Jacks have the flu bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks have the flu bug?

Heard today that a few players have the flu bug? Kleinjan even had to go to the hospital. Hopefully this doesn't affect us tonight.

Re: Jacks have the flu bug?

I guess what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas...
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
      Heard today that a few players have the flu bug? Kleinjan even had to go to the hospital. Hopefully this doesn't affect us tonight.
      They may have a viral illness but the odds they have influenza are pretty low. H1N1 activity in South Dakota is sporadiac at worst and I haven't heard of more than a case or two of the seasonal flu in South Dakota all season. That said, a young healthy guy like Kleinjan shouldn't be needing to go to the hospital with any typical virus. I hope they are well and relatively healthy.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

That whole H1N1 thing is just a overhyped fad....like the internet and cell phones.

Comment

That whole H1N1 thing is just a overhyped fad....like the internet and cell phones.
          yeah until you get it.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            yeah until you get it.....
            I was joking, but the whole H1N1 thing is kind of a joke. ANd I don't know one person who has got it.

Comment

I was joking, but the whole H1N1 thing is kind of a joke. ANd I don't know one person who has got it.
              Wait until you know someone who gets it! It's real and a lot of students on campus have been infected with it. Not probably as widespread as they predicted but the people who get it get hit hard!

Comment

I think it's a joke that you even say that. You have no idea what people like me see in the hospital and how much our census went up with the H1N1. I've seen people die from this and/or have long hospital stays. You really have no idea what you're talking about.

And please: Tell this family that it's a joke because here's one person for you...

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=0,93117
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Likewise, for the AGS followers, TexasTerror's 18 yo brother was taken out of this life by H1N1.

Being down here in NOLA (which is also where TT is at), that hit to close for comfort. People under 25 seem to be quite vulnerable to it, so do take advantage of the injections.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    Likewise, for the AGS followers, TexasTerror's 18 yo brother was taken out of this life by H1N1.

Being down here in NOLA (which is also where TT is at), that hit to close for comfort. People under 25 seem to be quite vulnerable to it, so do take advantage of the injections.
                    I got H1N1, then I got an upper respiratory infection, then I got Mono.... I had a pretty crappy fall semester....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      I got H1N1, then I got an upper respiratory infection, then I got Mono.... I had a pretty crappy fall semester....
                      Glad you're still with us and swapping stories there Joeboo.

Comment

I allegedly got H1N1 (never had the test), and got the lovely follow-on upper respiratory infection.

And then after that a cold.

The flu itself wasn't that bad, but it hits fast and is apparently more contagious than the regular flu.

Comment

My daughter had it, then my son had it, & of course I couldn't miss out. Tea, my guess is that you know someone that had it, you just didn't know they had it.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Does anyone know for a fact that the basketball team is having problems with the flu and are we talking influenza(either type) or just the stomach flu?

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                              Does anyone know for a fact that the basketball team is having problems with the flu and are we talking influenza(either type) or just the stomach flu?
                              There is serious speculation of food poisoning that occurred from a buffet in Las Vegas on the return trip from SUU last week. A bus driver and Grad Assistant Kleinjan were quite ill, Kleinjan was taken to the hospital. I don't think any of the players were effected (affected?).
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X