Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks have the flu bug?

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    There is serious speculation of food poisoning that occurred from a buffet in Las Vegas on the return trip from SUU last week. A bus driver and Grad Assistant Kleinjan were quite ill, Kleinjan was taken to the hospital. I don't think any of the players were effected (affected?).
    IMHO that's at least as likely as the flu or other communicable virus, but I'm no immunologist, so take my opinion for what it's worth . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

With respect to H1N1, its real, get the vaccination especially if you are under the age of 60. H1N1 does not seem to infect older patients but it certainly can.

The seasonal flu will be coming, it is different. Everyone greater than age 50 needs the seasonal flu vaccine, get it now. If you have chronic health problems or live with or care for someone with health problems, the elderly of the very young get the seasonal flu vaccine now.

H1N1 and seasonal flu can be associated with upset stomach, nausea and vomiting but these are not prominent symptoms of what is primarily a respiratory illness. High fever, profound body aches, sore throat and non-productive (dry) cough are the typical symptoms of the flu. Vomiting and diarrhea have been more commonly reported with H1N1 than with seasonal flu. I suspect our guys had gastroenteritis that may or may not have been related to food they ingested.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Gastroenteritis can put you in the ER pretty quick.

Some -er- friends of mine invited several people over while one of their houseguests was extremely sick, and some of us came down with what he had.

I ended up in the ER when I couldn't even hold down Gatorade.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          With respect to H1N1, its real, get the vaccination especially if you are under the age of 60. H1N1 does not seem to infect older patients but it certainly can.

The seasonal flu will be coming, it is different. Everyone greater than age 50 needs the seasonal flu vaccine, get it now. If you have chronic health problems or live with or care for someone with health problems, the elderly of the very young get the seasonal flu vaccine now.

H1N1 and seasonal flu can be associated with upset stomach, nausea and vomiting but these are not prominent symptoms of what is primarily a respiratory illness. High fever, profound body aches, sore throat and non-productive (dry) cough are the typical symptoms of the flu. Vomiting and diarrhea have been more commonly reported with H1N1 than with seasonal flu. I suspect our guys had gastroenteritis that may or may not have been related to food they ingested.

Correct. Thanks.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
          X