Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suu gdt

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
    Anybody notice that we are now 4-3 on the road this year. Winning road records are hard to come by at this level (5-2 home, 0-3 Neutral sites). I must say that is a very nice change of pace.
    Yup, and 9-8 overall. First time since we've been in D-I that we've been over .500 after New Year's Day, I believe.

This is much more fun . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Not so sure I'd call this one ugly. A little homely at times but not ugly. We did many things right in this game at a venue that is very hostile to visitors. I think SUU has won something like 78% of its home games since the facility was opened in about 1985 (I'll go to their media guide and check that). Fact is, we were scrapping the whole time and didn't have many lapses.

Added: The Centrum opened in 1985. Prior to this season, SUU's win-loss record in the Centrum was 230 of 288, or 79.9%. They don't exactly roll out the welcome mat. No doubt altitude has some effect on visiting flatlanders, too.
      Yep thats right 79.9 curiousity got the best of me so pulled down their media guide. It seats 5500 and built in 1985 so its nice facilty, but what was their attendance tonight? Sounded like 3000, but I wonder if they had 1000. Steve Emming's mike seems to pick up their rowdies pretty good. I wonder if we do that at Frost to the opponent's announcer.

SUU seems to get adrenal about 9 minutes into the second half and its gets hard to hold on. The Bison did not manage to do what we did so I like our chances in Fargo.

Comment

Seeing the Jacks got the W is fantastic news! I started getting a little nervous reading through the game posts.

Way to sweep the road trip guys!
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Seeing the Jacks got the W is fantastic news! I started getting a little nervous reading through the game posts.

Way to sweep the road trip guys!
          I still got a good feeling. But back in 1963, we got on a roll, but almost choked in the Regional to Nebraska Wesleyn on our own floor in the Barn,(Jim Booher was on that team from Nebraska Wesleyn) but they survived in OT and when they hit Evansville for the final eight, many of of our own fans thought one and done. There too, not many thought or put money on SDSU to win it all, in fact most of those from Southern Indiana hardly knew SDSU existed, let alone crown us champions. MY POINT: this season could still be full of big surprises more than anyone on this board can imagine. My good feelings are built around the momentum amongst the entire team, that has not been there before.

Comment

Working...
          X