Missouri-Kansas City Kangaroos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missouri-Kansas City Kangaroos

is this one of your better games, or is this normal for you guys.....you are tearing up our zone....

Comment

Shot better than 50%, boards advantage 21-11. Points advantage equal to the boards. Looks like they have gone a little deeper using 9 guys vs our 7.

Can Gilbert play the 4? I suspect we will have to get Berte, Beran and Loney some rest. Cadwell and Heine can probably play 35 min plus. Nagy doesn't seem to have any more patience for Frias, can't blame him.

I think we'll have to see more of Kleinjan, Gilbert, Cadwell, Heine, plus a frontcourt guy in the second half. Need to continue to get to the line and make the FT's.

If we can come out of the locker room hot we might be able to open this lead to 18-20 and wear them out. Keep hitting the boards.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROOM
        not trying to start confrontation,,,,but expect day and blackwell to make a little run... these 2 are best guards in our programs history,, and in our conference...They played terrible the first half....
        Well aware of the potential talent in your backcourt. The 3's just aren't falling and it sounds like they are forcing it a bit. That is partly related to our defense. We need to continue to pressure the ball and make the guards make decisions/turn it over.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROOM
          is this one of your better games, or is this normal for you guys.....you are tearing up our zone....
          Better than recent history. The Heien kid has really lit a fire on offense. We've been pretty good defensively but have been getting killed by turnovers and missed shots. Lower the turnovers and make some shots and we're suddenly a pretty good team.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks clobbering UMKC on the boards, 30-15. Lead is 12, 52-40.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Starting to turn the ball over in the second half, lead down to 5. We need a big shot to drop to get things going again.

Comment

Nailbiter time . . . 6:27 to go, Jacks up by 6 with the ball . . . need to play some smart basketball . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

4:10 to go, 63-57 Jacks with the ball . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Missing too many free throws . . . need to have someone hit a shot . . . 64-58 Jacks, 3:18 to go
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

67-61 Jacks, 33 seconds to go, according to CNNSI.com

Comment

Jacks Win! 8)

Final Score

SDSU 72 - UMKC 65

Go State! ;D

Comment

Six seconds left, Jacks up by six, Kleinjan on the line . . .

Hits one of two, Jacks 71, UMKC 65 . . .

That's your final.

Whew.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Sounds like a great game. I wasn't able to hear it, the internet feed wasn't working for me.

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX
                              Sounds like a great game. I wasn't able to hear it, the internet feed wasn't working for me.
                              Good game for the Rabbits. It'll be interesting to hear Nagy's comments. Also the game is on tape delay here in Kansas City after Monday Night Football on 810 WHB, if you want to stay up reeeeaaaaaalllll late . . .

http://www.810whb.com/
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Nagy's comments:

UMKC didn't have much fight in them tonight, we were fortunate. We didn't do it pretty in the end, free throws were frustrating.

Every game, we can't score for the first five minutes.

Eric (Heien) is just a good basketball player. What he's doing is he's opening up things for other people. It's like other people are guarding Eric now.

Ben should have had 25 if he hit free throws. Did a great job on the glass.

Don't know situation with Cadwell, last year he got a concussion. He'll be OK, he'll be able to get some rest. Main concern is that he'll do what he's able to do during test week.

Put Eric on Day, did a great job on him.

Halftime, talked about playing better in first five minutes, if we could have put it on them early they'd have quit.

They went man-man, but had to go back to zone. I have a team that's not used to play with a lead--you almost have to shoot layups all the time, it's not grinding it out, it's just getting better shots.

We're still only our fifth game into playing without Holdren, it seems like forever ago, when you look at our progression, we're playing better, we're figuring out how to play without Steve. Now our kids have figured it out and are starting to believe again.

We have a couple of days off now, I need it more than them. They need it badly, physically. They have finals. It's a perfect break for us. Maybe practice Thu and Fri.

We've been wanting to play in Sioux Falls, our students won't be in Brookings. Obviously Sioux Falls is important to SDSU, maybe some people who won't come up to Brookings will come out.

My feet need a break tonight, I did some stompin' tonight.

A much happier Nagy . . .
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X