something out. I was sitting with a few bison fans one of my buddies i admit was being a lil extra loud he was chanting back at the fans but most ignored it. One jack fan threw his coke at my buddy i was appalled this was a class less act on his part the guy looked 50 I know 99% of jack fans are class but if this guy posts on here he should be ashamed. Complete class less act
          Your friend was also doing the "suck it" hand gesture to a group of 12 year olds.

My favorite chant from the Bison faithful was the "Montana" chant. Hilarious to try to bring football up against a team that has beaten you 3 times in a row and when you won less than 5 games last year.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
            Your friend was also doing the "suck it" hand gesture to a group of 12 year olds.
            Pretty sure he did not do the "suck it" gesture. Even if he did I doubt he was doing it towards 12 year olds. I'm guessing if it did happen it was towards the 55 year old that flipped us off and threw a coke at us.

Comment

Pretty sure he did not do the "suck it" gesture. Even if he did I doubt he was doing it towards 12 year olds. I'm guessing if it did happen it was towards the 55 year old that flipped us off and threw a coke at us.
              I actually saw the NDSU fan doing that gesture (the suck it one). It looked like it was directed towards the student section, but I don't know where the other fan in question was located.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post

My favorite chant from the Bison faithful was the "Montana" chant. Hilarious to try to bring football up against a team that has beaten you 3 times in a row and when you won less than 5 games last year.
                3 Times in a Row, that's one thing. Another is that they haven't won a football game in Brookings in over a decade. Just an observation I have made.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I was going to stay out of this conversation with this guy. But if you were one of the 5 morons standing in front of the crowd of SDSU fans, you deserved more than just a coke thrown in your face.
                  You'll look back on your actions that night and it will be a rewind moment for you, I promise....we've all had them and they usually come from when you're 18 to 24 years old.

BTW...when the 4 SDSU football players went and sat down behind you, you should be thanking the UPD that they came over and had a few words. It would have been the 4th beatdwon NDSU fans have taken by the SDSU football team in the past 3 seasons!! I can't say I would've felt one bit sorry for anyone of you.

Go Jacks!!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I heard the 4 football players didnt do anything, because their hands were still on their own throats from the montana game. Again, thats' what a ndsu fan just Pm'd me on here.
                    Im sure its the same posse of ndsu fans that were in the front row for the ndsu/gophers football game starting all the raucous. They are notorious for following ndsu everywhere for big games. A college kid in a #8 jersey.

From Moderator: Please don't respond to this. I've banned CCdeville. JackJD
                    Last edited by JackJD; 02-16-2010, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                      I was going to stay out of this conversation with this guy. But if you were one of the 5 morons standing in front of the crowd of SDSU fans, you deserved more than just a coke thrown in your face.
                      You'll look back on your actions that night and it will be a rewind moment for you, I promise....we've all had them and they usually come from when you're 18 to 24 years old.

BTW...when the 4 SDSU football players went and sat down behind you, you should be thanking the UPD that they came over and had a few words. It would have been the 4th beatdwon NDSU fans have taken by the SDSU football team in the past 3 seasons!! I can't say I would've felt one bit sorry for anyone of you.

Go Jacks!!
                      If I am talking about the same person, the one doing the 'suck it' gesture was about 4-5 rows up.
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
                        I heard the 4 football players didnt do anything, because their hands were still on their own throats from the montana game. Again, thats' what a ndsu fan just Pm'd me on here.
                        Im sure its the same posse of ndsu fans that were in the front row for the ndsu/gophers football game starting all the raucous. They are notorious for following ndsu everywhere for big games. A college kid in a #8 jersey.
                        He was the one UPD/police were having a long discussion with in the south east corner.

Comment

...still in college at age 35? Oh well, if the mods let your garbage go thru, what do I care?
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Mods, How much longer do we have to put up with this garbage?
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

hey, not smacking. I just think both you and me have the same 'venom' towards the same person. a bison fan pm'd me that story on here about the sdsu fball players, sorry, i was just passing it along, not smack at all. no reason for me to be punished, i have been more than upstanding on this website.

Comment

It's 12:35 a.m. Tuesday and I'm reading for the first time the recent posts on this thread.

CCdeville is banned for smacking in a non-smack thread.

Added later: Since CCdeville is now banned, I suggest those reading the posts for the first time just ignore them. Carry on! JackJD
                                Last edited by JackJD; 02-16-2010, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X